Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0

aaglo said:
Hmm.. I can think of only one explanation: you have accidentally edited the civilopedia pediaicon by yourself, since that extending happens when you have bigger than 32x32 pixel image linked there. Check the folder Civ3PTW\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Units for a file called x_gallic swordsman civpedia sm.pcx. That file should be 32 x 32 pixels in size.

Actually, the thrall does that to me as well, and I did not touch any of the settings in either the editor or pediaicon txt file. I did not otherwise experience any unusual glitches in the game, which remains my favorite mod.

You cannot sacrifice workers that have a combat value. Hence, you cannot sacrifice your own Slaan workers, despite how the Civlopedia for that race is worded. This also means that the only way to sacrifice goblin and elf slaves is from captured settlers or razed cities, because their workers have defenses of two.

Jonathan

Hi there everyone. I've just dropped in after finding this mod pack on the internet. I'm a big fan of both warhammer and civilization and i think this mod pack has captured the spirit of the warhammer world in a great way. That's a fine project you've made, Emryodead.

But i was wondering.... i much prefer playing on premade worlds rather than those randomly genenrated. I've seen some of the premade warhammer world maps ealier on in this thread, how can i use them in this modpack? Is there a folder i have to put the map into?

And as for the maps themselves, is there a version of the warhammer world with just civ starting locations and nothing else like cities, improvements?

war hammer is great how do i use the world map dom i jus put it in conquest/scenerios or what

Yes greenman1234 that's the exact place. Just place the biq file in that folder and it will appear in your civ-content during the game setup. ;)

Hi Guys

Fantastic Mod is keeping me suitably sleep deprived :lol:

Strange thing happened to me when I was playing the Dark Elves, as I was establishing embassies in my neighbours capitals I noticed the 'inmet' option ...

Is it C3C or WH either way have not come across 'Unmet' before. :confused: BTW it disappeared when I made contact with another civ.

Can't wait for next release ... keep up the brilliance

Attachments

• Unmet.jpg
    Unmet.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 527
Yes It does imply that

However my point was that this is the first time I have come across the 'unmet' ... IIRC usually only the known civs are displayed and that is all ...

Therefore my question - is this something peculiar to WH mod or always displayed in C3C and I havn't noticed it before?

Cheers :goodjob:

Scytale said:
By the way...any news about how soon the new version will be ready?
It largely depends on how many things need to be changed :mischief:
It may be, that the next version isn't going to be Warhammer Fantasy 2.1, but Warhammer Fantasy 3.0 :lol:

I hope there's something new available in before the midsummer ;) (actually 21st of June would be just perfect :p )

mrtn said:
fe3333au, you haven't moticed before.

I guess I must be blind :cool: :blush: although could have sworn it never manifested before ... oh well ... I stand corrected :D

A stupid question:

What unit graphics are sorely needed for the existing civilizations (meaning: no skavens - at the moment atleast)?

Example: do we need a new graphics for the phoenix guard?

:mischief:

Well, I'd say all units that share gfx are needed. ;) But yes, the phoenix guard seems like a main contender. Maybe emb has different priorities for 2.1 though...

aaglo said:
A stupid question:

What unit graphics are sorely needed for the existing civilizations (meaning: no skavens - at the moment atleast)?

Example: do we need a new graphics for the phoenix guard?

:mischief:

yes i think we need new graphics for the phoenix guard and also:
- the chaos chariot graphics need replacing- in the game it is represented by a minoan (greek) chariot
- same comments for the high-elven tiranoc chariot
- the dark elf corsair looks the same as the high-elven infantry...in fact almost the whole dark-elf race looks similar to the high-elves even if they have
a different style.
- the Druid and the Goblin shaman should be changed

I know this means a lot of changes but I think that if just half of these units would receive new graphics it would be a great improuvment.

Scytale said:
- the chaos chariot graphics need replacing- in the game it is represented by a minoan (greek) chariot
- same comments for the high-elven tiranoc chariot
- the dark elf corsair looks the same as the high-elven infantry...in fact almost the whole dark-elf race looks similar to the high-elves even if they have
a different style.
- the Druid and the Goblin shaman should be changed
- I have been thinking about making a beasts of chaos tuskgor-chariot, I guess that would go quite well for the chaos :)
- I'm not sure if I can help with the high-elf chariot (skeleton horses are easy - different thing with live ones )
- I think that the high-elf/dark-elf lookalikes are not a bad thing, since they are somehow related (altough they hate eachoter), so I'm not sure if doing different graphics for both is such a good idea :)
- I've already done a goblin shaman (altough it's a hobgoblin)... And I think that the druid isn't that bad (even though it is an edited ancient leader :) )

Scytale said:
a different style.

I agree with your logic re High Elves vs. Dark Elves aaglo, after all they share a common ancestry.

However what about having the early non-human races having different early naval units than the humans. The later naval units are covered quite well I think.

BTW aaglo have you forgotton that you want to have a break after you have completed your To Do List :confused: glad you aren't you'd probably just get bored :D

fe3333au said:
BTW aaglo have you forgotton that you want to have a break after you have completed your To Do List :confused: glad you aren't you'd probably just get bored :D
Of course I haven't forgotten about having a break after I've completed my To-do -list. It's just that I really don't mind adding interesting things to the list. Emphasis on the word interesting. Anyway, I wonder if these types of discussions should be carried out in the warhammer graphics development/preview thread I've already started roughly a month ago?

When Dark Elves discover Military training is it purpose or fault that they get none of the bunch of new units there???

Top Bottom