Civilization/Leader Ref List - Game Setup Help

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Attached are two short reference lists of the Civilization & Leader information I am always needing when I am setting up a new game. One list is ordered by Civilization and the other by Leader.

The lists were created using data from the Civ 4 Info Center. :thumbsup:

I have provided 3 formats: doc, rtf and xls. (If someone with a pdf writer wants to add that, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. ;) )

EDIT: Updated files with corrections noted below by Baines and Aminor. Added Trait & Tech Matrices. PDF versions courtesy of Sadan01 can be found in here.

Attachments

• CIV4 Civilizations (doc).zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 930
  • CIV4 Civilizations (rtf).zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 295
  • CIV4 Civilizations (xls).zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 454
Good initiative, but you should know that the Info Center is not 100% correct.
For example Luis XIV is not Creative/Organized, he's Creative/Industrious. It says so ingame and you can check C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml for details.

I don't know if there are more traits that are listed wrong in the Info Center, hopefully they will change it in the next update. :rolleyes:

Edit: You can download a free PDF writer at http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp hope it fills your needs, haven't used it myself.

I used the tables provided by Denniz as a quick basis for some tables of my own (which I will share here as soon as presentable). Since Baines noted one discrepancy I reviewed the information carefully from the manual and found one other change:

Swap Roman (Julius Caesar) from Expansive/Creative to Expansive/Organized

and Persia (Cyrus) from Expansive/Organized to Expansive/Creative

Otherwise, all combinations of traits are possible other than Creative/Organized and Industrious/Philosophical.

.pdf generation is also an option with most modern office suites -- at least the two that I use which of course omits the most common. ;)

Baines said:
Good initiative, but you should know that the Info Center is not 100% correct.
Yikes.:sad: It never occured to me to check.

Aminor said:
Since Baines noted one discrepancy I reviewed the information carefully from the manual and found one other change...
I am not sure I would trust the manual. I am going to check against the game. (not the civilopedia)

I will see if I can re-post them this evening.

Thanks, guys.

I agree about not believing any source of data at this point which was why I did/will try to reference where I obtained the information when posting.

Thanks for adding the Trait matrix. That was exactly what I had roughed out as a quick guide when selecting a new leader for a new game. The Tech matrix is also handy though I haven't paid as much attention to that... so far. :)

Denniz said:
(If someone with a pdf writer wants to add that, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. ;) )

Please find those three documents in PDF format attached. ;)

Great work on these documents Denniz :) They are very useful instead of having to search through the manual or the Civilopedia.

Attachments

• Civ4 Civilizations (pdf).zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 621
Aminor said:
I agree about not believing any source of data at this point which was why I did/will try to reference where I obtained the information when posting.
Good point. I verified the list by starting a game with each leader. The only issues I found were the ones you and Baines noted. :)

Nice work Denniz. Much appeciated.

Just a thought, how about adding preferred Civics to the CIV 4 Civilizations chart.

Great. I have printed it and will use it.
Thanks for doing the work.

Top Bottom