Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

I am really having fun with playing this mod. I really am enjoying the fact that it is the first fully completed Civ to be released.

This is the first modded Civ that I say is of firaxis standards.

WELL DONE!

Is there anything else that can be added???

I can not see anything.

Good Job! Job completed!

Many thanks, and many thanks for your excellent work on the sound pack!

I'd like to add a couple of wonders, but time is tight right now. I need someone with more skill than I to help with wonder models.

I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. :)

well i got it downloaded and installed in the right place (i think). I unzipped it into the mods folder, and then unzipped the sounds stuff into the assets folder inside the Canada Mod folder. I even held shift when the game booted up, as instructed.

Sadly, it still won't show up on my list of selectable scenarios.

Cliche said:
well i got it downloaded and installed in the right place (i think). I unzipped it into the mods folder, and then unzipped the sounds stuff into the assets folder inside the Canada Mod folder. I even held shift when the game booted up, as instructed.

Sadly, it still won't show up on my list of selectable scenarios.

Make sure you've unzipped the file to Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's CivIV\Mods

Make sure there is no "double folder" (i.e. Mods\Canada Mod\Canada Mod)

In the Main Civ folder, find "_Civ4Config". Double-click to open. Halfway down, find this line:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none

Under that, type:

Mod = Mods\Canada Mod

This should automatically load the mod when you start the first time, getting rid of the caching problem.

It loaded... but gave me a bunch of file missing errors and crashed after getting to the title screen. I checked the unzip path and it looks fine... so I must be screwing something up.

Long time lurker, but WYZ I had to post to thank you for your outstanding work bringing Canada into CivIV.

As for your question, the CN tower (cntower.ca) site offers very little to go on, but it does mention that:

Although the CN Tower inspires a sense of pride and inspiration for Canadians and a sense of awe for tourists, its origins are firmly rooted in practicality. The construction boom in Toronto in the 1960's transformed the skyline characterized by relatively low buildings into one dotted with skyscrapers. These new buildings caused serious communication problems. With its microwave receptors at 338 m (1,109 ft.) and 553.33m (1,815 ft., 5 inches) antenna, the CN Tower swiftly solved the communication problems with room to spare. As a result people living in the Toronto area now enjoy some of the clearest reception in North America.​

So . . . 1)Culture (obviously), Gold increase of some kind (due to it's inherent touristy nature) and perhaps
2) Pollution reduction (read: communication pollution, but since there is only one type . . . )
3) Some effect on the borders? Perhaps an instant increase in city radius?
4) (Kind of stretching now) Perhaps generation of one of each of the missionary types available to your civ? (logic here being that ease of communication breeds the ease of religious proliferation?)

Anyway, I do have a separate question.

I just came back to Civ4 after a 6 month hiatus. I have always and will always play only as Canada.

I grabbed the Sevomod 3.0c but only McDonald is available as a leader (although looking around the "leaderheads" folder there IS a trudeau in there). I assume I cannot just plop your, more Canada focused mod + soundpack overtop of Sevomod 3.0c without complete failure of some kind, right? I just wish I could have the best of both worlds, or, mods, as the case may be.

Again, a wholehearted thanks to you and all who assist you - you make talentless joes like myself quite happy.

(and BTW, what do we have to do to be recognized as a country by Firaxis/dev team, anyway? Begin a tyrannical crusade? Start spreading some "freedom" around? :confused:)

vertebraex said:
Long time lurker, but WYZ I had to post to thank you for your outstanding work bringing Canada into CivIV.

Thanks!

As for your question, the CN tower (cntower.ca) site offers very little to go on, but it does mention that:

Although the CN Tower inspires a sense of pride and inspiration for Canadians and a sense of awe for tourists, its origins are firmly rooted in practicality. The construction boom in Toronto in the 1960's transformed the skyline characterized by relatively low buildings into one dotted with skyscrapers. These new buildings caused serious communication problems. With its microwave receptors at 338 m (1,109 ft.) and 553.33m (1,815 ft., 5 inches) antenna, the CN Tower swiftly solved the communication problems with room to spare. As a result people living in the Toronto area now enjoy some of the clearest reception in North America.​

So . . . 1)Culture (obviously), Gold increase of some kind (due to it's inherent touristy nature) and perhaps
2) Pollution reduction (read: communication pollution, but since there is only one type . . . )
3) Some effect on the borders? Perhaps an instant increase in city radius?
4) (Kind of stretching now) Perhaps generation of one of each of the missionary types available to your civ? (logic here being that ease of communication breeds the ease of religious proliferation?)

Some good ideas here. I think 1) for sure. Maybe 2) like a modern obelisk? Interesting thought.

I grabbed the Sevomod 3.0c but only McDonald is available as a leader (although looking around the "leaderheads" folder there IS a trudeau in there).

Trudeau should be available, as well. It may be possible simply to turn it "on" in the XML. I'll download Sevomod sometime this weekend and look.

I assume I cannot just plop your, more Canada focused mod + soundpack overtop of Sevomod 3.0c without complete failure of some kind, right? I just wish I could have the best of both worlds, or, mods, as the case may be.

You're correct in that you cannot do this. Both mods share several files, so you would have to combine the XML files manually. However, once CIV Gold 2.0 is released it will likely be integrated with Sevomod. 2.0 will have most of the Canada soundpack.

Again, a wholehearted thanks to you and all who assist you - you make talentless joes like myself quite happy.

Again, many thanks. :)

(and BTW, what do we have to do to be recognized as a country by Firaxis/dev team, anyway? Begin a tyrannical crusade? Start spreading some "freedom" around? :confused:)

Never gonna happen. Despite the popularity of the Canada Mod (thanks to the hoards of Canadians crawling on the net), I doubt they'll add it unless they do so in a scenario - WWI or some hypothetical North American skirmish.

I'd like to see it, and I know people voted for it on the Firaxis website. But nothing short of a tripling of the Canadian market is going to get this to happen.

Why would Firaxis put Canada in the official game and deprive all the modders of their fun? Sleepless nights, bloodshot eyes, carpel tunnel, time away from your family...who'd want to pass that up? ;)

Well it was my goof... I had forgotten to patch to 1.61. Patched now... and it loads up fine and looks great... buuuuut for some reason when it loads, it says "10 Turns Left!" despite it being 4000 BC. The game ends 10 turns in each time.

Did I manage to louse something up that would cause this?

Cliche said:
Well it was my goof... I had forgotten to patch to 1.61. Patched now... and it loads up fine and looks great... buuuuut for some reason when it loads, it says "10 Turns Left!" despite it being 4000 BC. The game ends 10 turns in each time.

Did I manage to louse something up that would cause this?

Bizarre.

I've never heard of that before with any mod. Did you change you Config file for the mod? I wonder if there was a setting in there that got changed by accident.

In the Config file, check the 12th entry from the bottom. This is what is should say:

; Max number of turns (0 for no turn limit)
MaxTurns = 0

Not sure how on earth this would get changed if it did, but it should read '0'. Otherwise, check your game settings.

I changed the config file so that it would load the mod directly (as you instructed above) but that's all I changed.

my Maxturns command line seems to be in a different spot. I see it listed seventh from the top, but not listed down at the bottom. should it be in both, or should it be just listed down at the bottom?

Code:
; Number of turns to autorun before exit (0 for no limit)
AutorunTurnLimit = 0

; Set App on Auto-Run
Autorun = 0

; Enable D3D9 Queries
D3D9Query = 0

; Custom Screen Height, ex: 768 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when both values are set to 0
ScreenHeight = 0

That's what I see in mine. If I count up from the bottom the D3D9 entry is 12th.

Hmmmm.

Again, that's odd. There seems to be a whol bunch of stuff missing afterward. Load the mod, start a Custom Game, then make sure your options and preferences are what they should be.

Honestly? I'm a little stumped. Never had anyone report that problem before.

Hmm... well I set my game speed to epic and all that... didn't see anything else that would change the number of turns.

I think i'm going to wipe everything and re-install.

edit: Yeah, I'm going to have to do that, because it's doing the 10 turns thing in all my games now, not just the Canada Mod.

Top Bottom