Term II Election - Domestic Minister

Who shall be the next domestic minister?

• dutchfire

Votes: 13 72.2%

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RegentMan

Deity
Please vote for a candidate to be the domestic minister of Fanatica. The candidates are:

dutchfire

The poll is private and will remain open until turn 30. Link to the nomination thread. Good luck to the candidates!

Any questions to the candidates?

How would you lead this country forward?

What are your previous MP experience?

What level do you play on during SP where you can achieve a 50% win ratio?

BCLG100 said:
How would you lead this country forward?
I want to establish a country with a healthy economy, a good resources that will have the power to live in peace as long as it wants, and can strike deadly when it wants to. On of my main priorities will be to find good city spots that will keep chokepoints save, gather resources, and will help our economy by lots of cottages. Starting up a Dotmappingdiscussion will be the first thing I do if I get elected. I also want to work together with Foreign minister Methos :)goodjob: on your election) to get the techs we need as soon as possible.

If we manage our country correctly in these first terms, we'll have an advantage that will last for the entire game.

BCLG100 said:
What are your previous MP experience?
I'm playing a PBEM with you, Robboo, and Oldbus at the moment, and I'm science minister in team Innovia in the MTDG.

BCLG100 said:
What level do you play on during SP where you can achieve a 50% win ratio?
On Monarch I get about a 90% win, but it's with custom settings (no barbs, small/tiny maps), so I guess I could say I can win monarch 50% off the time easily. I can win emperor too, but I think I can only achieve a 50% ratio with Julius and his mighty Praetorians on Epic/Marathon.

Wow, Dutch wins my vote. I don't know why dot mapping is a big deal, but while I win 51% of my Emperor games I don't play that much Civ right now. Also I totally blew it when setting up my latest PBEM.

Besides I'm pretty busy still wasting my time trying to figure out stuff from the demographic screens. :(

Some threads on dotmapping.

Proper dotmapping has become very important in cIV because the upkeep costs have become much higher. I think the best plan for a dotmap in our situation (lots of landbridges) is to explore near our capital first, and to close of a few landbridges, so no-one else can settle there, and we'll be able to backfill it later.

We currently have 5 unexplored landbridges near our capital (S, SE, NE, W, NW) I've marked a good city area (further exploration required) in the SE, one between NW and NE and one more to the north west. (Next time I'll zoom out a bit more and put resources on, but this one was just to check out where we should explore more.)

Another thing we should watch is canals, it's possible to let a city act as a canal if it's on a 1 tile wide landbridge, if we want to be seafaring, canals might help us a lot.

dotmap2.JPG

dotmap1.JPG

Methos said:
Is that correct, or a mis-click? This poll won't close until Oct. 9th?
Correct. I figured three weeks would give us ample time to play four turns. I didn't want the poll to be open forever, as that can lead to people voting on February 25, etc.

Still if we get the 4 turns done after a week we should close this poll then, just someone posting in the thread.

We've heard from Dutch and myself now what does Mr Abstain have to say?

Congrats Dutch

Thanks, does the term start immediately? Should I get my thread up now?

can do, dont think it matters so much tbh, its same ol same ol with turn player and i manage to make every discussion there :D

congrats..yeah get started..my term is done with my lack of time anyway. Be back next term...so keep my office warm and dont go painting the walls or get too comfortable...

/Only joking Dutch...I have no idea how much time I will have in a month.

Top Bottom