Preview Modern Construction units

@embryo, I meant describe what each job should look like.

example:
Clear forest: Bulldozer plows down a tree
Irrigate: bulldozer makes a furrow with rear blade.

Be as specific as you can. The more input there is, the more creative I can get.

wow, when you look at it that way maybe it should stay the same size, i would say to make it about as small as Straczynski said and see if the detail gets worse, if not id say leave it smaller.

This has been my only forray sofar into making a worker unit:
Build magrail

Clear Forest

This martian machine is more "capable" than a bulldozer, but ok I know what you mean. I propose not to include tree in the animation, simply because people use different terrain mods and it may look strange (which isn't the case with martain machine since it's mod-specific). Maybe a tree stump(s)? That would be more universal.

ps. I bet 80-90% size is just as it should be

Well I have just been told that both those earthmovers are much larger than an M1A2 Abrams. And the dozer can crush it like a tin can.

For ressurecting a 3 year old dead thread, and asking for a 2nd time in less than 24 hours, I'm going to say this:

Do you realllly need one? Are you going to die without it? Because I'm willing to take that chance.

I hate posting in such old threads but since somebody else allready did. I would love to see at least the dozer completed........it would make an excellent addition to an infantry unit to become a CB unit.

I'll second BK's dozer request for the same reason. (CB/engineer). only in an olive drab green instead of the yellow....

How about you all leave poor Wyrmshadow alone. He animates like hundreds of units at a time and its a privledge having him here now. So sit back and relax, if he chooses to make a consruction unit good, if not, than so be it. I have had alot of unit requests denyed before recently, I know how it feels, but it happens guys.

Oh, for pity's sake! :shake:

Two favors please:

(1) Note that pestering Wyrmshadow is about as thoughtful as nagging Santa Claus.

(2) Maybe use some imagination and/or do a little research. It took me all of about ten minutes going through my (I'm guessing) two thousand or so unit D/Ls to discover the following:

(i) Jeffsheets made a M728 CEV dozer (@BadKharma: I think this is what you're looking for).
(ii) Although human, Rufus T Firefly made a modern human engineer.
(iii) Recon1591's Combat Engineer uses civilian vehicle animations (including a crane) for Fortress and Road building.
(iv) Smoking Mirror's "Digger" ("Mars Utility Vehicle") doesn't look unfathomably futuristic.
(v) A little more futuristic is Wyrm's own Centipede: although it has "only" a Settler animation, it entails containers being offloaded from a truck (hint: this is where the imagination part comes in).
(vi) Go futuristic: BeBro's SF "Workbee" will fly around and do all your jobs for you. ;)

Etc.,

Oz

Jeffsheets made a M728 CEV dozer

Ozymandias, could you please be so kind to give a working link to that unit (or to download it). I can´t find it at CFC (even with Google search).
Thank you very much.

Top Bottom