Playground Mod

Issue:

I know you'd like to try out the GPA scale, but I've got an idea that conflicts with it. It's for the Senso Recruitment centers, and how older kids progress in strength.

Recruitment Center level 1 is available at the Senso Unique Tech, and it spawns 6th graders. Recruitment level 2s would be available at 6th Grade, and they would spawn 7th Graders. For them to be Senso only, they would need to have Recruitment Center level 1s as required for it to be built. But Level 1s spawn 6th graders already, and I don't really want to have a city with Level 1-4, each spawning supposed older, but now younger kids. (level 4 would spwan the 9th graders, AKA uncaring High Schoolers) I really don't want a city to potentially spawn a 6th Grader, a 7th Grader, an 8th Grader, and a High Schooler on a single turn when the person has advanced past 8th Grade.

So what I am proposing, is to use the "Replace all imp. checked with this box" checkbox to stop it. (level 1s don't require anything, level 2 require level 1, but replaces it, level 3 requires level 2 but replaces it, and so on.)

So... Can you think of some other way to impliment this?

But then the problem arises with non-Senso nations being able to build it. (once it is obsolete, and a new level is available, then the non-Senso nations can build it, as it requires no Senso only stuff.)

I guess that will work, but this would require so much more work to realign the techs and space them out, as well as the problem with the minimum 4 turns still...

I just re-read the rules. It says that the "replace all improvements with this box checked" only affects improvements. This means interesting things can happen. (Determines the strictness of that rule)

After running a test, I have found an interesting result of the "Replace all improvements with this box checked" box.

If an improvement that has that box checked (THTBC) exists, and an improvement THTBC is built.
Then imp 1 is replaced with imp 2.

If an improvement THTBC exists, and a Small Wonder THTBC is built.
Then imp 1 is replaced with SW 1.

If an improvement THTBC exists, and a Great Wonder THTBC is built.
Then imp 1 is replaced with GW 1.

If a Small Wonder THTBC exists, and a Improvement THTBC is built.
Then SW 1 is not replaced. Imp 1 is built.

If a Small Wonder THTBC exists, and a Small Wonder THTBC is built.
Then SW 1 is not replaced. SW 2 is built.

If a Small Wonder THTBC exists, and a Great Wonder THTBC is built.
Then SW 1 is not replaced. GW 1 is built.

If a Great Wonder THTBC exists, and a Improvement THTBC is built.
Then GW 1 is not replaced. Imp 1 is built.

If a Great Wonder THTBC exists, and a Small Wonder THTBC is built.
Then GW 1 is not replaced. SW 1 is built.

If a Great Wonder THTBC exists, and a Great Wonder THTBC is built.
Then GW 1 is not replaced. GW 2 is built.

Meaning: Only improvements can be replaced by that box. SWs and GWs can't be replaced when another with that box checked is built.

So.

The GPA system with the SW A, B, C, D, and F can't work.

Idea!

Student Teacher

Tech: None
Shields: 200
Upgrades From: None
Upgrades To: None
Moves: 2
Attack: 20
Defense: 20
HP Bonus: 0
No Support
Bombard Str.: 15
Range: 1
ROF: 4
Operational Range: 10
Teleport Range: 10
Resource: None
Abilities: Foot Unit, Blitz, Detect Invisible, Radar, Lethal land bombard, Ranged attack animation
Available to: None (spawned from Teacher's Union every 30 turns)
Class: Land
AI Strategies: Offense; Defense; Artillery
Flags: All Standard Orders; Load; Airlift; Pillage; Capture; Enslave; Bombard; Airdrop; Teleportable
Enslave results in: Detention Prisoner

Unit

Civpedia entry:

Student Teachers are teachers of the future, fresh out of college, and ready to change the world... Just after they get some first hand experience in teaching the most battle-hardened kids on the planet.

Although they have less authority than regular teachers, they can still detect invisible units as well as give detentions. This, combined with their new unorthodox tactics and experimental gadgets give them an edge in combat with kids. Some of their new skills that they either learned at college or from their own adaptation are their ability to bombard at a range (often lethally), them being faster than other teachers, and the knowledge on how attack amphibiously. They also poses a miniaturized kid radar to allow them to see 2 squares around them regardless of terrain, and an experimental teleportation device that allows them to teleport a short distance (5 squares to be exact) to a nearby teacher to do their bidding. Usually to teach/kill-kids for them, but in doing so, they give the teachers severe headaches from the device, and injure them slightly. Naturally, a teacher will refuse to commit suicide summoning in a student teacher. They can also link up the device at an airport's computer terminal to enable them to double their teleport range as well as being able to teleport to locations without teachers (code named air drop to keep kid spies in the dark about the other capabilities of the device), though the phasing in portion can be easily disturbed by enemy forces, and the student teacher will have his or her atoms misalign, and instantly die. As a safety precaution, all teleportation devices are attuned to the Teacher's Union building's signal, and can teleport back to defend it if necessary.

Since they are only student teachers, they do not need to be paid, and they are spawned at the Teacher's Union every 30 turns.

The Teacher's Union improvement, Teacher Infantry, Teacher Marines, and Teacher Paratroopers now have the Telepad option checked, and are the Student Teacher's Legal Telepad.

Actually, quite a bit. (mostly me adding the ideas and stuff to the mod though, and then release it for play testing.)

I've got a crazy insane plan.

I could add my 2 civs into the mod, as I have enough information so I can get some stuff down, but the rest I can make up. (names of everything needs to be made up.)

I can only remember that we both had an obsession with Giant Death Robots, we started out as 1 faction playing tag and split into 2 factions, and one person broke away with my faction and joined the other to become it's leader, and then we had an epic battle, which ended all future playground wars because teachers came in.

I only remember the names of myself, and the breakaway leader. And the rest of them I am using vague memories of elementary kids that might have been involved.

The units will be mostly along the lines of GDRs, because we have a fair amount of them available. Both unit lines are almost identical, except for the AAVs, which will be slightly differing in ability. They will use the same HS unit (can't decide what though)

Everything is really similar, to the point that I'm not even sure if I should add it in or not. (the war lasted for 2 weeks before being stopped by the teachers. Diplomacy existed, but were few attempts, and it was a regicide type war, with the end battle being a battle between me and the other faction leader.)

So... Should I add it?

Umm, define enough stuff.

They were fighting between each other pretty much from the moment of them forming, but it didn't last long enough to make it significantly different.

Umm, it's not exactly constructive civil war if it lead to both to be annihilated in one fell swoop by the teachers, now is it?

Note to self: I am here

Amazingly, I am done. (almost. Need to get the Demolisher Dragon's default animation. It was missing in the DL. But I now made a new one by taking the 1st 4 frames of the fortify animation and repeating them for the default animation.)

So after I get the animation, all I need to do is to run a test to see if that one unit works, and then release an alpha test for 2.0 and see what you think. (I took the liberties of altering a few things to make them more balanced. Such as less units for FA. ;) )

And from what I've tested, it takes about 3 (FA) to 5 (Girls) HS units to take out a police officer. That sound about right? Any normal person would shoot it a lot with artillery and bombers before going in though. So I gave him AA defense, so that it would increase his skillz. (what kind of police officer armed with authentic weapons can't shoot down an imaginary plane?)

And I also got Hooray's Civ in. If you play against it, you need to completely rethink your battle tactics. Almost all of their units are all terrain as road. The only ones that aren't, are their workers, settlers, generic troops (mercenaries, barbarian, soccer player) and their AAV (which ignores movement costs, but still.). Their units aren't very strong, but they are cheap. They also get a unique SW, called "Operation Blitz" which basically spawns their equivalent disposable unit. And their gov is perfect for massive wars, as they can support 10 per town, 12 per city, and 14 per metro. Because their troops tend to die in droves because they are not very skilled.

And what I would like to have accomplished soon, is to get the civpedia to be nice for reading. I added links to a bunch of the stuff already, and now it's just some other minor details left.

Top Bottom