Born of Fire: Discussion and Development Thread

I know you didn't request wonder splashes yet, and I haven't adjusted the palette. Still I thought you'd enjoy a preview:

Spoiler :
"Dude If I Flipped Off My Board And Landed Butt First On A Cactus I'd Puke Blood Too" Small Wonder

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think smilies quite do it justice! I was laughing out loud for a good two minutes hammering my hand on the desk. That is absolutely hilarious. Do you mind if I quote that in my sig?

The three previewed Andean leaderheads have now been completed and can be found here. I ended up changing the backgrounds on two of them and I think it was for the better. I'll do you some other leaderheads for the mod when I get an opportunity to do so.

I apologize if you already have seen it, but I came across this farming terraces resource - with the Incas in mind - by Rufus T. Firefly.
I haven't seen that. I'm still not certain how precisely to represent terrace farming in-game, but this will be useful.
The three previewed Andean leaderheads have now been completed and can be found here. I ended up changing the backgrounds on two of them and I think it was for the better. I'll do you some other leaderheads for the mod when I get an opportunity to do so.
Excellent! That was fast! :)
Posted 7 of the science-related techs you requested in my library.
Download here.
Thanks! Those tech icons are wicked good, Blue! :thumbsup:
where are you Red?
Please DO NOT start a "RedAlert is missing" thread ;) :lol: !! Actually, I've been wondering the same thing, but he does get busy in RL sometimes.
I wont but I certainly wonder were he goes when hes off on hes jaunts.

PS: I miss Shiro...
I'm here, now. :) I didn't really 'go' anywhere besides away from the digital world. I think, more accurately, my jaunts are coming here rather than leaving.

PS: I miss Shiro too.
Just to keep this thread alive I thought that era four of the mesoamerican cities could be based on the picture I posted earlier....
Good thinking! I was wondering what I would do with the fourth era. I think something along those lines / Rise of Nations take on mesoamerica would do the trick. I'll probably add in a Christian church, too, and maybe a couple other signs of spanish influence.

--------------------------------------------------
On another note, I'm preparing something for Christmas... ;)

Thanks! Those tech icons are wicked good, Blue! :thumbsup:
You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

All the rescuable files have been copied. Now I'm slogging through the thousands of randomly numbered graphics. It looks like only some of the PCX made it without showing up as all black, since I had to teach the software to recognize it. On the other hand, almost all of the source graphics/roughcuts did come through the apocalypse - since that was the state of most the work on this mod we should be OK.

I've got a list I printed of your requests organized by theme (ie science, agriculture, politics, etc.). I intend to work my way through the production queue in that fashion.

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

All the rescuable files have been copied. Now I'm slogging through the thousands of randomly numbered graphics. It looks like only some of the PCX made it without showing up as all black, since I had to teach the software to recognize it. On the other hand, almost all of the source graphics/roughcuts did come through the apocalypse - since that was the state of most the work on this mod we should be OK.

I've got a list I printed of your requests organized by theme (ie science, agriculture, politics, etc.). I intend to work my way through the production queue in that fashion.

That's good to hear; I was wondering how your comp issues were going.
I await your techs with anticipation. :)

As part of the hd recovery I had to back up a step or two & bring my reference maps for the biq up to date. Here's the current version I'm working from:
thumbnail

The effective size is 138x244 tiles. I figure that you'll have it set so there's no trade by ocean, so the AI's thinking/game turn time won't be as long as it might seem. I'm thinking of putting Easter Island off in the lower left just for fun. If there's a resource slot or LM terrain slot left open we can put the Moai on it.

Top Bottom