DMI VII - Celebrity Deathmatch

@stuge:

The Vanilla Team entirely consists of players who have played in Ozbennos SG "OB04 - Five is the magic number". As you have played not in this game I wrote "OB04 1.5" as a little joke on that...

*Starts reading the OB04 thread furiously in order to get all the inevitable insider
jokes.*

Main thing to know is that Ralph is only any good at building ships :D :D

And that the rest of the team always end up saying "Whoops think we need a navy! Where's Ralph?"

Welcome aboard Stuge.

Cheers

Ralph

·Imhotep·;6233002 said:
... Now it's time for a team decision: Shall we wait for the roster to be filled up entirely or shall we start ?...

I say we start!

I say lets start, plenty of time to fill the last spots

Ralph

Agreed.

I think our team has an advantage in any case. A Pangaea map will put our Cossacks to full use. An Archipelago map will put Ralph to full use. :lol:

In what way are these games going to be competitive, especially with access to spoilers?

I agree that this setup is aimed at comparing approach and results between the three genres of Civ4. If this is to be the case then each needs to be played as separate entities until completion. If access is allowed to all three threads then what is to stop one team stalling and seeing what is thrown up by another, thus gaining the team that stalls an advantage. I know that nothing can be done to police who looks at what thread but if a comparison is to be drawn, then I suggest each team should not look at any thread whilst still playing and not drop hints to others still playing when finished.

I think the best compromise would be:
-Post here in the already mentioned checkpoints... a small write up and a save will do. Comparisson and furious discussion of the games welcomed
- Besides that, no contact between games

EDIT Mr Oz beated be :gripe:

·Imhotep·;6233003 said:
Now that's a shame :cry: :cry: :cry: . Have I done you any ill I'm not aware of ? Well, at least I hope you'll enjoy the lurk... :)

Imhotep

Well, I thought you have all signed up, but then now I see there are actually two open slots. :p

Put me in any one of them then.

@GreyFox:

As I'm selfish I'll put you on the Warlords Team of course :) :D . It's an honour for me to share a SG with you again ! :)

@competitive play:

Huzzah, lots of people thinking about the game. That's good :) . I've put some thought into it too. I think there is no need to restrain thread peeking as the winner will be chosen through a nifty scoring system. I'll post the details in about 4 hours. Still. if there is a major consensus that thread peeking should not be allowed I'll obey as a good democrat to the majority :) .

Imhotep

So here is the scoring system we'll use to determine our winner:

Winner is the team with most points accumulated at the end of the game (now that was an obvious choice ;) ). The points are awarded for...

• The Pyramids --- 500 points
  • The Oracle --- 200 points
  • The Hanging Gardens --- 150 points
  • The Great Library --- 400 points
  • The Great Lighthouse --- 250 points
  • The Colossus --- 150 points
  • Stonehenge --- 70 points
  • every other wonder --- 50 points
  • every killed AI unit (including barbs) --- 10 points
  • every AI at "friendly" at the end of the game --- 650 points
  • every AI voting for you in the final election --- 200 points
  • True Diplomatic win (less then 40% of the votes) --- 2500 points
  • Diplomatic win (more than 40% of the votes) --- 1250 points
  • Backdoor Domination Diplomatic win --- 700 points
  • Conquest Win --- 850 points
  • Domination Win --- 600 points
  • Culture Win --- 750 points
  • Time Win --- 200 points
  • Space Win --- 850 points

Hope this makes sense :) . Diplomatic Victory via AP scores only half.

Imhotep

Top Bottom