East Asia mod?

Ok that's the list. Please :help:

Here's Robs new units. Maybe one of them would fit in as UU's?
Spoiler :

edit: Look down for the list, I moved it into this page.

There are seven Indian units, and I have an Indian civ without a UU. ;)

Maybe Blue can spot a Vijayanargaran in there somwehere.

Unique Units

Ok here is the list of UU's. It's not finished so I need your help. I'll keep updating it while you comment.

Nippon
Samurai 8.6.1 +1hp cost 80 Iron
Replaces Off 3 (8.5.1 cost 80, Iron)
Uses the Samurai infantry from the extra packs graphics.

Goryeo
Turtleship 6.5.9.10.1.1 cost 120 Iron Saltpeter Timber
Replaces Sea War 4 (5.4.9.8.1.1 cost 120 Copper Saltpeter Timber)

Jin
Bannerman 11.6.1 +2hp cost 100 Iron
Replaces Off 4 (10.6.1 cost 100 Iron)
I'll use this one, without the flag on the back, unless someone objects.
Ming
Rocketeers 7.7.1 +1hp cost 80 Saltpeter
Replaces Def Range (7.6.1 cost 80 Saltpeter)

Song
Paddleship same stats as Sea Trans 4, except the cost.
Replaces both Sea Trans 3 and 4

Qin
Qin Infantry 8.4.1 cost 60 Iron
Replaces Off 2 (6.4.1 cost 60 Iron)
Possibly recolour version.

Nanzhao
Tai Tribesman 8.5.1 cost 60 no support
Replaces Off 3 (8.5.1 cost 80 Iron)

Nam Viet
Au-Lac Crossbowman 5.2.1 cost 20
Replaces Range 1 (3.2.1 cost 20) and Range 2 (4.3.1 cost 40)
I'll be using the Stonecrosbow by Firaxis unless something better is made

Mongolia
Keshik 7.3.4 cost 80 Horses
Replaces Horse 3 (7.3.3 cost 80 Horses Iron)
Uses Firaxis Keshik graphics

Yuezhi
Yabgu Archer 5.3.1 atar cost 40
Replaces Range 2 (4.3.1 cost 40)

Tibet
Khampa Horseman 5.4.2 move easy trough hills & mountains cost 55 Horses
Replaces Horse 2 (5.2.2 cost 55 Horses)
Will work as a placeholder.

Kara Khitai
Tayangyu Warrior 7.4.3 cost 70 Horses
Replaces Horse 3 (7.3.3 cost 80 Horses Iron)
This will do for now.

Timurids
Camel Cavalry 10.3.3 cost 100
Replaces Horse 4 (8.4.3 Horses cost 100)

Kambujadesa
Pha'kakman 8.4.2 move trough Jungle cost 70

Burma
Kywan Worker +1 movement trough all terrains.
Replaces Worker

Sri Vijaya
Trishulman 3.5.1 cost 30
Replaces Def 2 (3.4.1 cost 40 Iron)
Spoiler :
The guy with in the circle.

Majapahit
Bugis Warrior 9.5.1 amphibious cost 80
Some primitive looking warrior?

Indus
Shaman Warrior 1.3.1 cost 10
Replaces Warrior (1.2.1 cost 10)

Mughals
Sikh Musketman 9.6.1 cost 80 Saltpeter
Replaces Def Range (7.6.1 cost 80 Saltpeter)

Maurya
Golden Archer 4.4.1 +1hp cost 40
Replaces Range 2 (4.3.1 cost 40)

Vijayanargara
Nayakas 10.6.1 cost 80 no support
Replaces Off 4 (10.6.1 cost 100 Iron)
Uses the Vyuha Warrior graphics

Indus
Shaman? Tribal Warrior? 1.3.1 cost 10
Replaces Warrior (1.2.1 cost 10)
Maybe Utahjazz's Tribal dude? And no I don't want to use another worker or settler for Indus. For gameplay reasons.

You're gonna be pretty stuck here, since there has been no evidence of ANY Indus military.

Maybe a very early trade ship? Or a warrior with -x H.P. but all terrain as roads? (Could also replace the scout, could be a Merchant of some sort)

You're gonna be pretty stuck here, since there has been no evidence of ANY Indus military.

Maybe a very early trade ship? Or a warrior with -x H.P. but all terrain as roads? (Could also replace the scout, could be a Merchant of some sort)

I know, that why I suggested Shaman, since that isn't a military unit.

Yeah, but what am I supposed to do? Strip Indus of all it's military units. I'd rather not play them then. :lol: ;)

Nah. Just their UU :D

I think the best idea so far would be a boat which they can build from the beginning (or there abouts), which is essentially Sea Trans 1, but earlier, possibly using the graphics of Kryten's Merchant boat.

I guess I could do that, only problem is that it would be a next to useless unit in the map version, since Indus will have the normal boats available by the time they settle the coast. So I'd rather give them such a boat as a flavour unit.

Then how about replacing it with the same tech, but carries +1 unit and/or somewhat cheaper?
Again quite useless on the map (altough would be fine in the normal game), so I'll still prefer it as a flavour.

How about the Fast worker concept? :)
Two reasons. It's unbalancing since Indus already have a very powerful trait combination. They usually expand a lot in the beginning, so giving them such a worker would be overkill. Besides Burma actually has a natural unique worker unit, the Kywan Worker.

Well, what about a worker with some defense? It will also work to bolster AI defenses during wartime, as they hide all their workers in their cities, who will act like some kind of small militia, which is what I guess early the Harrapan military must have been comprised of :).

Meh.. You guys never give up. :p

Ok I'll make it a worker with defence if such graphics are available. Will have to check Plots workers again.

Sri Vijaya - instead of a ship give them a marine using the guy with the trishul (trident) 5th row, 2nd in.

Vijayanagara - give them Sandris' Indian Flintlock before others can discover gunpowder. Vijayanagara had it's heyday during the gunpowder era. Beside that, there are persistent tales of Indians having gunpowder weapons before anyone else; the Chinese invented it but didn't weaponize it until later.

Majapahit - for the Bugis Man ask Sandris to make this guy:

Indus - give them a spearman or archer with really good defense & lousy attack. Like 4th row 3rd in.

Maurya - Plotinus Golden Archer. There are a spearman & swordsman available there also.

Mughals -use one of the horse lancer units. I don't know who made them, but there are some decent units in the Rise & Fall of the Mughals mod. Alternatively, you could use one of the several elephants units available.

Sri Vijaya - instead of a ship give them a marine using the guy with the trishul (trident) 5th row, 2nd in.
Sorry, a what?:blush:

Vijayanagara - give them Sandris' Indian Flintlock before others can discover gunpowder. Vijayanagara had it's heyday during the gunpowder era. Beside that, there are persistent tales of Indians having gunpowder weapons before anyone else; the Chinese invented it but didn't weaponize it until later.
I would like to keep that unit as a flavour for all the Indian civs, since there are no other good alternatives. But the wiki article does mention musketeers. I guess I can use the Sikh guy as aflavour then.

edit: but reading this it seems the Mughals should get the musket UU instead:
wikipedia said:
The Mughals introduced muskets to India in 1519 and were since then widely used by not only the Indian Mughal Empires but also by Rival South Indian kingdoms. The muskets that the Mughals and the rest of India used were made of the finest quality wootz steel. These Indian muskets were manufactured by the thousands and could even use stones instead of balls if needed. The superior strength of the steel allowed Mughals the ability to use more gunpowder than their European counterparts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musket#Asia :confused:

Majapahit - for the Bugis Man ask Sandris to make this guy:
Spoiler :
:lol: I already asked him to do the martial artists, I don't want to overwhelm the guy. ;)

Indus - give them a spearman or archer with really good defense & lousy attack. Like 4th row 3rd in.
Yeah, well the Shaman/Tribal Warrior I proposed would be a defence UU.

Maurya - Plotinus Golden Archer. There are a spearman & swordsman available there also.
Ofcause. I simply forgot those units at the time of writing!

Mughals -use one of the horse lancer units. I don't know who made them, but there are some decent units in the Rise & Fall of the Mughals mod. Alternatively, you could use one of the several elephants units available.
BeBro made a Bengal Lancer unit is that the one you refer too? I'd still prefer some archer unit, since the Mughals were known for the composite horsearchers.
Bengal Lancer preview

And unless someone starts to crank out elephants there can be no flavour units. I already use all the elephants that doesn't suck.

Ok, I'm off to update the list.

Yoda Power said:
Unique Units

Ok here is the list of UU's. It's not finished so I need your help. I'll keep updating it while you comment.

Jin
Bannerman missing info
missing info
missing info

Nam Viet
Au-Lac Crossbowman missing info
Not sure which era he should come in. Replaces Range X obviosly
I'll be using the Stonecrosbow by Firaxis unless something better is made

The Bannerman represents a soldier under the Qing Empire's "Eight Banners" system. It was established by Nurhaci in the early 17th century and was instrumental in the conquest of the Ming Empire. As a military force, it was more centralized and established for ease of mobilization and organization. Soldiers under the "Eight Banners" became the elite soldiers for the Manchu army and later became a virtual military caste in the 18th century.

"Au-Lac Crossbowman" refers to a crossbow-wielding soldier from early Vietnam. Crossbows have been used in Vietnam since the Bronze Age, as evidenced in figures on Dongson bronze drums. The crossbow was a weapon of traditional significance in the legend of An Duong, the founder of the Au-Lac kingdom, in which he wielded a crossbow that made him virtually unbeatable.

Top Bottom