FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

For units with the marksmen promotion destroying equipment I changed it so that they would only target units with a base combat strength greater than 0 (since all equipment has 0 strength) and thus won't even attack it unless they can capture it. However this also means they won't attack workers if they're in the stack. Personally I don't mind it that way, but I could see others differing on that opinion.

Unfortunately this makes Corlindale offlimits to a unit with the marksman promotion

I was using entropy mana in my last game, incurring the relationship penalty with good/neutral civs. The problem is when they all went AV, they became evil.. but the penalty stuck.

Edit.
Another bug.. When i founded Aeron's Bounty, in the little popup circle i didnt get the graphic.. just a bright pink circle.

For units with the marksmen promotion destroying equipment I changed it so that they would only target units with a base combat strength greater than 0 (since all equipment has 0 strength) and thus won't even attack it unless they can capture it. However this also means they won't attack workers if they're in the stack. Personally I don't mind it that way, but I could see others differing on that opinion.
Perhaps checking against the getEquipmentPromotion() for the unittype would be a better option?

Perhaps checking against the getEquipmentPromotion() for the unittype would be a better option?

Yes it would :) Didn't see that method, thanks. Changed
Code:
&& pLoopUnit->baseCombatStr()>0
to be
Code:
&& GC.getUnitInfo((UnitTypes)pLoopUnit->getUnitType()).getEquipmentPromotion() == NO_PROMOTION

There is a problem with the Blessings of Amathon setting. It will often generate maps without reagents or mithril due to resource overcrowding. Are you generating maps with Blessings of Amathon enabled?

If you choose map types that let you have "balanced resources" you will get reagents regardless of the number of players or the Blessings of Amathon.

There are a couple of ways to fix that I think. One is to make a new bonus class type for reagents (and maybe a few others). Right now the map generator doesn't like to place bonuses of the same class too close to each other (the distance they're allowed to be apart is the iUnique attribute in CIV4BonusClassInfos). So if there is a class with a lot of different types in it, some of the types may not get placed as other types in the class are already taking up spaces in the map. There are 8 bonus types in BONUSCLASS_RUSH with a range of 4, including reagents and the sheut stone. In comparison, GRAIN has 3 types with a range of 5, LIVESTOCK has 4 types with a range of 5, GENERAL has 20 types but it has a range of 0.

The other way is to halve the range limitation when the blessings option is enabled:

Code:
	// Make sure there are no bonuses of the same class (but a different type) nearby:

iRange = pClassInfo.getUniqueRange();

Add this after it:
Code:
	if (GC.getGameINLINE().isOption(GAMEOPTION_DOUBLE_BONUSES))
	{
	    iRange /= 2;
	}

in CvMapGenerator::canPlaceBonusAt

I recall hearing somewhere that Diseased Corpses aren't actually undead monsters used to transport pathogens, but are really servants of the Veil who have been magically infused with all sorts of diseases. They are called "Diseased Corpses" because they are unable to speak, nor to act on their own volition, so most people assume they're reanimated cadavers and never look close enough to see the expressions in their eyes.

...And now I can't find that in the 'pedia. I thought I read that from somewhere, though.

Thanks for the reply but if this is the case why do the Diseased Corpses have the undead promotion? I know that my vampires while diseased don't suffer from the -30% penalty.

Known Issues:
1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod.

I have been getting that error. But I have it installed where it should be Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods and that is also where the other BTS mods are located and they all work fine. I have the latest patch (h) and the media pack installed. But i am still getting this error. This is also the first time i have had problems with ffh and i have downloaded from gameflood fine in the past. Any ideas?

Here is the fix for the pirate coves being built too close (extends disallow range from 2 to 3, as documented and adds checks for harbors and ports):

Code:
def reqPirateCove(caster):
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if pPlot.isWater():
		return False
	if pPlot.area().getNumTiles() == 1:
		return False
	if pPlot.getNumUnits() > 1:
		return False
	if pPlot.isCity():
		return False
	if (pPlot.isOwned() and pPlot.getOwner() != caster.getOwner()):
		return False
	if pPlot.getImprovementType() != -1:
		return False
	iPirateCove = gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_PIRATE_COVE')
	iPirateCove2 = gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_PIRATE_HARBOR')
	iPirateCove3 = gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_PIRATE_PORT')
	iX = caster.getX()
	iY = caster.getY()
	for iiX in range(iX-3, iX+4, 1):
		for iiY in range(iY-3, iY+4, 1):
			pPlot = CyMap().plot(iiX,iiY)
			if pPlot.getImprovementType() == iPirateCove:
				return False
			if pPlot.getImprovementType() == iPirateCove2:
				return False
			if pPlot.getImprovementType() == iPirateCove3:
				return False
	return True

Known Issues:
1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod.

I have been getting that error. But I have it installed where it should be Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods and that is also where the other BTS mods are located and they all work fine. I have the latest patch (h) and the media pack installed. But i am still getting this error. This is also the first time i have had problems with ffh and i have downloaded from gameflood fine in the past. Any ideas?

You don't mention if you've downloaded previous 030 patches without problem.

The reason I mention this is that I had a very similar problem...With the same level of frustration :)

My original copy of Civ4 that I used to play 023 on was in a file: program files/firaxis games/Sid meier's civilization 4/Mods.

When I bought BTS, the only upgrade copy i could get was on a Civilization complete disc. I duly loaded the new version amd sort out ffh patch (patch C I think it was). When I tried to play I kept getting "failed to initialize primary theme" error. Even though I'd fully downloaded the whole FFH2 game not just patch C.

The problem turned out to be Civilization 4 complete (and posibly other versions) writes a completely different file for a fully functioning version (all versions) of civ4 but the path, in this case, is Program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4 COMPLETE/ beyond the sword/mods and then gives you a handy desktop icon pointing to it. All kael's patches point to the first path mentioned and not the latter, even now when I patch, I have to manually browse and reconfirm target path.

Don't know if this is true in your case but maybe in your firaxis games files you may find 2 copies of Civ4 (edit: and that you've downloaded the FFH2 game to the wrong path). Hope it helps as I'm not sure what's more frustrating.... not being able to play FFh2 or having to write huge long file path names :) Good luck

You don't mention if you've downloaded previous 030 patches without problem.

The reason I mention this is that I had a very similar problem...With the same level of frustration :)

My original copy of Civ4 that I used to play 023 on was in a file: program files/firaxis games/Sid meier's civilization 4/Mods.

When I bought BTS, the only upgrade copy i could get was on a Civilization complete disc. I duly loaded the new version amd sort out ffh patch (patch C I think it was). When I tried to play I kept getting "failed to initialize primary theme" error. Even though I'd fully downloaded the whole FFH2 game not just patch C.

The problem turned out to be Civilization 4 complete (and posibly other versions) writes a completely different file for a fully functioning version (all versions) of civ4 but the path, in this case, is Program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4 COMPLETE/ beyond the sword/mods and then gives you a handy desktop icon pointing to it. All kael's patches point to the first path mentioned and not the latter, even now when I patch, I have to manually browse and reconfirm target path.

Don't know if this is true in your case but maybe in your firaxis games files you may find 2 copies of Civ4 (edit: and that you've downloaded the FFH2 game to the wrong path). Hope it helps as I'm not sure what's more frustrating.... not being able to play FFh2 or having to write huge long file path names :) Good luck

Thanks but no i don't think thats it. I have don't have the COMPLETE set or anything so the path should be as it should. No, none of the 030 versions have worked.

in CvEventManager , line 1668 , 'UNIT_MACEMAN' doesn't exist anymore and give a C++ exception that cause a CTD when init the unit . Replaced with 'UNIT_CHAMPION' .

Tcho !

Patch H:
- when Hyborum died I lost the Fallow trait in addition to my other ones
- no farms were destroyed when I hit AC 40. The message popped up saying that they were, but my armies over in enemy territory saw no changes (I had no farms, so I cannot tell you if it affected me or not).
- All four horsemen and the Avatar of Wrath attacked me. I thought that they were supposed to be at peace with the Infernals?

Edit: Also, I cannot find the art/graphics bug thread, so I'll put this here too. The graphics for the Azer in the lower left hand corner (when you select them) is backwards. All you can see is the Azer's back, which looks like a blob of fire. I didn't realize that it was actually a cool looking eyeball until I zoomed in during combat.

here i've got a waiting for other civilizations...

didnt help to try with a save game from 10 turns earlier...

Attachments

• Sid AD-0192.CivBeyondSwordSave
    728.1 KB · Views: 45
An actual Great Engineer that often. Very wierd. Do you have a save if Kael needs it?
The engineers are because of the forge event. Happened in a couple of my games as well, but in others the event never even came up. Living world may be affecting it, as I haven't had the problem since I shut it off.
Meh. I got that too. :(
There's a great engineer being born on every turn now. I haven't found anything in this thread to solve this. I'd have an autosave for every turn if needed. And "living world" is switched on.

:help:, please!

Were baby spiders removed? I just finished a game(H) where I managed to capture 7 giant spiders. I sent them off marauding in enemy territory and by the end of the game(marathon, Pangaea) they each had at the least 150+ xp. And not one single baby spider.

Spiders won't spawn babies if they are Hidden Nationality. Just like Baron Duin Halfmoon won't spawn werewolves if he somehow becomes HN. Seems kind of bogus to me as half the usage of Giant Spiders is the HN thing, roaming and marauding in your "friend's" lands, but that's the way it is.

Have them cast "Declare Nationality" and go eat some barbarian orcs, like Shelob, they should eventually spawn a few babies. The harder time that I have had is keeping the babies alive and finding "food" for them to grow to become "Giant."

J

Playing as the Svaltar. I received an event saying that Faeryl appeared before me in the moonlight, etc... Considering that's me, I think the game might be a tad confused.

Playing as the Svaltar. I received an event saying that Faeryl appeared before me in the moonlight, etc... Considering that's me, I think the game might be a tad confused.

That happens regardless of which civ you play. It has happened to me with both the Calabim and Lanun in the last 2 games. It appears that whichever civ you play gives you a civ specific event for the same one you're playing, which I assume is a bug.

Also, the Calabim should not be getting the option to harbor refugees from their own city, and I haven't had it as another civ but I would certainly hope there would be a diplo penalty for it for civs that did so.

Spiders won't spawn babies if they are Hidden Nationality. Just like Baron Duin Halfmoon won't spawn werewolves if he somehow becomes HN. Seems kind of bogus to me as half the usage of Giant Spiders is the HN thing, roaming and marauding in your "friend's" lands, but that's the way it is.

Have them cast "Declare Nationality" and go eat some barbarian orcs, like Shelob, they should eventually spawn a few babies. The harder time that I have had is keeping the babies alive and finding "food" for them to grow to become "Giant."

J

Sigh, thanks. That may be a good thing to add to there civlopedia entry since I NEVER declare them.
Spoiler :
I Use them for resource denial most of the time by having them stand over a resource and kill incoming workers or if it's already worked then have a nightwatch destroy it in passing then have the spider hover around it. So this makes the baby thing pointless for me.

Was that a popup with her portrait in it? I remember once I got an event like that, except it was capria and I was playing as the amurites. My only guess is that it's an event for Falamar and if he's in the game and gets that event it shows the result to you for some reason.

Top Bottom