FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Eurabatres can't attack the horsemen because he's afraid of them. Last night I was rampaging across my enemies with Eurbatres and Severous, when the AC counter suddenly jumped up and the horsemen started appearing. I marched over to the city the first horseman had captures and although Eurabatres was around level 22, had 99.9% odds of winning, and just basically an uberhero he was too afraid to attack. I attempted to cast courage on him but it didn't work. Fortunantly Saverous could attack, and I wiped them out with him.

Also although incense seemed to work as a strategic resource, it didn't have it's happiness effect for pagen and overlord temples for my Kuriotates empire.

Heres my autosave right before the endless rotating globe waiting for the other computer players to move. I honestly doubt its a system problem, I have been playing on a standard world with 7 opponents for the last 2 patches and never had anything like this.

The infernals are running a capital with population 45, I thought it might be the problem, but dropping the population didn't help and they have had that many for a few turns previous.

athlon 64x2 2.2 gig
8800 GTS video
2 gigs cosair DDR800 ram

Sucks since I had a fantastic starting spot too. Nothing like staring on a patch of Floodplains with 2 special features nearby.
First time I have uploaded a file to this forum so I hope it works.
turn 317 always hits the bug.

Having the same spinning globe issue. I hit turn, but nothing happens. I can move around the map, I can even open menus, it just won't finish or start the NPC turns.

Was that a popup with her portrait in it? I remember once I got an event like that, except it was capria and I was playing as the amurites. My only guess is that it's an event for Falamar and if he's in the game and gets that event it shows the result to you for some reason.

That couldn't be it. It does look like what I'd expect from a Falamar-only event, but I got it with Capria (just shows the result) in a game as Beeri Bawl. The Lanun were in, but they were ruled by Hanah, not Falamar. Maybe the events somehow got rigged to appear for all Lanun, not just Falamar, but I checked the XML afterwards (because the event confused me a little), and there's a similar event for Hanah as well (perhaps an easter egg for custom Falamar vs Hanah games).

jernau and redskull2, thats the same error I've been getting so its probably not your systems.

- As the Svaltar I can build mines under forests (on hills). Is this supposed to be that way?
- My mistforms can pillage (while still hidden nationality). Is this correct? If it is it might be a little overpowered.

What is the team's take on Forts, Castles, and Citadels not being cities? This doesn't allow them to make resources accessible, which is driving the AI insane. I know the boats on land issue is a problem, but it doesn't seem worth rewriting the worker AI and nerfing forts/castles/citadels and the city garrison promotion.

Hi
In A recent game I had the following line of events that lead me to a tile with a farm + forrest on it without beeing an elven nation:
Start building a farm on a tile with forrest on it (not chopping directly) -> fire spread to that tile burning the forrest -> while the fire was still burning the farm finished (don't remember if I got hammers for it) -> fire went out an created burnt forrest that grew back to forrest.

I also noticed that workers can build mana-nodes... is that intended?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 94
The event "Travelling Enchanter" gave me an adept without enchantment I, and gave the enchantment I promotion to my axemen. If it also had given them Channeling it would have been awesome ;)

Don't know if this is reported earlier, but:

"Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_MORGOTH
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 47, in applyInitialItems

File "CvWBDesc", line 1697, in applyInitialItems

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyInitialItems failed, module CvWBInterface"

The source of my troubles.

jernau and redskull2, thats the same error I've been getting so its probably not your systems.

It looks like if you reload from an earlier Autosave it can work itself thought. I'm guessing its tied to a new event.

Don't know if this is reported earlier, but:

"Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_MORGOTH
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 47, in applyInitialItems

File "CvWBDesc", line 1697, in applyInitialItems

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyInitialItems failed, module CvWBInterface"

The source of my troubles.

Morgoth is the old name for Sandalphon. So that means you are attempting to run a scenario/worldbuilder save or something that was created before .30 most likely.

Playing on patch H.

Note that there are two Crowns of Ankarion (sorry about the spelling) in Evermore along with the one that I built in Golden Leane. There may even be more.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    391.8 KB · Views: 34
Hello,

I've been playing FFH2 for awhile now, (its awesome btw) and ever since I applied patch H my games seem to randomly crash quite often on any size of map and any point in the game. This seems to happen when its showing the computer's moves or when I am moving my units... (mostly when I'm revealing the map)

However, I say its random because i can load an autosave and make the same moves and have it not crash....but it will crash on a later turn. Also, when it crashes my screen just goes black and after awhile crashes to my desktop with that window asking to send an error report to microsoft. I tried modifying the civ4.ini to enable the python exception popups, but I still get nothing. =\

Does anyone have any suggestions other then reinstalling the whole mod with just the G patch?

Well, installing patch G by itself would probably be just as effective as reinstalling the main game first. I don't know what the real problem is though.

Playing on patch H.

My Trojan horse was push out of cultural borders when I declare war.

I can't do neither smuggler port or cheaper gambling house even if both undercouncil resolution passed.

I kept getting a CtD on my current game whenever I conquered Beeri's 2nd to last city, not his capital but his only other city, I tried on numerous different turns with different people. It always crashed. Only thing I thought it could be is that the city was on a copper resource? Some bug that has to do with that?

I was Balseraphs btw, and don't have a save game.

I finally got around it by leaving one of my raged werewolves on the island, he turned into a barb and conquered the city. I have yet to take the city off the barbs so not sure if I'll still have the problem,

Playing a game as the Sheaim, the turn is 299 and the AC is at 64 and the Pestilence event has never gone off, is there a range or a time frame after AC 40 or do I not need to worry about it anymore?

Hi i've been asking around about this problem but noone can REALLY help me out so i figured now that i've pin pointed the problem to this mod and i really really wanna play it i figure ill post my issue here.
Really simple, the game crashes whenever i have FFH2 installed to beyond the sword. and load the mod through that program. In fact once its installed to it i cant even play beyond the sword normally, that will crash also.
I saw an error report about it being a gamecoreDLL issue I THINK but im not a computer wiz so i dont know where to look etc.
Anyways im really excited to try this so the sooner i can get this working the better. THanks guys. I know my computer can run these games so its not a hardware issue. Evyerthing runs fine without FFH 2 installed.

Hello,

I've been playing FFH2 for awhile now, (its awesome btw) and ever since I applied patch H my games seem to randomly crash quite often on any size of map and any point in the game. This seems to happen when its showing the computer's moves or when I am moving my units... (mostly when I'm revealing the map)

However, I say its random because i can load an autosave and make the same moves and have it not crash....but it will crash on a later turn. Also, when it crashes my screen just goes black and after awhile crashes to my desktop with that window asking to send an error report to microsoft. I tried modifying the civ4.ini to enable the python exception popups, but I still get nothing. =\

Does anyone have any suggestions other then reinstalling the whole mod with just the G patch?

I am having the exact same problem, JJR. I am kicked out with that popup dialogue box. I start again, load my last save, and play with no problems for an unspecified number of turns...when it all happens again.

It is maddening.

I not only uninstalled and reinstalled, I went out a bought a new DVD copy of Complete Civ IV which includes Warlords and BtS. I made sure I got everything right as FFH2 uses different default directories for the mod, patches, etc.

I still have the problem. It cannot be saved and sent in either as when you go back, it is gone.

I never had this problem with .25 - only this version and it does seem to be after some of the more recent patches. :(

I'm having the same problem as well. My game played decently up to around turn 900. From turn 900 to about turn 925 it crashed almost every turn. AFter that it seems like it went back to being stable again. Here's a save maybe you can figure out what's going wrong.

Attachments

• korn469 AD-0903.CivBeyondSwordSave
    407 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom