playtest feedback

I had a chance to play a quick game last night. Unfortunately, it was 0.7 as I didn't realize that 0.8 would be out this quickly. Oh well ... from reading the change log in the other thread, I think these comments may still be pertinent.

I opted for a small map, random leaders, at monarch and normal speed. I had vision victory turned off, although I will try it again on the new version. It turned out to be quite an interesting little map. Evidently it was high sea level, because there was very little land to settle. With 2 close neighbors, I ended up with only 4 cities after the expansion phase. Most of the AI also had about 4 or 5 cities, although one AI on the other side of the map had 6 cities. Turned out to be a bit of a challenge ... quite enjoyable!

I had no oil nor munitions in my territory. Though I did have 1 armor and 3 silos. :D I ended up with more Nukes than Guided Missiles, which was a bummer since I actually wanted to keep the land in this game. I must say, the Nuke needs a re-base option. I really hated leaving them outside my city after they spawned. It also looked like Nukes weren't destroying terrain improvements. Is this normal behavior? I don't normally bother with ICBMs in the base game.

I drew the financial and charismatic Montezuma, who evidently is not in the 0.8 version. After playing financial, I really do think it is underpowered. Given the terrain modifications and the need for strong production and health (ie forests), you really don't build as many cottages as you would in a normal game. I actually went broke at one point during my first war. Fortunately, I had enough cash from taking cities to tide me over until I could whip Markets. The financial trait needs something else. Possibly another trade route or maybe some sort of trade route modifier. Conversely, I think charismatic is way overpowered in relation to the other traits. Those 3 free happy faces (trait, Monument, Tower), combined with lower xp, make it a super strong trait. I think you should consider removing 1 of the happy faces. Probably from the Broadcast Tower, as that is normally a late game tech in the base game. Or give the happy face from the building to everybody.

I noted a problem from my last game with the size of the AI cities. Below is a screenshot from 200 turns into this game. You can compare my cities to those of the AI. My smallest city was size 9 IIRC.

Here is the demographics from that same turn:

I've got over 5x the pop of my closest rival. Population is raw power -- in the base game, as well as this mod. The AI just cannot compete effectively with these small cities.

I also came across this little gem of a barb: :eek:

I opted to let the AI capture that city! :p Hero units really shouldn't be allowed to be barbs IMHO. I would later spawn my own Tankbuster, and frankly I ended up being disappointed. The unit really does not live up to its name, as it is still weaker than the Tanks even after its 200% armor bonus. Maybe upping its base strength as you did with the 0.8 Utility Vehicles would do the trick?

Nor for a few comments after reading the 0.8 change log:

+ When refueling a stack including empty units, some of the units might be skipped.
+ When several units were refueled, their refuel turn counters were not set to the same values.

I noticed this behavior last night. At first I thought I was nuts! Glad to see it is already fixed! :goodjob:

+ Great protector no longer lightbulbs technologies but can build a Rangers Guild.

What's a Rangers Guild?

+ Flamethrower becomes anti-infantry (guardian counter) since we already have AT infantry as vehicle counter.

I'm not sure that I agree with this change. I understand why folks were clamoring for it, though. But the Anti-Tank unit is available from the expensive Heavy Weapons tech. Whereas the Flamethrower is made available at the cheaper Refining Tech, the same tech that enables the Jeeps that it would counter.

The problem I had in my game was that I had neither oil nor munitions. Thus I couldn't build either unit! :ack: Neither of my neighbors had munitions, but they both had oil. I eventually had plenty of Flamethrowers after my first war. I get the impression that oil is a much more plentiful resource than munitions. If that is the case, this change could seriously impact the balance of the game's combat system.

I look forward to giving 0.8 a try! Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

The barb tankbuster is funny.
I am not sure however, if i concur with "Hero units really shouldn't be allowed to be barbs". Maybe barbs shouldn't pop the same heroes as Civs, but i definitely do like the idea of "Great Barbarians".
Many heroes of the human history were in fact barbs :lol:

Rangers guild is a Great Person unique building that will boost Safety.
(Tho 25% is not a lot. Or is it 25% empirewide ?)
Overall i think the new safety buildings might be enought to make Vision victory actually do-able - i will give it a try.

On Flamethrower - i think it makes sense flamers beeing more useful against infantry than against Tanks.

The balance of resources is something that is hard to judge from a few games - due to the random nature of the maps. I had a feeling the maps are overfull with Gold in my first game. In my second i seen none at all :lol:

Have you ever thought of making the "Zombie Mod" version of this? Maybe a flag in the beginning of a custom game "Zombies On/OFF"

I ask because you pointed me to the Necro Christi game, which is a good mod, but the world starts empty and not ruined like your version. I think Fury Road with zombies would be a lot of fun.

Have you ever thought of making the "Zombie Mod" version of this? Maybe a flag in the beginning of a custom game "Zombies On/OFF"

I ask because you pointed me to the Necro Christi game, which is a good mod, but the world starts empty and not ruined like your version. I think Fury Road with zombies would be a lot of fun.

I've seen your comments on the NecroCristi thread. I had a big advantage, compared to the NecroCristi team, since I am a programmer. Creating the mapscript, which puts ruins and highways on the map, really adds a lot to the post-apocalypse feel of Fury Road.

Thematically, I think NecroCristi should focus on zombies, and Fury Road shouldn't. However, I may discuss with them about creating a variant mapscript for NecroCristi. The hard part is highways; I wanted to focus on a single continent, which has the side benefit that I don't have to worry about ocean when routing highways.

The hard part is highways; I wanted to focus on a single continent, which has the side benefit that I don't have to worry about ocean when routing highways.

I don't see this as a problem. In my opinion, once humanity gets going, the zombies are toast. I mean, apparently no one in the book WW-Z ever though of a tank mounted mine-flail that was developed back during WW-II and there are many modern equivalents. Not much zombies can do against that or even just mine-rollers.

Anyway, the small scale and the smaller unit scale, I think makes a one continent mod work well. Plus, it would help with the naval end since you'd be relegated to small, mostly coastal boats that would be easily made, but nothing large.

Besides, one could also make 'historical' scenarios using a lot of the custom-made maps of different parts of the world.

Ah, would that I was a programmer, but my last programming language was probably BASIC and that is about it. =[

I had no oil nor munitions in my territory.

I am curious to know whether you had *access* to these, and just didn't choose to develop towards them, or whether you were actually cut off by other civs. There should definitely be enough oil and munitions for each player to have access. If not, I should tune the mapscript.

I ended up with more Nukes than Guided Missiles, which was a bummer since I actually wanted to keep the land in this game. I must say, the Nuke needs a re-base option. I really hated leaving them outside my city after they spawned. It also looked like Nukes weren't destroying terrain improvements. Is this normal behavior? I don't normally bother with ICBMs in the base game.

I am surprised that you had a lot of ICBM: silo spawns are 2/3 cruise missiles, 1/6 tacnuke, and 1/6 ICBM. Of course it is random. Nukes have a certain percent chance to add fallout into each nearby plot. I lowered the percent chance; but if fallout appears in a plot, then all of its improvements and such should be removed. If you have a counterexample, please let me know.

As far as I know, cruise missiles and tacnukes always have a rebase button. Did you find otherwise? I had some thoughts about rebasing nukes in this thread. If you had to use a truck to rebase, would that have made it more fun or more painful?

After playing financial, I really do think it is underpowered. Given the terrain modifications and the need for strong production and health (ie forests), you really don't build as many cottages as you would in a normal game. I actually went broke at one point during my first war.

I am not sure if that is a play balance problem or a strategy problem. If you had built more cottages, you would not have run out of money. I had that problem in early games too. I was used to cities in the 10-15 pop range so I struggled to get them that large. Now I consider a post-apocalypse city of 5-7 population to be pretty good.

Conversely, I think charismatic is way overpowered in relation to the other traits.

I have gotten a few comments about making the traits more balanced. Part of it is hard to tell without playtesting, so this comment is very helpful. Part of the problem also is that some of the trait benefits do not show up today in the civilopedia. For example, industrious gets 2x the chance to find units in the ruins. But since I did this in python, there is no XML tag that the civilopedia can see. I have to figure out how to get the game to show these benefits.

I noted a problem from my last game with the size of the AI cities. Below is a screenshot from 200 turns into this game. You can compare my cities to those of the AI. My smallest city was size 9 IIRC. [...] I've got over 5x the pop of my closest rival. Population is raw power -- in the base game, as well as this mod. The AI just cannot compete effectively with these small cities.

OK, I will bump up the priority on my project to understand how AI workers decide what to do. I am sure there must be weights to affect this specifically. In order to make sure I am improving, I will need to write a statistics routine and run on the same game before and after changing the weights; otherwise random factors may swamp the results.

I also came across this little gem of a barb [...] I would later spawn my own Tankbuster, and frankly I ended up being disappointed. The unit really does not live up to its name, as it is still weaker than the Tanks even after its 200% armor bonus.

It is unusual, but not impossible for these hero units to be barbarians. I am not sure if I should remove this possibility or not, I think I will leave it for now. Hero units spawn randomly in owned ruins plots. In this case, the barbs had conquered a city and thus "inherited" ownership of the ruins plots.

Thanks for the feedback about the strength of this particular hero. One other player popped a Great General on the hero unit, and got something that probably *is* way overstrength. I need to investigate how to make these units start out as their real level, which is level 6, so adding a GG doesn't give them *another* six promotions. Maybe I will increase the strength also. Since the ute gets terrain and fortification bonuses, he can probably defend against a tank fine, but maybe not attack.

Ok i just had a really terrible game.
None of it was the Mod's fault.
Just had INCREADIBLE bad RNG luck - i would start a "RNG is Cheating"-thread, if i did not know otherwise.

I hope my comments are not to biased...

First of all - the new city names really add a lot to the atmosphere. :goodjob:
Also the custom flag - only one as of now - helps a lot in breaking the link to the Vanilla civ.
I played new Republicans having custom cities but Americas flag - i had to look up it was New Republicans right now, while writing the post, because i had "America" in mind.
I was really jealous on the New Australia guy.

-----

On maps.
I am not sure what the changes were, but my feeling was you "improved" the map generator to the worse.
Might be just part of my bad RNG luck.
Anyway... You asked at some point for a example of a location that does suck. Well... here is one. And this one was the best out of 4 re-generated starts.

There is another small issue - not visible here, but i seen it while regenerating:
When you add the food ressouce, it sometimes will be added on top of forest. Not a big deal, but Wheat in a forest looks a bit odd.

-----

How many Survivors do you need to take down a tank ? Well, you don't really want to know :rolleyes:
Around turn 75 the New Australia guy came demandig tribute. I said: "WTF ?! :mad: Go away !".
He declared on me and came back with Tank Gal.
He took a city vs. a Crossbow only got minimal damage in process... then i dogpiled on him with all i had. Eventually took him down, but it wasn't really fun.

Maybe powerful hero units should not pop before the tech to get they regular counterpart is researched (The Rebuilt Depot tech).

-----

I have gotten a few comments about making the traits more balanced. Part of it is hard to tell without playtesting, so this comment is very helpful.
Overall tweaking traits is something that probaly is better approached on a whole (Designing the complete trait set, rather than bumbling on individual traits.)

OK, I will bump up the priority on my project to understand how AI workers decide what to do. I am sure there must be weights to affect this specifically. In order to make sure I am improving, I will need to write a statistics routine and run on the same game before and after changing the weights; otherwise random factors may swamp the results.
There is a tag in the LeaderheadInfos.XML called "ImprovementWeightModifier" that should make that leader favour a certain improvement - it works similar to other "Flavour" tags - adding some weight to the decision, without really forcing it. Might be a good place to start. You will need to take a look at some vanilla leaders to get a idea of the magnitude of those weights...

It is unusual, but not impossible for these hero units to be barbarians. I am not sure if I should remove this possibility or not, I think I will leave it for now.
I think it should stay for now. At some point maybe dedicated Barbarian heroes could be fun. But for now i think it is ok as it is.

Thanks for the feedback about the strength of this particular hero. One other player popped a Great General on the hero unit, and got something that probably *is* way overstrength. I need to investigate how to make these units start out as their real level, which is level 6, so adding a GG doesn't give them *another* six promotions. Maybe I will increase the strength also. Since the ute gets terrain and fortification bonuses, he can probably defend against a tank fine, but maybe not attack.
However making that hero impossible (virtually - you would need a ton of XP) to gain promotions would make him a lot less fun.

I will play another game on weekend, hoping for better luck ;)

I am not sure what the changes were, but my feeling was you "improved" the map generator to the worse. [...] Anyway... You asked at some point for a example of a location that does suck. Well... here is one. And this one was the best out of 4 re-generated starts. [...] When you add the food ressouce, it sometimes will be added on top of forest. Not a big deal, but Wheat in a forest looks a bit odd.

The exact change is listed in the release note: if a starting location has less than 4 bonus food, add a food resource. In this case, I am guessing that the wheat you see there was added this way. You can imagine how bad the original position would have been. This position shows that adding one bonus food may not be enough. In this case I think a second food bonus would have made it an OK position: you would be able to expand fast enough to get a settler to a better spot. At least there is a ton of fresh water for farms. To prevent this, I will make sure one food bonus is enough or add a second, and also remove forest/jungle when adding them. Did you really see a number of start locations even worse?

He declared on me and came back with Tank Gal. [...] Maybe powerful hero units should not pop before the tech to get they regular counterpart is researched (The Rebuilt Depot tech).

Tank Gal is new in this release. She has the highest strength of any hero. Tankbuster is the second highest in the right terrain. Maybe these are too strong. I could remove Tank Gal from the possible spawn list until the barb player has Heavy Weapons. I am pretty sure the barb player gets each tech after a few players have it. That would at least prevent her spawning early. It wouldn't solve the similar problem for Tankbuster since combustion usually comes pretty early. I'll have to think more about that.

The exact change is listed in the release note: if a starting location has less than 4 bonus food, add a food resource. In this case, I am guessing that the wheat you see there was added this way.[...]Did you really see a number of start locations even worse?
Yep.
The one that probably took the cake was - similar to this but coastal - 2 desert, 7 or 8 plains (a few of them hill), nothing green, rest more or less useless water tiles and a fish ressource as food.
And to make it worse - a second fish unworkable just ourside the BFC. I guess it the way the RNG says ":p"

Another two were more or less on pair with the one in the picture.

But since you did not changed nothing but ressource, and in my previous games i never felt the starts would suck that bad...
I guess it was part of my bad RNG karma today :lol:

Tank Gal is new in this release. She has the highest strength of any hero. Tankbuster is the second highest in the right terrain. Maybe these are too strong. I could remove Tank Gal from the possible spawn list until the barb player has Heavy Weapons. I am pretty sure the barb player gets each tech after a few players have it. That would at least prevent her spawning early. It wouldn't solve the similar problem for Tankbuster since combustion usually comes pretty early. I'll have to think more about that.
I was thinking only to check if the player who would get Tank Gal has Heavy Weapons might be enought.
I wouldnt wan't those heroes to be too rare because of balance issue.

-----

Another note. Charlemagne Mod has a unit that is in some respect similar to the Fuel truck. A supply train - it is the only unit in the mod that has MEDIC promotions. So the idea is - it should accompany a offensive stack to provide healing.

I did not play the mod long enought to see how good the AI is using it. But maybe someone else know...

I checked - Charlemagne has no SDK changes, i also found no Python on Supply trains AI (Other than building it)
Tha unit has UNITAI_COUNTER...

But since you did not changed nothing but ressource, and in my previous games i never felt the starts would suck that bad...

For all of these bad starts, is it enough to add a second food bonus? Or is that not sufficient / not the right solution?

Another note. Charlemagne Mod has a unit that is in some respect similar to the Fuel truck. [...] I checked - Charlemagne has no SDK changes, i also found no Python on Supply trains AI (Other than building it) Tha unit has UNITAI_COUNTER...

It seems nobody knows exactly what UNITAI_COUNTER does; this link is the best I could find but it isn't really specific. As you can see the fuel truck currently has CITY_DEFENSE which is why we see big stacks of them in AI cities. I only dispatch one if there is a unit out of gas. I can try COUNTER instead, maybe that will fool the AI into bringing them along when it sends out attack stacks.

For all of these bad starts, is it enough to add a second food bonus? Or is that not sufficient / not the right solution?
I am not sure. A second food will sure help.

But overall this "Bad Start Issue" is very hard to pinpoint - besides the randomnes of the map, also player being in different mood might affect what he will concider a "Athmospheric Post Apo Location" and waht will be "Unbearable Bad Start".

It seems nobody knows exactly what UNITAI_COUNTER does; this link is the best I could find but it isn't really specific.
Oh i see. I will try to change this locally in my game and look how it works out.

I will be interested in feedback about UNITAI_COUNTER. I am afraid it will make the gas truck equally likely to stack with a cavalry or a jeep, which is still not quite right. I am starting to think out an actual AI "algorithm" for this. Maybe a certain percentage of fuel trucks should be assigned to "tag along" with a certain percentage of gas-related stacks. But if I have to recompute the tagging along every turn, it will be time-consuming.

Maybe barbs shouldn't pop the same heroes as Civs, but i definitely do like the idea of "Great Barbarians".
Many heroes of the human history were in fact barbs :lol:
:hmm: You have a point there ...

I am curious to know whether you had *access* to these, ... If not, I should tune the mapscript.
I had no oil or munitions. Neither of my neighbors had munitions either, but they both had oil. Frankly, I'd vote to not change the script. It made for an interesting and enjoyable game. :goodjob: I've no complaints ...

I am surprised that you had a lot of ICBM: silo spawns are 2/3 cruise missiles, 1/6 tacnuke, and 1/6 ICBM.
Luck of the RNG, I guess ... I probably had about 2/3 ICBM to 1/3 Cruise Missile. Again, I wouldn't change anything ...

As far as I know, cruise missiles and tacnukes always have a rebase button. Did you find otherwise?
Never knew there was a tacnuke unit until now. :undecide: The missiles definitely had one. It would be nice if the ICBM had one, as well. Or if they automatically moved to the closest city on the following turn. But hardly a game-breaker either way ...

If you had to use a truck to rebase, would that have made it more fun or more painful?
Sounds like a pain TBH. Unless the silo were surrounded by a bunch of fallout tiles (ie barb animals), I doubt that I would use it ...

I am not sure if that is a play balance problem or a strategy problem. If you had built more cottages, you would not have run out of money.
I didn't run out of money because I was financial. I ran out of money because I wasn't paying attention in the middle of a war. Those tiny AI cities come out of revolt pretty quickly. And continuing to crank out units that I really didn't need ... Well, I was losing money at 0%. Fortunately I had a bit of cash on hand from capturing those cities. :) But that would/could happen on any game, any mod, or not.

No, the point I was trying to make was that financial has very little impact in this mod. Especially when compared to traits such as aggressive or charismatic. There just isn't that much commerce in this game. And frankly, what with the shorter tech tree, more commerce really isn't needed! In fact, it may be better to just replace financial with a different trait, rather than trying to fix it? :dunno:

For example, industrious gets 2x the chance to find units in the ruins.
Yeah, I saw that one in the change log. I'm looking forward to giving industrious a try!

I was really jealous on the New Australia guy.
Agreed! That Aussie flag is really nice! :thumbsup:

Never knew there was a tacnuke unit until now. :undecide: The missiles definitely had [a rebase button]. It would be nice if the ICBM had one, as well. Or if they automatically moved to the closest city on the following turn.

I don't quite follow. Cruise missiles and tacnukes have a range, so they have to be rebased to be useful offensively, and they have a rebase button. The ICBM has an infinite range, so there is no reason to rebase it. I guess the ICBM is supposed to reflect something that gets launched out of a huge silo built in the ground, so it would be hard to rebase. How would you use a rebase-able ICBM differently?

I didn't run out of money because I was financial. I ran out of money because I wasn't paying attention in the middle of a war. [...] No, the point I was trying to make was that financial has very little impact in this mod. Especially when compared to traits such as aggressive or charismatic. There just isn't that much commerce in this game.

I have found that financial is pretty effective, as long as I remember to build cottages early instead of food. I top out my cities around pop 7 and I have a pretty good gold income by the midgame. This still doesn't guarantee me a win, but Fin/* guys seem to have a much better gold position which enables faster expansion. My point was that you might not have seen this effect, because you built more farms than cottages.

One guideline I have from software testing experience is that if some people feel a particular thing is too strong and others feel the same thing is too weak, then probably it is about right. But if everybody feels it is too strong, then it is probably too strong. So far I am getting both "too strong" and "too weak" feedback on financial, so I think I will leave it as-is for now. However, if you have suggestions for different traits in addition/instead of financial, I would love to hear more.

How would you use a rebase-able ICBM differently?
I'd put them in a city where they have some defense. :D In the base game, your ICBMs are in your cities where they are built. Rebasing them in this mod isn't that big of a deal really, just one of those "nice to have" sort of things. It can sometimes be a pain to remember to station some troops on your silos and to periodically check their health if there happen to be some barbs spawning in the area.

I normally station some troops near the fallout areas, anyway. I let the barbs pound on them until they reach 10xp before cycling them out. So putting some on the silos as well isn't that big of a deal.

I think protecting your Nukes from Barbs on depots is more realistic and more in the spirit of the mod, than rebasing them :lol:

I'd put [ICBMs] in a city where they have some defense. :D [...] It can sometimes be a pain to remember to station some troops on your silos and to periodically check their health if there happen to be some barbs spawning in the area.

"A pain to remember"? I once had a barb take over my silo, spawn an ICBM there the next turn, and nuke my capital city with it. I still have nightmares about that. It is highly critical to defend your rebuilt ruins, regardless of type. Even if you own the territory, a unit which spawns there belongs to any player who has units stationed on it. I wish tacnukes and cruise missiles didn't automatically rebase, it makes silos *slightly* less critical to defend.

"A pain to remember"? I once had a barb take over my silo, spawn an ICBM there the next turn, and nuke my capital city with it.
:rotfl:
I wasn't aware that could happen ... I guess you would remember something like that! Anyway, thanks for the tip!

I wish tacnukes and cruise missiles didn't automatically rebase, it makes silos *slightly* less critical to defend.
If you want to stop it from happening, take a look at the fort improvement. They can be based in forts, so there is something in the XML that allows it. If the silo had that same attribute set, I doubt they would automatically rebase.

I should be more clear. If cruise missiles/tacnukes don't rebase, they are useless offensively due to low range. So tagging silos with ActsLikeFort does not help. Automatic rebasing seems too easy. That is why I was thinking of the truck approach. Nobody else likes this, so I will just leave the automatic rebasing for these units.

I played a game. Lost a Vision Victory :cry:
Unfortunately i have to say, the new decay machenic makes preventing vision victory a lot harder under certain conditions, because "Counter Spread" does not work...

I do like the idea of Vision decay, but thecurrent implementation has a few problems:
1) Too fast (You said 5% chance i think - its a expectation of a Vision decaying after 10 turns.)
2) Holy Cities do Decay :crazyeye:
3) Because of the decay, once a AI is in a State Vision converting it is very hard, and it converting itself (by spreading a own vison is utterly impossible, as the AI is aunaware of the decay, and because of 2)
4) The Vision founding times are still very uneven, making the above points more harmfull (Scenario: Stevie founds Open Road, while already in Alpha. Open Roads decays after ~10 turns in her holy having no impact at all on the game.)

-----

For a bit more insight a brief chronic of the game:
Monarch, Standard Map, 9 AI.

I started on a BIG peninsula (had space for 7 cities) cut off by a long land Brigde and Mick on it from the rest of the world.

Max founded the first vision (Alpha). I founded my (BoS) some turns later.
A bit later i was able to get rid of Mick, so i gainded access to the rest of the continent. By the time i met the others 5 of the 8 were in Alpha Copmlex already. I got OB with Max and one other. Send some Advocates, trying to counter spread, but my Vision decayed too fast, so i was unable to convert nor to water down Alpha complex enought to keep it down.

I almost averted Vision Loss by just getting my own pop big enought but was a bit too slow (I had 23% world pop at the time i lost... 26% would have been enought :cry:)

But every foreighn measure i tried was furtile. Due to long distance to most other civs and the fast decay, i wasn't able to get noticeable influence there (Let alone that some did not even open boarders to me, because i was in different faith).

This is not all due to mechanic - my remote and isolated position was unfortunte.

A really bad thing is the Holy City decay.
At some point two other AI founded visions of they own. But since they were in Alpha Complex state vision already, they holy cities just decayed (quite fast...), so they did not feel compelled (nor had the means) to spread they own faith.

As it is now the founder of the first vison gets even bigger head-start, than without decay.

-----

Some Vision-UNrelated notes.

I think the AI was doing a bit better population wise (i played with the High Farm Weight XML - a bit more on this in the Dev Feedback thread, as the discussion is located there).
In previous games i had a lot higher part in the worlds population than 23%.

Gave Fuel Trucks the COUNTER AI. I think i like it more than DEFENSE.

The AI did put 2 Trucks (not all they had) in bigger offensive stacks.
Single Gas powered units still were moving out on they own and had to wait for a truck once they run out, but at least the Attacking stacks had some supply.

There was of course - not unexpected - some :smoke: as well - the AI did put 2 trucks in offensive stack not having gas powered units as well :lol:

Overall i think it is not too bad - Offensive stacks get some supply on they way, the AI does not send all the Trucks it has with a single stack, so it also keeps some in reserve.

Maybe with some tweaking to your current "Forced Move" routine, you could tweak it to be good enought - maybe if you pull Trucks out of stacks that do not need them, and send them back home. I am not sure, but i think once the stack is on the move, the AI will not send a Truck to chase it.

-----

Also i stumbled upon a map glitch. I think it might be a result of some of the "postwork" - like removing coastal peaks maybe. It's been a while since i looked into map scripts so i don't remember the details, but i think some flag-configuration when calling setPlotType should cause the grafics in the surrounding area to be re-adjusted to fit the change.

Top Bottom