Bug Reports

BobTheTerrible

Just Another Bob
I found a small bug today while playing, and I figured since I didn't see a bug reports thread in this subforum, I might as well be the one to start it.

My bug is a small one - Corn on a desert tile that isn't showing up. I don't think corn is supposed to grow in deserts in the first place, but at any rate the graphic doesn't show up on the map. The screenshot edited out my cursor but it is hovering over the desert tile with the worker on it. It has a corn resource on it even though it's not visible and also it lets me build a farm on it. I didn't even realize there was anything there or I would have improved the tile earlier (my capitol needs all the food it can get). By the way, awesome job on the mod in general!

Spoiler :

Interesting. I'd like to add that I'm seeing Corn appear as a resource in the old world in high earth likelihood maps. Now I haven't played with an ancient start, so its possible that it has migrated over, but I am seeing it before contact with the new world. Anyone else see this happening?

Perhaps somewhat related, I found a resource placement bug. I've seen cows, wheat, etc. placed on peaks, which isn't quite useful. I've attached a SS of a Germany start featuring 2 such mountain cows. I can probably come up with more if needed though.

Attachments

• mountain_cows.jpg
    mountain_cows.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 230
Perhaps somewhat related, I found a resource placement bug. I've seen cows, wheat, etc. placed on peaks, which isn't quite useful. I've attached a SS of a Germany start featuring 2 such mountain cows. I can probably come up with more if needed though.

Come to think of it. I don't think I've ever seen ivory on a desert hill before (you can see that in my original screenshot, 2 tiles above my capitol).

I don't know what this is about, but Hammurabi has just asked me for Polytheism for 4 or 5 consecutive turns.....

Same with me with Cyrus.

Also, Ramesses has some kind of trading bug, I cannot select or unselect any of my techs when trading with him, and only with him. The only thing that works is to ask him what he wants.

Come to think of it. I don't think I've ever seen ivory on a desert hill before (you can see that in my original screenshot, 2 tiles above my capitol).

in RFC Ivory can be in the desert.
However I found silk and spices in the desert :D. Flood plains on hills, corn on hills, much corn in the old world with the medium likelihood map.

I too have seen the holy cow (can't be eaten, must be divine).:lol:

I also have a bug where I can't ask for money from friendly civs.

Another bug (?): Maya starts with only 1 settler now.

Another bug (?): Egypt doesn't start with HR and slavery enabled.

I don't know what this is about, but Hammurabi has just asked me for Polytheism for 4 or 5 consecutive turns.....

Now that you mention it, in my English victory, I had a lot of civs asking me for stuff, and I had the Greeks ask me to adopt Christianity for a good 50 turns straight. They never got any negatives to their reactions either. After I adopted Free Religion, they started asking for other stuff, like to stop trading or to declare war on people.

I also cannot give gold to civilizations.

This may not be technically a bug, but it is probably worth mentioning. As I explored the world on my English game, I saw massive stacks of barbarians constrained in little islands in what was probably supposed to represent the Indonesian archipelago. 5-10 horse archers just sitting there with nothing to attack. At best they prevented certain colonization efforts, at worst they didn't interfere with other civs when they were supposed to.

And they probably slowed down the game a bit.

AI Mongolia started the game with 1/3 UHVs completed.

And I know he didn't do anything yet... How? Cause I was China. ;)

I just started a Japanese game, but I noticed the autoplay turns aren't being taken. After hitting escape, I got a message that I have been defeated and got kicked out to the replay.

Here is the autosave for the start of the game.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Stone Age Turn 0.CivBeyondSwordSave
    79.6 KB · Views: 67
Just an update, but it happened with Turkey too. This time I switched to them and they had 1/3 UHVs completed upon their spawn. The UHV they had completed was "Control a civ of your choice" I wonder if the "bug" is that the game is recognizing Turkey as one of those civs!

In my game with Germany I get that with Asoka. He asks for something every turn. First few turns he wanted Civil Service, then Guilds, now he keeps asking me to cancel my deals with the Romans. Despite refusing him, I don't get any negative diplomatic points.

In my game with Germany I get that with Asoka. He asks for something every turn. First few turns he wanted Civil Service, then Guilds, now he keeps asking me to cancel my deals with the Romans. Despite refusing him, I don't get any negative diplomatic points.

I think if you give into his requests you still get no positive points, and they continue to pester you about new stuff. There seem to be other civs that ask for stuff and only do it occasionally, but you do get positives or negatives depending on your choice.

The game constantly crushes next turn.

(Althrough the save uses the "Rhye's and Fall RANDmy" mod, it is just "Rhye's and Fall RAND" with a few stability tweaks. So to test it, you'll just have to temporarily rename the "Rhye's and Fall RAND" folder to "Rhye's and Fall RANDmy". And Python tweaks shouldn't crush the game that way, I think, esp. as everything was working fine before the crush).

Now that you mention it, in my English victory, I had a lot of civs asking me for stuff, and I had the Greeks ask me to adopt Christianity for a good 50 turns straight. They never got any negatives to their reactions either. After I adopted Free Religion, they started asking for other stuff, like to stop trading or to declare war on people.

I also cannot give gold to civilizations.

Wow you must have a lot of patience..I have the Vikings pestering me about Divine Right and England asking me to convert to Christianity every single turn.

Every single turn, Mali wants a tech from me. No bonus is given if I accept, no penalty is given if I reject(well, after about 10 conscutive turns of requesting Civil Service, relations jumped back from Pleased to Cautious, but still no penalty was showing).

Top Bottom