Bug Reports

The game constantly crushes next turn.

(Althrough the save uses the "Rhye's and Fall RANDmy" mod, it is just "Rhye's and Fall RAND" with a few stability tweaks. So to test it, you'll just have to temporarily rename the "Rhye's and Fall RAND" folder to "Rhye's and Fall RANDmy". And Python tweaks shouldn't crush the game that way, I think, esp. as everything was working fine before the crush).

Here is the save:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=184180&stc=1&d=1217328044

no crash experienced

no crash experienced

Strange. I'll restart it right now...

EDIT: Works OK. Don't know what was the matter previously. Maybe it was bad phase of the Moon.

I'll put this under bugs because even if not a proper bug, I still think it needs addressing. In normal RFC, although the huge map, I would get quests scaled with RFC civs expansion standards, for example build 7 libraries, which is typical of standard maps in vanilla Civ4. Instead in RFC RAND, I got 2 quests, to build 14 libraries and 14 harbors. Needless to say I'm not even dreaming to complete them (unless I was playing Germany ^^) ...

For me it was 17 libraries after only 2 cities founded as the Chinese. They were not THAT literary.:lol:

I have several CTD bugs (usually after capturing a city or founding a city) which don't recur after I reload the game. Not related to mercenaries.

And, of course, you must build 31 libraries on the largest map setting.

actually those 14 (or 17 ?) were on the largest map (huge).

Hi,

I ran a couple of test games and experienced the following:

(1) When playing as Arabia, I started next to Rome and Greece, and after I conquered 2 Greek and 1 Roman cities my first UHV condition was fulfilled (control 3 civs). I don't know what "control" exactly means now in the UHV, but maybe the script mistakenly checks for the number of cities?

(2) In one game, when playing as China, settlers were ridiculously cheap - only 39 hammers, that's about 2/3 of a worker. In the next game with China, the cost was back to normal.

AI Mongolia started the game with 1/3 UHVs completed.

I had this too. Same thing happened to Vikings and Maya.

It was wrong, so I had to kill them.

Every single turn, Mali wants a tech from me. No bonus is given if I accept, no penalty is given if I reject(well, after about 10 conscutive turns of requesting Civil Service, relations jumped back from Pleased to Cautious, but still no penalty was showing).

This also happened to me, first with Mongolia and then with Inca. It seems they stay pleased provided you help them once, until it would naturally wear off.

Hi,
(2) In one game, when playing as China, settlers were ridiculously cheap - only 39 hammers, that's about 2/3 of a worker. In the next game with China, the cost was back to normal.
I've seen this once or twice with Babelonia. Too bad, Babelonia usually doesn't need that cheap settlers...

Too many corns everywhere...
And repetitive demands are annoying.

Other than that, though, great development. I am abandoning normal CIV 4.

I repeat the "less deserts, more food" requests (repeatment is the mother of learning) and, btw, grassland and jungles directly bordering deserts are aestethically not nice. And I've seen Corn in Old Word in High Earth likeness, Large map.

Probably not a bug, or if so very minor even for me, I just found out it mildly amusing how the AI knew who my "Worst Enemy" was! In fact, it was right...but only cause Hannibal keeps on asking me for my advanced techs as Arabia relentlessly every single turn.

Attachments

• Worst Enemy.JPG
    Worst Enemy.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 110
I have also seen lots of corn in the old world in high likeliness.

AAIF dbss

Camel archers require no horse. This is true since Vanilla civ. And of course you need not complain; otherwise Saladin's military has no chance whatsoever.

In my game with Germany I get that with Asoka. He asks for something every turn. First few turns he wanted Civil Service, then Guilds, now he keeps asking me to cancel my deals with the Romans. Despite refusing him, I don't get any negative diplomatic points.

I've seen this bug too, with Asoka asking for different techs over and over, until India collapsed. And he did continue asking for other things after I first gave him a tech.

Also, Ramesses has some kind of trading bug, I cannot select or unselect any of my techs when trading with him, and only with him. The only thing that works is to ask him what he wants.

And this one too.

About the deserts, yes, there's a lot of them on the game, but i like it. It is more realistic. Perhaps a good tweak would be to increase the likelihood of having flood plains along the rivers? Or allowing farms to be built on flood plains?

Anyway, the bugs are actually few for so many changes on the mod. This is how civ4 should have been!

I repeat the "less deserts, more food" requests (repeatment is the mother of learning) and, btw, grassland and jungles directly bordering deserts are aestethically not nice. And I've seen Corn in Old Word in High Earth likeness, Large map.

I'm not certain on this, but it looks as if, from a few maps generated, two of Corn, Wheat and Rice will always appear in the Old World only while one will appear in the New World only, but which ones are where seems to be random.

I also noticed that everyone is initially at peace with Natives. Is this intended?

uh ? None is at peace with them in my games O_o

Top Bottom