Bug Reports

ok some1 help me ive been dieing to play rand

ok so i follow all instructions i load rand and i click play now --> rhyes rand map --> choose my settings --> choose civ --> it gets to the loading screen with the map in the background loads half way and then crashes. i have no clue y

i have bts 3.13 so i dont see what the problem is. i put the mod in the right spot cuz i loads and i get the RAND screen come up after i load it.

You need BTS 3.17.

Has anyone noticed that sometimes a city near a spawning civ that looses culture momentarily doesn't get it back?

Has anyone noticed that sometimes a city near a spawning civ that looses culture momentarily doesn't get it back?

Yes. This happens if your city is generating no culture. The moment you generate 1 point of culture (even if you don't expand your borders), you should get back your previous borders.

I've seen it too. Can't remember it was that way in classic RFC.

No, I've seen it in RFC too (squatting on Utrecht as England or Germany). The reason you may not have seen it before is probably because there was so many ways religion could have spread to your cities that you're unlikely not to be generating culture unless you go for non-core areas.

I'm not really enjoying playing RAND at the moment. Won't be coming back until it is much less 'buggy'.

Were there this many bugs in RFC when it started out too?

definitely worse :lol:
I remember playing one game of "Catapult" and coming back only after an year.

I'm enjoying RAND though, there aren't really major bugs. Some connected to UHVs, and (not properly bugs...) map generation.

I just had a civil war as Russia when I was stable\very stable.

Many of the most annoying bugs that are map script related are very easily fixable by going into world builder. For instance, I always go around rescuing cows from the top of mountains. I add seafood near sea going spawn sites and river delta regions. I also add flood plains where needed in middle east spawn sites.

Just makes the game more playable.

As Egypt, I had plague at turn 8.

I've also had plague very early on as Babylon. I can't remember what turn but I only had one size one city.

Not sure it is a bug, or just strange AI behavior. It is 1763, and my Roman Frigates are makngi their great world tour to show my might. Arriving in America's capital port (on the west coast of the "new world"), I see that Washington has 3 settlers sitting in its capital, and they have founded no other cities despite good nearby lands to expand into.

I often see America spwan on the west coast not really near any European colony.

Went for a Dutch UHV, controled 5 spices and it said I finished the goal (you need 7 spices).
Later I colonized "Australia" (the empty Island) and it said "not yet".

Went for a Dutch UHV, controled 5 spices and it said I finished the goal (you need 7 spices).
Later I colonized "Australia" (the empty Island) and it said "not yet".

You just replicated my experience. Your 5 spices may have eventually turned into 7 spices when you fat cross expands (or even beyond the fat cross).

Australia is not well coded right now, and if American colonies sometimes have bugs (with Spain, for example), Australia is just impossible. Hence I played out my Dutch 2/3 UHV as a domination game.

has anyone else experienced massive ctds with rand? I mean it does work nicely sometimes, but now I just got crashed out 4 times in a row after less than 5 minutes playtime in each try.

using vista, v. 3.17, dont think I have that unofficial patch on. regular rfc seems to be working nicely.

Same here and anyone encounter this before.:confused: Also, I don't have a screenshot for it yet, in this same game my second colony(I'm England) which was clearly in America was named Ipswich. I'll produce a screenshot tomorrow. Anyone else encounter this?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 117
has anyone else experienced massive ctds with rand? I mean it does work nicely sometimes, but now I just got crashed out 4 times in a row after less than 5 minutes playtime in each try.

using vista, v. 3.17, dont think I have that unofficial patch on. regular rfc seems to be working nicely.

I haven't experienced a single CTD with Vista or XP.

Top Bottom