States General Assembly Hall

that'd be the middle of the night over here, wouldn't it :(

:( Sorry I haven't looked at my world clock in years. I was thinking it would be about 2000 GMT, but you're two hours past that, huh. Well, what do you suggest?

I was under the impression the Assembly would be done by posting. I am too busy to make the meeting.

:dunno: Hey, I'm jus trying to get the game moving.

Civplayah kept posting about Council Meetings:

There are four positions in the CoA:
King: Rules the CoA, but does not dictate
Member of the Chest of : Is able to attend council meetings and is part of the faction.
Honorary member of the Chest of : Is able to attend council meetings, but they are not part of the CoA. Their faction is allied with the CoA.
Citizen: Is able to attend a council meeting, but may not speak. Their faction is not allied with the CoA

In answer to your second question, the Cycles have a council
meeting very frequently, so if the Cycles win, the game will
get moving by that and by the turnchats that we hope to do.

The Monarch listens to their council, and since every person is
on the council, and a new council meeting will be held
frequently, it keeps the game going and the Monarch will listen
to the voice of the nation and try not to dictate like the
triad.

I haven't seen any Council Meetings, but that doesn't they didn't take place at sometime, somewhere. Just thought I would go by what the King had told you people. But I'm up for just posting, as long as things are keep current. The people need to be heard.

Therefore, the Council Meetings will be held here in the Assembly Hall. Because only Reps can post here, the notion of regular citizens not being able to speak will still apply. But the Reps must transfer their concerns from the Public Square to here.

Speaking of the King, he has not posted in a week and has not returned my PM. It might be time I stepped up and took the Crown. I would then choose a new Regent.

That looks like a good plan...will the council approve it?

What say ye protectors of the faith, and citizen reps?

(BTW Reps, please hold your debates as much as possible here. To get the idea moving, I would much suggest this be the offical conduit to the King and Regent - in other words, the Cycles will seek to avoid debates in Faction threads and the square, and instead come here.

Honorary Clerk of the Realm, [OOC: In the Netherlands, it's tradition to adres the chairman of the parliament when talking there]

I, dutchfire, representative of the people of Arkadia, am pleased to support the coronation of Regent Cyc as the new king of Arete. The abdication of King Civplayah is not at all a sign of hate, dislike or malcontentedness against him or his actions, it is a sign of our gratitude for the changes he started. Like Seidrik the Gray before, now his the time for him to rest on his laurels, to be a stable point in the changing empire around him, now is the time for him to take his place in the gallery of Aretanian heroes.

So, to conclude, let me raise a toast to our new King Cyc, and let us hope he will be as good as the last replacement king we had. :beer:

On the issue of the council meeting, I too would be happy with holding them on these forums, I think it would be very hard for all of us to be online at the same time. (To give an example, the 3 last posts before mine in this thread were all posted between 2 and 3 AM my time)

Honorary Clerk of the Realm, [OOC: In the Netherlands, it's tradition to adres the chairman of the parliament when talking there]

I, dutchfire, representative of the people of Arkadia, am pleased to support the coronation of Regent Cyc as the new king of Arete. The abdication of King Civplayah is not at all a sign of hate, dislike or malcontentedness against him or his actions, it is a sign of our gratitude for the changes he started. Like Seidrik the Gray before, now his the time for him to rest on his laurels, to be a stable point in the changing empire around him, now is the time for him to take his place in the gallery of Aretanian heroes.

So, to conclude, let me raise a toast to our new King Cyc, and let us hope he will be as good as the last replacement king we had. :beer:

And that gents, is how its done!

A general request to all Reps that when you post, please adress all comments to the Honorary Clerk of the Realm!

Also, feel free to have fun with it etc - mixing a bit of RP with business is what's expected here - lets feel those faction energies!

After a raise of his family crest the floor is given to the Representative of the Unaligned

Lord Regent to the Crown,
The citizens of Arete are becoming rejuvenated as we approach our next turnchat. King Civplayah announced his absence to the people and should be given the option to step down. I request a suspension of the Regents action to claim the crown until after the TC. If the King has not responded by then I will officially endorse you (Lord Regent Cyc) as Aretans new King.

After a raise of his family crest the floor is given to the Representative of the Unaligned

Honorary Clerk of the Realm,

I, Lord Civius, Representative of the Unaligned, support the coronation of Regent Cyc as the new king of Arete. We have gone too long without a King and Cyc has shown us his ability to lead.

The Clerk of the Realm bangs his gavel twice.

"Representatives for the people of Arete. The matter of Regent Cyc ascending to the throne has received 3 out of the possible 5 votes in this Assembly Hall. This matter has passed the Council Vote and will be put into action. The Coronation of our new King will take place immediately."

The Clerk of the Realm bangs his gavel 3 times "The King is dead. Long live the King!"

May I suggest the following instructions, as posted in addendum I, for the next Turnchat.

Spoiler addendum I :
Builds:
Arete:
Samurai
Spy (to Dur Kurigalzu for city revolt there, send through our own territory if possible)
Trebuchet

New Giruvegan
Samurai
Samurai
Samurai

Edorai
Trebuchet
Trebuchet

Kassite (whip)
Trebuchet
Pikeman

Venice
Samurai

Santiago
Longbowman (to take over for the other war elephant)

Cordoba
War Elephant
Pikeman

Trade optics for Philo with Augustus
Try to trade Aesthetics with Churchil for Optics
Move scouting units back to stacks
Move Edorai stack to iron mine 2n of edorai
Move New Giruvegan stack to plains forest 2NE of New Giruvegan
Research Education - Liberalism

I am opposed to Former King Dutchfires suggestion to enslave the populace in Kassite. If we want them as part of our empire and citizens under the crown we should treat them that way. Other than that I approve Former King Dutchfires suggestions.

Well, this one got complicated fast...

Our King has returned..yet is he our King? Not any more...what is to be done.

The Wise Humble Servant here suggests a Co-Regency of Kingship, with specific spheres of influence, which smoothly confronts my next point.

There is more than enough work to do my lords to draw new, active citizens to our nation - and the time is right to craft our first National Epic! (To be posted as front page news on the website...)

Well, this one got complicated fast...

Our King has returned..yet is he our King? Not any more...what is to be done.

The Wise Humble Servant here suggests a Co-Regency of Kingship, with specific spheres of influence, which smoothly confronts my next point.

There is more than enough work to do my lords to draw new, active citizens to our nation - and the time is right to craft our first National Epic! (To be posted as front page news on the website...)

You're saying we should share leadership? I can adjust and hopefully so can Cyc.;)

You're saying we should share leadership? I can adjust and hopefully so can Cyc.;)

Clerk of the Realm,

I would humbly submit the time is right to embrace a co-regency!

One will deal with RP and recruting players, and the other gameplay issues.

I would suggest King Civplayah be in charge of gameplay, as the senior King.

Also, I am deeply concerned Clerk of the Realm by the lack of action (despite PLENTY to DG action!) on putting our news on the front page. What do the reps say to these pressing matters?!

Top Bottom