G-Major CXLI

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.
(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Archipelago
  • Speed: Any
  • Leader: Venice (Enrico Dandolo)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 5th to 29th February 2024
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Any chance of extending? Just realized this one also ended today and doubt have time to start and finish in one day!
Wow, is this welcome. I have been trying to get these updated, just haven't been getting to my computer. Yes, I have extended this and the Minor to March 31st. And, no, @zenmaster I have NOT had a chance to play this, so I am selfishly happy to extend.

Decided to have a try at the sacred sites strat. Was a very messy final game (I somehow completely forgot about musician tourism bombing until turn 250ish) but the only one that was going to end in a decent time. It took more hours than I'd like to admit figuring out a build path that would work. Ended up going monument, shrine, worker, stonehenge, great library into venetian galleass spam to eliminate the high culture civs and cornering the low culture civ to stop them converting my cities to their religion to keep the sacred sites tourism and finishing with a very messy musician tourism bomb.
1710490483458.jpeg

Attachments

• Final screen.Civ5Save
    780.7 KB · Views: 5
  • AutoSave_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    680 KB · Views: 1
  • AutoSave_0100 BC-0375.Civ5Save
    731.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AutoSave_0200 AD-1400.Civ5Save
    745.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Decided to have a try at the sacred sites strat. Was a very messy final game (I somehow completely forgot about musician tourism bombing until turn 250ish) but the only one that was going to end in a decent time. It took more hours than I'd like to admit figuring out a build path that would work. Ended up going monument, shrine, worker, stonehenge, great library into venetian galleass spam to eliminate the high culture civs and cornering the low culture civ to stop them converting my cities to their religion to keep the sacred sites tourism and finishing with a very messy musician tourism bomb.View attachment 686589
Wow, Venice is the only civ you do NOT want to use the Sacred Sites strategy with. Way too hard to get a bunch of cities that you can build religious buildings in. Much respect that you got the win using it!

With Venice you are best off just going all out for science to work toward culture wonders/hotels/Internet, though with this tiny map, the Galleass rush to take out the other civs was a good bet, too.

Top Bottom