FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

I just loaded patch h.

I started BtS as normal, and went to load my save game, I got a CtD. I then directly loaded FfH, and went to load the save file, and I got a bizarre error message which I couldn't access. After closing the box it looks like the game is working....

The quicksave file is my initial file.

Addendum: I created a new adept in Argenteria (not sure if he is in the attached save) and he has a bunch of crazy promotions. Indeed, many untis that weren't mutated before I added the patch now have the mutated promotion. However, i do have chaos mana so this is probably OK.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    346.2 KB · Views: 79
  • huh.CivBeyondSwordSave
    231 KB · Views: 69
Barbarians built a city on top of an Enchantment mana node.

Speaking about the world spell "For the Horde" why must the AI for the Clan of Embers be so ******ed and cast that spell immediately upon starting nearly every single time? It ends up crippling their economy and they can't do anything for scientific research. I've played the bottom five quiet often and ALWAYS the next civ is the clan of embers when I have them play. They're over their heads in units with no economy and no research possible, I must disband units so I can actually get the ball rolling. Just wondering if there's to be a tweak in the AI so they only cast it when actually needed or will disband units when needed to...

with the upkeep bonus the AI gets, it's actually not that bad of an idea. I haven't played them recently, but you used to be able to completely dominate a smaller pangea map by using your world spell correctly. Group your units up in groups of atleast 3-4, and send them off to the nearest civ. Declare war. If the city is lightly defended, attack and raze it, if it is defended go raiding, thus keeping your opponents down while you grow.

But we're getting offtopic here, there was a discussion about this in the strategy forum, look it up there ;)

Two small issues:

1. Hunters get a +50% against hill giants, which should be beast units. However, the subdue animal promotion does not give hunters a further +25% bonus.

2. I start with RoK, built some priests, converted to Order, vassalised an Ashen Veil neighbour and asked them to adopt Order. It feels a bit strange when my stonewardens can cast inquisition to remove AV AND RoK in their cities, since they do not belong the now-state religion.

Two small issues:

1. Hunters get a +50% against hill giants, which should be beast units. However, the subdue animal promotion does not give hunters a further +25% bonus.

2. I start with RoK, built some priests, converted to Order, vassalised an Ashen Veil neighbour and asked them to adopt Order. It feels a bit strange when my stonewardens can cast inquisition to remove AV AND RoK in their cities, since they do not belong the now-state religion.

You're right the +50% versus animals for hillgiants should in every case get removed, especially with the AI starting with about 3 to 4 promotions.

subdue animal only helps against animals. you need the subdue beast promo (from beastmasters) to get a further bonus against beasts ;)

I don't know why their inherit 50% bonus does apply to beasts though

Getting a CtD with this save if I trade maps with Decius.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0302.CivBeyondSwordSave
    303.3 KB · Views: 41
I can see the labels of Unique Improvements that I shouldn't be able to by zooming out far enough.

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

I tried to reproduce this by cheating in worldbuilder to prove the world was round and this is what happened.

A tile I can't really see:

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

After zooming out:

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

After proving the world was round:

Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

I can still only see the Pyre's label; I knew there were a few other improvements but their labels weren't visible.

The Hall of Mirror duplicates enemy equipment that is on the ground (I.E. because it's owner was killed).

I don't know if it is bug or just imba, nor something already known......but it seems when you upgrade a lower priest(of any religion) to a druid, because of the "divine" promotion of priest and channeling 3 of the druid, this new druid capable casting lv3 divine spell which should be restricted to the high priest, and lost if you change your religion. Now the only restrict is there's only 4 druid, and you have to switch your religion and even alignment. Well, not that useful, but definitely broke some rules:D.....Oh, though not been tested, I guess I can transform a high priest into lich if I use Amurite......

Not that imba? Ok, this is the big boom——remeber the pyre of the seraphic, on which you can sacrifice an angel to get a permanent fire elemetal? Well, nomally, angels are not that common for everyone to sacrifice, but anything with an angel promotion could be sacrificed, which means you can sacrifice a Host of the Einherjar,a temporary summon of Law II,and get a permanent fire elemental! Which means you can gather dozens of mages, summon fire elemental every turn, and soon you will legally a host of unstoppable fire elemental!:mad:

Ahhh, enjoying my ffh fix.

Playing patch g, Calabim. Minor bug that has been present for quite a while. Bloodpets cannot be upgraded to Morai in a city with Training yard once the Governors manor is built. The only option given in this situation is an upgrade to Vampire.

Great game, thanks Kael.

Can someone fix my Toddlers? Booted up my comp last night, double clicked on the FFH icon, and was presented with a 'disc not found'....it would seem the pesky rascals have ejected my BTS disc and have gone and hidden it somewhere. Unfortunately as everyone else was in bed I couldn't exactly go round tearing the house apart to find it :(

Just hope I find the disk soon as it was bad enough not getting my fix last night

Getting a CtD with this save if I trade maps with Decius.

I had a similar problem. I got around it by opening world-builder, and then returning to normal play (so I didn't spoil my game by revealing the map). I then traded maps, and avoided the CtD that way.

It's a cool word that's not in the dictionary, and therefore can mean anything you want! :)

-------------------

Okay... actually it's common slang.

whopperjawed Featured Word

adjective

1. out of place, crooked.

That looks whopperjawed.

Discover slang words with the same meaning:

* broken

Re my post 781 - my son told me the unlimited bards wasn't a bug, it is because I adopted Liberty. I'll edit that post also.

In addition, my game now loaded properly, there may not have been any bugs at all.

Best wishes and sorry about any confusion,

Breunor

I (as Illians) captured a Luichirp Mud Golem after taking a city. This Mud Golem did not have the Golem promotion, it had the Dwarven promotion instead. Also, I did not have to fight the Golem. I captured the city and the Golem when I killed the last regular defender (a Scout). Other Mud Golems in the game had the Golem (and not Dwarven) promotion and defended themselves appropriately.

Just a guess on my part, but maybe it was a starting unit for the AI? So it was given the Dwarven promotion automatically which either prevented the Golem promotion or it just never received Golem for some other reason.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but in one game with the latest version of FfH, I am unable to build an ice node- I have the option to build any of the other 17 types of mana nodes, but there is no button for "Build Ice Node".

I'm playing evil with the Sheaim and there is a lot of broken land around (not sure if terrain affects what mana nodes you can build) on an Erebus map. I'm attempting to fulfill the Tower of Mastery victory conditions

AFAIK -- Ice nodes are supposed to be unbuildable, and you don't need Ice mana to build the Tower of Mastery.

Top Bottom