Post map requests here

I noticed that on the "Earth 2" select a map screen,

the rotating globe is an upside down, "Mirror Earth" map where the normal earth oceans & continents are reversed.

Sadly, there is no map in the game like this.

Has anyone ever done a "Mirror Earth" map like this?

Thanks!

Returning to the original format of this thread:

I would like an EarthSea map.

1. Large or Huge size.
2. For BTS.
3. Resources included, but random.

This Archipelago should be the "Old World" of the map; we need uncharted oceans surrounding it, with some other archipelagoes &/or continents far away (doesn't matter what shape they are). Those unknown lands will have barbarians only.

5. Normal east-west wraparound
6. Lots of forests, especially on the uninhhabited landmasses.
7. Use more hills than mountains in the Archipelago, because living space is at a premium. Just 1 or 2 peaks in Havnor at the centre.
8. At least 7 players; this will allow for EarthSea civs plus a couple of extras, if a scenario is written.
9. Lots of rivers, albeit it short ones on islands.
10. Goodie Huts: a few inthe Archipelago, a lot in the other lands.

I can try it if you want.
Only problem may be: It's a really well-detailed map, so I will need to leave out many very small islands or narrow sea straits. Perhaps the map will grow very huge.
Would you like a special name for the map?

Leave out the smallest islands, sure. After all, we don't expect real-Earth maps to include every little island of Scotland or Indonesia.

Just call the map EarthSea!:)

Being a somewhat lazy guy when it comes to reading all the thread (sorry), I love making fictional maps, but havn't figgured out how to make one in world builder without having the starting civs keep showing up.

I will load a game in single player mode (BTS 3.17). Before anyone has a chance to move, I enter world builder and erease the civs I started with, then draw away to my hearts content creating the world I want. So after that I click save the map as whatever title I choose. Then when I try to start a different game by chooseing the map under the custom game feature, it gives me the save civ I had stared with.....I know I'm doing something wrong, but being an old guy with no attention span, can't figure it out!
Help please. Would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Leave out the smallest islands, sure. After all, we don't expect real-Earth maps to include every little island of Scotland or Indonesia.

Just call the map EarthSea!:)

OK. Unfortunately I work on a foreign computer where I can't play BTS. I hope it doesn't bother you that you must wait until Thursday or Friday until I can finish my work.

Edit: By the way, did you create this map? When I put the map online, shall I mention your name or the name of anybody else?

Edit: By the way, did you create this map? When I put the map online, shall I mention your name or the name of anybody else?

I'm afraid I didn't. It's from the EarthSea novels by Ursula K. LeGuin. In fact her name is printed at the bottom right of the map I linked; she should be credited.

Being a somewhat lazy guy when it comes to reading all the thread (sorry), I love making fictional maps, but havn't figgured out how to make one in world builder without having the starting civs keep showing up.

I will load a game in single player mode (BTS 3.17). Before anyone has a chance to move, I enter world builder and erease the civs I started with, then draw away to my hearts content creating the world I want. So after that I click save the map as whatever title I choose. Then when I try to start a different game by chooseing the map under the custom game feature, it gives me the save civ I had stared with.....I know I'm doing something wrong, but being an old guy with no attention span, can't figure it out!

Cheers

Hello, try this tool. You can erase any civ, units, cities etc. with it, so when you start BTS next time, you can choose your favourite civs. The problem is: Whenever you start a game and save a map with the WB, it saves the civs too.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=270443

I'm afraid I didn't. It's from the EarthSea novels by Ursula K. LeGuin. In fact her name is printed at the bottom right of the map I linked; she should be credited.

OK. If you want to see a first draft of the map and to give suggestions, you may visit my mapmaking thread -sr's Mappacks - Different Parts of the Earth.

Yes, really huge. BTS normal Huge = 128x80, this is 158x76. But there is much water, so I believe that a huge map would be better to have enough settleable land. If it's too great, please tell me.

Cheers

Do you know anything about Notepad use for making changes to Civ4?
If you look at alot of my maps (see sig) i have tons of examples there.

I need someone to make this map for my French and Indian War scenario.

@ Pariah: Your map is ready. See it here. In a few days it will be available. I hope you like it. If you have suggestions what to improve or change, please give it here, in my Mappacks Thread: -sr's Mappacks

It's beautiful, -sr! I'm especially impressed by your faithful duplication of the island shapes and relative positions. The new world part looks good too. Thanks a dozen times!

I need someone to make a map of the U.S. It must have room for the US and a small part of southern canada and northern Mexico. Thats all i need, so you can leave resources and such as is. If you do it, PM me when its ready. Thanks in advance, anyone.

PS: My idea for a scenario involves recent events. Very recent.

Edit: Nevermind. I found a way to scale my map and double its size, so now it's more detailed. So, how would one upload a file for download here?

do u think u could make one exactly like the one u made for s.c.dude, except could you add in indonesia and the philipines? And I'd like it to be for BtS please. And the resources, I'll do myself.

Thanks.

Top Bottom