Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods (Bullpen)

Death will be taken back by the one whom it belongs to...

if he succeeds, that is. :D

Okay, Paulus, we're finished.

And with Ashus, Winston, the Frog, the Trident, and Eldarion all destroyed, there should be no trace left of the Beast. Frankly, it's already had more than enough false endings. :lol:

Whether all those gods are enough to plug up the well - I guess that's at your discretion.

Well, I played the set...

but the ending was... erm... less than satisfactory. Suffice to say that even the personification of Death should not have acted as brutal as I did there. So I'm gonna replay it later today and get you guys a proper ending.

What happened?

Spoiler :
All went well. Caught some more cities of Asoka's, steamrolled Pacal off the map. But then Asoka went and vassalized himself to Izzy, who'd also taken a couple of cities from him.

And needless to say, I was pissed, for that threw a huge spanner in the works. Domination was possible without killing Izzy (which I didn't want. Izzy was my friend!) before that, but now I had to attack Izzy as well. I tuned up my role of Death and completed the Manhattan Project.

I sought out Izzy's SoD's, found several: one in conquered India, one in the inlands and a naval SoD in Madrid. Threw a couple nukes on each, byebye SoD's, then proceeded to cheerily nuke and steamroll every inch of Spanish, English and Indian land I could find.

We all know that Pavlos has a bit of a problem with the concept of mercy, but this just went waaaaaaay over the top. :D

No, Trynthalas, I will not be reprising my role as Ashus in DI5. About time a new character rolled in for me :) [Ashus had elements of my original character from DI2! :p]

And so, Divine Intervention IV comes to an end.

Trynthlas... good luck. You'll need it. :)

And may the sheer awesomeness of Divine Intervention IV continue into DivInt V :)

Paulus, it was great :goodjob:

Two thumbs up for the gods as well. :goodjob: :goodjob:

I must say it's been an interesting game for me as well. I have played (or at least tried to do so) in a way contrary to the way I normally played, because the gods wanted me to. Somehow this story became about pacifism, forgiveness and being nice. :p

Usually I'm all-out warmonger, as one can see from the DivInt IV outtake in this thread. :D

A fitting end! And cutting it close, too - I see the victory was won on the very last turn (of the 25, obviously not the end of the game turns). How close were you to being able to launch a spaceship otherwise?

Bravo to all who played parts in the story :goodjob:

DivInt 5 coming up soon...

any particular requests on civs or custom map settings? I'll be playing at Noble, one level below my normal solo play of Prince. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment:
- Noble
- Hemispheres (Normal continents, Islands, 3 continents)
- Large
- Epic
- Player (Monty/Aztec) + 8 random AI
- Permanent Alliances enabled

I don't know. Paulus may or may not agrre but I think the Divine Intervention games aren't really that much Harder than regular games...yeah, sometimes you get thrashed, but in the end you usually get a big reward.

I never found them even slightly challenging @ Noble, and I solo prince.

I don't know. Paulus may or may not agrre but I think the Divine Intervention games aren't really that much Harder than regular games...yeah, sometimes you get thrashed, but in the end you usually get a big reward.

I never found them even slightly challenging @ Noble, and I solo prince.

In that case, I'm going to have to dish out some of the heavy stuff for the next game :D

I still think it was the right choice to play at Monarch. At Emperor, I would have been destroyed in 1200 BC.

But hey, while the game lasted I finally moved up to Immortal. :D

Great job, Paulus. The development of Pericles' character over the course of the game was very well handled, and your reports were consistently entertaining. :goodjob:

With regards to difficulty, I should point out that I had to give the Indians a HUGE boost (several techs, loads of Towns, plus Academies and other multipliers in key cities) to allow them to keep up. But this is a great advantage of the DivInt format - if the player is in danger of running away with it, then the gods can throw a spanner in the works; likewise, if it's too hard, then they can intervene to make things easier.

That said, and although it would be fun to help a lower-level player beat Deity (or to make Settler challenging for a civ genius), I think the best choice is a level the player finds reasonably comfortable, without it being too easy. Unless Trynthlas is still struggling to get a grip on Prince, I'd suggest he plays on that difficulty rather than Noble.

In any case, I'm very much looking forward to the next game. I promise to pick a nice and straightforward god this time around, and avoid the weird and cryptic ramblings Paulus had to put up with. :D

I personally would like to see an Earth 18 DI. :)

If anyone else would like to post an intro for their god before I play the first set and post my own intro/report, you've got until tonight!

One request to the gods for DI5 - as you're writing the story portions of things, please don't write responses/actions for Montezuma (unless you've PM'd me about it). Leave Monty to me, thanks :)

Can we agree on a rule that got its that are un-acted on after a long period of time (say 5 hours) are automatically voided? The game has been away for 24 hours so far on got it's that have to this point amounted to nothing. If you can't do something, it doesn't take more than an hour to figure that out.

Top Bottom