Night of the Werewolves XXII: The Road to Ruin (Game Thread)

"Bloody 'ell" *Icekommander spits on the ground next to Lightfang's body* Two insurgeants dead, how many to go? Not much in the way of info either. I suppose however our canditates are Chandreskar, D'Artagnan and mercary, seeing as they all have just recovered from injuries preventing them from killing anyone. The question is *The recruiter glares at the three* who is it?

That's assuming there wasn't a conversion, which IMO would be the smartest thing to do. I'm beginning to wonder about IceKommander. Love gets the radio. BTW, anyway to tell if this is a new radio, or is this the one that Renata had? Just wondering if a thief stole it before she died, or if there was a second one all along.

Want to give me a radio now? I thought the destroyed one was the only radio so i had given up, but there seem to be another.

Not particularly... :p

What makes you a better candidate for the radio then another player?

I suppose however our canditates are Chandreskar, D'Artagnan and mercary, seeing as they all have just recovered from injuries preventing them from killing anyone. The question is *The recruiter glares at the three* who is it?
How does being healed at night make them suspicious? They were still unable to do anything relating to their abilities at all last night. If anything, it proves that at least one of us NOT injured last night is guilty.

Seeing as how we denied him the radio last time, I vote the radio to Love

@ Methos: I think this is a new one. I believe renata's radio was found destroyed.

Wow, a new radio, I hope this one will be useful to Love. I'd hate to see it fall into wrong hands.

Also, I'm getting tired of IceKommander's accusations and suspicious voting pattern. Like Methos, I think a conversion is what happened the night before last and that the wolves/rogues/insurgents are back to work again.
Assuming there was no conversion, It'd make more sense to look for people that were healed the previous day. And who might that be ? LightFang ! (correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the only one that day). So yeah, that theory pretty much goes out the window.

EDIT : Okay, someone (I just went back two pages) tells me that Nakharma was also healed the same day as LF. But still, the wounded so no kills theory doesn't make sense IMO, because people are wounded for two days, and we only were safe for one night.
{it needs a little bit more checking, but I'm in a rush, sorry}
Still, I'd also very much like to hear something, anything, from Nahkarma.

Midday, Day 8

As the number of men dwindled, so did the number of votes counted halfway through the day. Where once there was a plethora of activity, now only a fragment of that remained. Icekommander led the way with four votes to his name, and no one had yet emerged as a second candidate. The radio vote favored Love and if the trend continued, he'd have the item. No one was quite sure why there had been a sudden drop-off in voting activity. Either the soldiers were truly clueless as to who was behind the night killings or they simply didn't want to name any names, lest they become the night's next victim.

As the men marched on, they expected an ambush to catch them at some point. Again, the trend that had become commonplace the past two days also was broken, as nothing threatening presented itself. Satisfied of the squad's safety for now, Izipo and his team continued to head west to the extraction point.

Accusations:
Icekommander: 4

Radio:
Love: 5

Current Over/Under: 2

>>Deadline for votes 23 hours from this post<<

Yes, IceKommander Explain yourself. I'm tired and grumpy from the pain, but enough of this is ENOUGH.

IceKommander, I've been suspicious of you from the start. Even your title, "recruiter", sounds suspicious at this point.

And I guess Love can have the radio.

Wow, a new radio, I hope this one will be useful to Love. I'd hate to see it fall into wrong hands.

Also, I'm getting tired of IceKommander's accusations and suspicious voting pattern. Like Methos, I think a conversion is what happened the night before last and that the wolves/rogues/insurgents are back to work again.
Assuming there was no conversion, It'd make more sense to look for people that were healed the previous day. And who might that be ? LightFang ! (correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the only one that day). So yeah, that theory pretty much goes out the window.

EDIT : Okay, someone (I just went back two pages) tells me that Nakharma was also healed the same day as LF. But still, the wounded so no kills theory doesn't make sense IMO, because people are wounded for two days, and we only were safe for one night.
{it needs a little bit more checking, but I'm in a rush, sorry}
Still, I'd also very much like to hear something, anything, from Nahkarma.

OOC: sorry for the inactivity. I had 2 assignments due and a test on friday. This week I have/had 2 assignments due today, one of which I will be continuing shortly. A test and an assignment due on weds and a test and an assignment due on friday. University sucks.

Side note: the test on friday was only ten words but worth 5% of my grade. Each word could easily have up to 15 marks attributed to it. Crazy huh?

Icekommander may be suspicious but I am surprised at how back and forth the accusations have been. It has been hard to keep up with all of this. First J-Man and love are in a race to see who would be voted for, but now it seems that everyone likes love now and wants to give him a radio. Considering that IceKommander IS suspicious, I will follow suit(sp?) and vote for him, but can someone tell me why love is suddenly not even a factor? I am confused. (OOC: maybe I need to reread a fair portion of the thread, when I find the time)

Evening, Day 8

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

As the sun set on another day, the voting patterns displayed prior remained exactly the same. For the first time this trip, every voting outcome was unanimous. Love received the radio and he took it back to his tent. But the real story today was Icekommander. Almost everyone who could vote voted against him, and he had no chance to save himself. Despite the outcome, Icekommander walked over to the stake under his own power. This was a matter of honor. If he had to die to prove his point, so be it.

Being a veteran of wars prior, he always thought he’d die valiantly in battle, either returning an enemy’s grenade or taking a bullet for one of his squad mates. Never in a million years did he think his own men would execute him after a failed mission. “What would Captain Hegamu think of this?” he thought to himself. Well, he’d have the opportunity to find out soon enough.

Izipo read the sentence to the doomed man. Even though it had become routine to the point boredom just listening to Izipo’s voice tell the same thing that had been told prior, they all still intently listened to it hoping to get some sort of reaction out of Icekommander. He would not oblige.

The guns were raised, the sights aligned to Icekommander’s chest, and the bullets were fired. Through it all, he didn’t even flinch as the hot lead buried into him. CCRunner went over to check on him, and sure enough, Icekommander was dead.

They went through his belongings, looking for anything that tied him to the night’s killings or the ambushes. When that turned up empty, they went over to his left leg and checked for the tattoo. Nothing. Disappointed, they all came to the same conclusion:

Spoiler :
Icekommander was a loyalist.

With that bit out of the way, the rest of the camp was put together and the soldiers tucked themselves in for the night. “No injuries today,” they thought. “We actually made some progress for the first time in a few days. Let’s hope this new streak of good luck continues.”

Accusations:
Icekommander: 12

Radio Vote:
Love: 7

It is now night! Night people pm me with your orders. Posting is currently closed. This night will last 48 hours.

Morning, Day 9

With yesterday over and a new day beginning, the men went right to work getting ready. With only six days left until they reached the extraction point, they felt they were in the home stretch. No ambushes yesterday and no recent explosions, the squad had made significant progress. To cap it all off, for the first time in four days no one in the squad was injured. So in light of the recent events, a few of the soldiers decided to go check on Stuck in Pi, just to see what plans he may have with those explosives that were voted to him yesterday. When they got there, it was readily apparent someone had gotten to him first.

Found slumped over his pack, Stuck in Pi had seven bullet holes spread out over his entire body. Why the Rogue Agents had deliberately upped the carnage with each kill was unknown, the fact remained that “Stucky” was dead. Once the squad dragged the carcass out of his tent, the search began for anything that could useful. And indeed a myriad of items were up for grabs.

Aside from the hand-held explosive voted to him yesterday, there was another hand-held explosive found next to it. Along with the explosives, the tattered flak jacket lay next to his cot. Despite it being well worn and abused, it still could offer some protection against flying debris. After the items had been carefully removed to safety, the soldiers looked through his tent for anything that could link him as an insurgent or a Rogue, but it was doubtful. His leg turned up bare of the Mark, and no other evidence was found in his tent regarding any Rogue behavior.

Spoiler :
Stuck in Pi was a loyalist.

With a flak jacket and 2 explosives up for vote, today was certain to be an active day regarding the item votes. But how active could the squad be when less than half of the survivors of the failed mission remained?

It is now day!
Midday post in 24 hours, night post in 48.

Accusations in Bold

Votes for the Hand-held Explosives in Bold Green ((Both explosives are being handled in one vote. Winner will receive both of them))

Votes for the Flak Jacket in Bold Red

Number of Players Remaining: 11
Current Over/Under: 2

You may now post!

OOC: sorry for short post gotta get ready and head to class soon.

Flak Jacket to ccrunner.

As for explosives... who should get em?

That's weird, your (Love) name comes up a lot when I talk to the mates about who they think is suspicious, so I'll follow a hunch I've been having for a loong time and vote for Love to hang.

Also, I'll have that Flak Jacket, if you don't mind. Can't see the squad leader injured, eh ?
As for the explosives, I'm still doubtful they will be useful (unless we can turn them in a claymore mine), and they didn't do a lot of good to SiPi... So, yeah, I'm gonna pass on that.

Top Bottom