Night of the Werewolves XXII: The Road to Ruin (Game Thread)

Also, I find Love's reasoning a bit strange, and would like himself to explain a bit further.
I don't see nuttin strange about it. See, when somebodies injured/bound, they can't do no night action. Killing us is a night action. Therefore, when someone is injured/bound, they can't kill nobody.

The major problem with this idea is conversions. That's what might have taken place here tonight.

J-Man was just showing up for the job he was supposed to be doing, you know, Highest ranked officer, commanding the squad and all the that, the way it has worked for the last several thousand years *Icekommander glares at the entire squad* hrrpmh. Maybe we killed them all? But knowing fates we haven't. We should make everyone show their legs to prove they ain't part of this. Anyone who doesn't show gets shot, anyone with that little tattoo gets shot. *GLances at the suqaad again* Bloody hell Youngun's these days. I swear I'm retiring, then everyone can do as they freakin like out here. *glares at J-Man and Izipo still muttering to himself*

*Several minutes later* This Master Sergeant would like to request the grenades seeing as I've been doing this stuff for longer n' any of you and I'm sorta lacking for weapons right now.

I suggest we destroy the explosives. I don't think J Man has done anything, he just volunteered hoping to win.

Edit: CCrunner explained it well...

OOC: Someone always suggests to destroy the dangerous but useful item, despite the fact that this is generally impossible unless specified otherwise. If we give it to someone we can trust then we can use it to kill one of the insurgents and win this game.

Midday, Day 7

The advance was slow today due to all of the injuries. Equally as slow were both the item vote and any accusations, as it seemed the few able to speak seemed more inclined to stay silent. The men were tired. Command hadn’t sent anything for a while and as the injuries piled up, so did the time it would take to get to the extraction point.

As the men slowly trudged forward, one of them noticed movement on their right flank. Adjusting his eyes and looking closer, he determined whatever it was must have been an illusion, a trick his eyes were playing on him. After all, it was pretty hot today.

Just as that thought crossed his mind, the illusion became reality as a handful of insurgents appeared from the cover of a cliff face and rained machine gun fire on the squad. Ekolite collapsed to the ground as his right leg failed to support any more of his weight. Another grenade lobbed over by the insurgents exploded precariously close to Stuck in Pi and CCRunner, but their respective flak jackets absorbed the punishment and the two were able to continue to fight back. Finally, merciary took a bullet to his left shoulder when he had run over to check on Stuck in Pi and CCRunner. As quick as it had begun the insurgents left, retreating only after the team had begun to organize an effective counter-attack.

While the ambush certainly was detrimental, the silver lining that could be found was only two had been injured. While it still would cost the team another day of travel, things could have been a lot worse for them had it not been for the flak jackets saving another two. Stuck in Pi’s in particular was all beat to hell after saving him three times from injury, but it still could do its job. Like his flak jacket, the squad was battered but not beaten. They regrouped and after checking their flanks again, resumed its march west.

Accusations:
Love: 2
J-man: 0

Hand-Held Explosive
Stuck in Pi: 3
Icekommander: 1

Current Over/Under: 2

>>Deadline for votes 23 hours from this post<<

Having hit the ground as soon as the attack started, and having stayed there until it had clearly passed, the Chaplain stands up with a wince to survey the damage.

Ugh. They got one of our medics, and they would've hit the other too if not for that jacket. We're getting a lot of wounded. With things this bad, I'm worried about our chances of getting out of here at all. Maybe we should just tie up one of the injured people today - anyone that can hold a gun is an asset at this point. It's your call, Izipo.

Also, thomas, you've given that gun to someone who can use it, right?

I got no problem giving this explosive to math dude. Hopefully, Mr. Pi, you can do somethin' useful wif' it.

But, uh, what happened this night was odd. Too odd, really.

I'm sure the insurgents converted someone tonight, whatelse could have happened?

That's already been explained. The remaining insurgent could have been wounded or tied up, hence their inability to kill. I think I'll follow along with others and vote J-man. Explosives to Stuck in Pi.

{OOC: I'm going out of town for the weekend, so no internet connection. I'll be back Sunday. Hopefully you all kill the remaining one and I come back to find out we won!}

Good thing you guys had protection, I gotta say these ambushes are getting tiresome.
As for what happened last tonight, the way I see it, either the killer was killed at evening or there was indeed a conversion.
But I can understand your point about him being wounded or tied up. Looking back on past events, correct me if I'm wrong, but only Nahkarma and J-man were wounded for the first time. There, there, a name that seems to come up quite a bit indeed, don't you think so J-man ?

What are you talking about ? Didn't you see I switched my vote ?

And what's this threat ?

Evening, Day 7

Another day was over. The men began to construct camp as the sun set after another long day. J-man was the lone exception. Instead of building his tent with the others, he hobbled over to another makeshift execution site. Facing the others, he made one last plea.

“I’m a loyalist! Please don’t execute me! I just wanted to lead us out of here. I didn’t have a motive behind anything that happened to our previous leader! Honest! Won’t someone see what you all are doing is wrong?”

A deafening silence was all that replied. The squad hoisted their weapons, and without hesitation, fired on Izipo’s command.

They went through the routine of sifting through his belongings for anything that may be useful. All they found was his Gold Star and it would be voted on in the morning. They couldn’t find anything that tied J-man to being a Rogue Agent or any condemning marks on his leg.

Spoiler :
J-man was a loyalist.

The other matter that needed tending to was the explosive vote. With Stuck in Pi winding up with a considerable lead, he was handed the dangerous item. As the tents finished construction the sun finally set behind the mountains. With another ambush behind them, they hoped it would be the end of those attacks. But with another day of marching through hell ahead of them, anything was possible.

Accusations:
J-man: 5
Love: -1

Hand-Held Explosive Vote:
Stuck in Pi: 6
Icekommander: 1

It is now night! Night people pm me with your orders. Posting is currently closed. This night will last 24 hours.

Morning, Day 8

The men awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs, which could only mean one thing. The cook was back to work, putting together another scrumptious meal the men would not soon forget. Joining the healthy ones for the first time in two days were Chandrasekhar and D'Artagnan59 along with merciary, who during the night had the fortune of being healed. The men eagerly lined up for the grub, as eating K-rations for the past two days made them realize the joy of actually eating food again.

One was noticeably missing from the line that had developed. Since the line was so long, a few at the back of the line decided to go wake up their fellow squad mate. When they entered his tent, they suddenly lost their appetite.

Lightfang lay face down in a pool of his own blood. The carnage caused by the six bullets in him was nothing to scoff at - aside from his facial features that identified him, below that there wasn't much left. Once the 'mess' was cleaned up, they all went through his belongings to check for anything of use. And indeed there was something.

A radio lay next to his cot undisturbed and in perfect working order. The squad was fortunate to still have one working after the first one exploded with Renata a couple of days ago. Like all items that came before it, they would vote on it today. Noticeably missing from his tent was the map to the extraction point. Regardless of whether one still believed it had been stolen or not, the fact remained that it wasn't there.

Aside from the radio and the missing map, there was nothing else found incriminating Lightfang as a Rogue Agent. After the recent ambushes by the insurgents and the lack of a kill the night prior to today's, the squad had been brutally reminded that Rogue forces were still at work against the team.

Spoiler :
Lightfang was a loyalist.

With the camp torn down and the bellies fed, the squad lined up once again and began its trek west. Maybe today would go easier than the previous couple days. "After all," they all thought. "It couldn't get much worse."

It is now day!
Midday post in 24 hours, night post in 48.

Accusations in Bold

Votes for the Radio in Bold DarkSlateGray ((Top right color in pull-down menu))

Number of Players Remaining: 13
Current Over/Under: 2

You may now post!

((*cough* Bold your votes! *cough*))

Top Bottom