Night of the Werewolves XXII: The Road to Ruin (Game Thread)

The people injured at the time nobody died:

Me, Ekolite, merciary, and Chandrasekhar.

Ekolite can't have been it. He was injured.

Merciary and Chandrasekhar haven't been active lately. Though they voted secretly (as I did not vote yesterday)

Though there's one person Icekommander forgot. Though, I am keen enough to not forget that thomas.berubeg was also injured at that time as well.

Last night, I was drugged and interrogated. I'm unsure what I spilled, but if the druggers were innocent, you know I am innocent as well.

Love, I'm innocent. I was tied up the three nights before the killings stopped, and they kept on going.

The people injured at the time nobody died:

Me, Ekolite, merciary, and Chandrasekhar.

Ekolite can't have been it. He was injured.

Merciary and Chandrasekhar haven't been active lately. Though they voted secretly (as I did not vote yesterday)

Though there's one person Icekommander forgot. Though, I am keen enough to not forget that thomas.berubeg was also injured at that time as well.

D'artagnan raises a good point here. Thomas.berubeg

Midday, Day 9

As the men continued on, storm clouds began to gather overhead. Before a downpour could start, the squad took its usual midday breather and the base of a small mountain. It was one of the final landmarks the team had to pass before they made it to the extraction point. Once passed the mountain, a small valley would greet them on the other side, and from there on out it wouldn't be far to presumable safety.

With the squad temporarily stopped for the time being and despite the handful of votes against him, the cook still prepared a light lunch for them all. Once everybody had grabbed some grub, they began to review what had transpired so far today.

Both the aforementioned cook and Love had a handful of votes to their name, with Love holding a slight lead over the cook. The flak jacket was well on its way to becoming CCRunner's new possession. Last but not least, everyone had managed to forget about Stuck in Pi's explosives, as no one had cast a vote for them yet.

Once lunch was consumed, they all quickly gathered their belongings and began the march through the mountain pass. With the storm gathering, the men didn't want to get caught traversing through the exposed mountain.

Accusations:
Love: 3
thomas.berubeg: 2

Flak Jacket Vote:
CCRunner: 3
Izipo: 2

Explosives:
None so far

Current Over/Under: 2

>>Deadline for votes 23 hours from this post<<

We need to make sure the explosives go to someone we can trust. I will take teh explosives.

Hmm, yes, Ekolite I'm sure about, so he can take care of the explosives.

Some information has come to me regarding Tasslehoff that I would like to check out. I'm not saying he's a wolf, but I'm not saying he isn't either. I would like your help in this. In order to find exactly what we need to know, we need to have Tasslehoff tied up tonight. If it turns out false, then the suspicions are dismissed and he goes free tomorrow. If not, well, we'll determine that at the appropriate time.

I accuse Tasslehoff. Please pay attention to the vote counts, as well as the secret votes due to our over/under being two.

That sounds better than the bandwagons we've been having, in any case. Let's tie up Tasslehoff, and while we're at it, Ekolite can have the explosives, and that handy jacket should go to CCRunner.

Very well, to make the votes tied between Tasslehoff and Love, I too vote Tasslehoff. Hope you're right Methos

Evening, Day 9

The storm continued to brew as the men made it to the summit of the mountain. Unable to see any further ahead without the aid of artificial light, the group found a small area large enough to house their dwindling number for the night. Fortunately for one, or unfortunately for two if you looked at it from another way, two were to be tied up this night.

Both Love and Tasslehoff received an identical number of votes and both would be tied up. Setting each one up on opposite sides of the mountain, neither would be going anywhere for the night. Tasslehoff himself just shrugged at the voting outcome – he’d lost count of just how many times he’d been tied up already.

The flak jacket went to CCRunner and the explosives were gingerly handed over to Ekolite for safekeeping. With the day’s responsibilities out of the way, the men lined up in front of the cook for dinner.

Methos downed his plate with his usual speed. After putting up with crummy army food and tasteless K-rations, he had grown to appreciate the cook’s cooking and never take it for granted. He chatted amongst his fellow squad mates, talking about all sorts of things besides the mission. After 9 grueling days, they all had needed a change of pace and conversation. While mid sentence, he was interrupted by another.

“Methos – your nose.”

He reached up to his nostrils and felt the warm sensation of blood on his fingertips. As he reached for some cloth, he began to cough uncontrollably. Blood spat out from his mouth as he tried to get in a breath of air. CCRunner ran over to the now convulsing Methos, and gave a quick diagnostic: he had massive internal bleeding. He needed surgery immediately, and he was rushed to the medic tent, which had been hastily constructed.

He quickly injected the struggling Methos with 2 syringes of morphine. He had to operate now if he was to have any chance of saving the man’s life. What made it extremely difficult was without modern equipment he couldn’t exactly know where the leak was. Noticing Methos grabbing his stomach tightly, he surmised the culprit lay somewhere near his stomach.

No sooner did he reach for the scalpel did merciary report that Methos had lost his pulse. CCRunner tried to administer CPR, but with blood flowing everywhere but to his vitals, it was useless. He’d lost Methos.

With saving the patient an afterthought, he went to work performing a crude autopsy. What he found inside was most disturbing: his liver had ceased to exist, or rather had liquefied. Something Methos ingested had caused his death.

Now besides the rogue killings and insurgent attacks, they now had a poisoner on their hands. While they may or may not be related, the fact remained that someone had deliberately spiked Methos’ food with poison.

They went through the deceased tent to look for anything that might help the squad. They found a pair of Night Vision Goggles, which may come in handy. Besides that, nothing else of value was discovered. Also absent was anything linking Methos as one of the Rogue Agents. CCRunner performed one last task before preparing the body for burial. He reported back that the left leg was clear of any tattoos.

Spoiler :
Methos was a loyalist.

Now that the once promising day was over, they were left with one dead and 2 other tied up for the foreseeable future. Day 10 of the retreat loomed tomorrow, and the squad knew they were running out of time. The lightning strikes from the gathering storm in the distance seemed to echo this sentiment.

Accusations:
Love: 3
Tasslehoff: 3
thomas.berubeg: 2

Flak Jacket Vote:
CCRunner: 5
Izipo: 2

Explosive Vote:
Ekolite: 5

It is now night! Night people pm me with your orders. Posting is currently closed. This night will last 24 hours.

Morning, Day 10

The men awoke to the swirling sounds of the wind, which during the night had picked up in intensity. Loose debris on the mountain was starting to move around from the gusts, and the squad knew they better get moving. Breakfast was hastily served and the tents quickly torn down in preparation.

As they started to move out, they noticed one tent still standing in the face of the wind. Angry they couldn&#8217;t get moving sooner, a few went back to tear down the tent. While totally focused on the tent&#8217;s dismantling, they were rudely reminded as to whose it was when they entered.

An uncountable number of bullets lay lodged in Ekolite&#8217;s mangled body. Removing the corpse from the tent was extremely difficult has his body threatened to fall apart at any moment. The gruesome task aside, they went through his belongings to search for anything that may be of value.

The two explosives Ekolite had received lay next to his cot along with a small manila folder labeled top secret. Izipo looked inside the folder to see exactly what it was, seeing as it possibly could have been evidence suggesting a rogue affiliation. The documents inside were heavily coded, but it looked to be some sort of list. While suspicious, the men didn&#8217;t think this could be any of said evidence since why would the rogues kill one of their own during the night? And with his leg devoid of any markings, they came to the same conclusion.

Spoiler :
Ekolite was a loyalist.

With the last tent torn down and the body prepped for burial later, the squad moved out down the mountain. Not long now they thought. It&#8217;s almost over.

It is now day!
Midday post in 24 hours, night post in 48.

Accusations in Bold

Votes for the Hand-held Explosives in Bold Green ((Both explosives are being handled in one vote. Winner will receive both of them))

Votes for the Documents in Bold Dark Red

Votes for the Night Vision Goggles in Bold Deep Sky Blue

Number of Players Remaining: 9
Current Over/Under: NONE

You may now post!

The Assassin was in tears over the death of his best friend, Methos.

Love.
Merciary.
Chandrasekhar.
Himself.
Nahkarma.
thomas.berubeg.
CCRunner.
Tasslehoff.

Then, he thought about who poisoned Methos. Then, he remembered a conversation with somebody at his house. He remembered the other person saying something about Methos. But what?

He tried to remember who it was that said it. The assassin normally kept to himself, though he did not remember who he was talking to. Then, it all came to him.

thomas.berubeg was the one who poisoned Methos.

He also told Ekolite about it. And what happened?

He's dead. The insurgent scum thomas.berubeg must die.

{I leave for 48 hours, and look at the mess when I get back :rolleyes:}

It's getting rather lonely out there... Two other brothers in arms that we have to bury.

And D'art, if you knew it was Thomas, why didn't you say so before ? But if you're sure, yeah, let's tie up Thomas.Berubeg. I just hope we have some rope left.

And if nobody minds, and unless someone volunteers to decipher the documents, I'll have a closer look at them.

Working in the kitchens, it's easy to know what will make someone feel uncomfortable. it's a simple matter to extract Cyanide from Almonds, or narcotics from common herbs.

Aye, I poisoned Methos, but only because I had some suspicions. The dosage I used should only have temporarily incapacitated him, unless someone else poisoned him too, or he had a remarkably weak constitution.

No, I am an innocent, and am sorry that my poison did more than expected, but, as I was drugged and interrogated last night, whoever did that will know that I am innocent of anything more than Methos's death.

Top Bottom