Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

"I know I have been in the background for a while, but I think this situation is far too fishy to pass up comment. If you think he is a wolf, why are you retracting your vote? It seems like a strong counteroffensive to press back accusations to me - one that worked."

The butler frowns, brow creasing. "I do not buy your story, D'Artagnan"

(OOC: I forgot to mention that I'm back (at last), and have just starting to get my head around the events that have occurred in my absence. If anyone has any business with me then please get in touch.)

The Lord, who has been holding his peace for some time now, finally steps forward to address his subjects.

I would like it to be known that I have not asked anyone to vote items to me. Other than the rightful claim I laid upon the Studio Key, I have not made any further moves to acquire items for myself.

In light of this, and in light of the fact that she acted without consulting me in any way whatsoever, I find the actions of Diamondeye the Healer - with regards to the Mithral Longsword - to be most suspicious. Whilst there are those amongst you whose loyalty and dedication I value most highly, I have no time for the crawling flattery of false friends. Let her hang!

Personally, I find the merchant D'artagnan's reaction to being accused most unpleasant.

The healer looks up, clearly shocked at the lord's words. "I apologize if I may have acted to put suspicion on you, milord, I meant only to underline my respect towards the authority that you rightly represent here, in your own castle. I felt I owe you that, given the shelter you have given us all. It is to my regret to see you cast your vote against me. As of now, I will not accuse D'Artagnan. Instead, I want to call out another person who has been silent; RRaskolnikov, it has been days - literally - since I heard your voice. Why is that?"

(OOC: Not mentioned in my PM - Chand?)

Considering that D'Artagnan is the only career merchant in the castle, it is true that I didn't find it prudent to give everyone a list of items they had bought from him, even though most of the inhabitants of the castle have probably purchased something from him at one point or another. I can't say any more than that.

Diamondeye, I've 'eard black rumours about ye'. We must see if they are true.

The Healer sighs, dislodging herself from the many conversation that have erupted with her as the center of attention.

"I feel I have an announcement to make. Apparently, whispers have gone around about my... Strange nature. It is true that I, like the Paladin, is a ghost. I have strayed far and wide before being brought to life by the life energies that loom in this castle, an ancient fortress of Life magic. Many people seem to think that makes me guilty of something, but it is not so. I simply seek to return to life, which is why I have been buying D'Artagnan's herbs and studying healing and the books on life magic that resides within this castle.

There you have it. If you have any question as to my motivations or other things, feel free to talk to me in private or in public, but please do not condemn me for my sad and bereft nature which I seek to redeem in peace."

Diamondeye.

The Groundskeeper casts an eye towards the windows, which still let in weak daylight. Another execution soon, and the first one with any substance. A change for the better, he hopes.

The butler frowns. "My former masters were also disciples of Life magic. They found their fate as you will find yours. D'artagnan, my apologies for not believing you, but Diamondeye must die tonight.

Again, if necessary."

Yes, I regret giving you the benefit of the doubt and accusing the merchant, as suspicious as he acted. Diamondeye to die.

Diamondeye, I am sorry, but your story is full of holes. Didn't you say that you didn't remember the mercahnt selling you herb just hours ago? Why suddenly change your mind?

It seems like Diamondeye isn't being truthful. In my lands, when a Shaman reaches great power and doesn't wish to die and lose this power, she becomes a Lich. If this healer is really trying to prolong her life, it seems like theres more to this then shes telling...

Realizing what is about to happen, the healer sits down, head lowered. Tears run from her eyes. "Of course I have to die just now, when I have finally found someone who at least resembles the man I loved all my life. Fine, you can have my life, if you seek it, you bloodthirsty barbarians. After that, send my beloved Fiddler to his grave, that I may see him in the afterlife."

She then turns her attention to the butler. "I am of the blood of your former masters. I was killed at my own wedding! My own wedding! And now, you intend to repeat the offense! I cannot believe it, I will not believe it!"

She runs, now openly crying, to her chamber, for there to spend what might be her last hours alive.

The seamstress, after hearing the Healer, no the DUCHESS's words, scream and run out of the room at prodigious speed

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT THE DUCHESS WAS BACK!"

OOC: Does no one else read the frigging sign up OP? :p

Diamondeye, even if you are who you claim to be we still cannot be sure of your innocence. You were the granddaughter and apprentice of an evil mage and who knows where his evil might have been carried on by you.

"Your faith seems sealed healer, you have tried to receive the protection of the Lord by bribing him with gifts, you have thrown around accusations faster than one can hear them. At this point your innocence is more than questionable. It is time for the Corpse Bride to return from where she came."

Top Bottom