Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

I'm sorry I am so late with my comments, but I've been on vacation until now and only have a couple of days at home before leaving again. I have three things to emphasize:

1: I love the storyline, Chand! It was epic

2: I don't think Seon had the worst character. I had. What use is a healer with no wounded? What a cover story. And since I am IMing with Oyzar, who is a rather insisting interrogator, I had to make something up. It wasn't completely fantastic, and I am rather sure I would have died later even without the IM slip - which by the way was ****ing annoying! I hate to be rude to other players, but PrinceScamp, that was really, REALLY not cool. I won't go as far as saying I blame you for our loss, since I am rather sure we would not have won anyway, but allow me to hint at the possibility. An extra note: This is the second game where my "wolf" mate messes up an IM message, and the fourth game as a baddie in a row, ladies and gentlemen - out of merely six games. I can hardly recall how to play innocent anymore, which made this game kind of hard.

3:
we were so close!
Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit. I finally thought I could win as a bad guy, leaving on vacation when we needed one or two kills more (Chand juggled two options here) and PS having the innocents fooled, and returning to find a defeat :cry:

:cry: :cry: Why did you go and kill me???!? :cry: :cry:

Apologies. I suggested this originally - consider it a confirmation of your capabilities as a player. I needed you out of the way, since you looked like you had a powerful ability and you are smart as hell - and IM with me a lot.

An enraged Forest actually told me that, in some future game where he was playing a wolf, you [oyzar] would be his first victim.

I mirror Forest's sentiments here; Oyzar, as I mentioned earlier, IMing about the game with you feels like an interrogation. You can step down, it's just a game ;)

Once again, thanks to Chand for hosting a marvelleous game, which has certainly inspired me. I hope that I may host a full-scale notw sometime, although my vacation will keep me too busy to host - or even attend - the next NOTW. See you in NOTW XVII, then.

I mirror Forest's sentiments here; Oyzar, as I mentioned earlier, IMing about the game with you feels like an interrogation. You can step down, it's just a game ;)

Spoiler :
Have fun talking to Pinman in the next game. :lol:

Spoiler :
Have fun talking to Pinman in the next game. :lol:

That was all my fault. He was guaranteed innocent and I didn't try to kill him before he started asking questions :p

On this game: I think the priests had enough info to call out Scamp, because I assumed that since Methos (while being a prophet against the ghosts, and most of all Diamondeye being aware of his identity as such) survived that long, one of the ghosts must've BS'ed him. The suspect list could be narrowed down easily because Niklas and oyzar died quickly and Frozen was with us.

Only info tends to be as trustworthy as its sources, which DE and Frozen weren't. :(

I always knew that PS was a ghost team member. I think the reason he lasted so long was because of the falling out between Renata, Methos and myself at about that time. I was more interested in killing methos, and methos wouldn't really believe a word I said about anyone, including PS. Still, I don't know why Renata didn't poison him instead of SiPi.

Renata already explained why she killed SiP (Because ZPV was innocent and SiP said he was active at night when ZPV scanned him as inactive(false scan)). They did kill PS at the very end, but if he had just one day shorter to complete the ritual it would have all been over...

When I was about to be hung I told Renata I thought PS was guilty :p and RRR too (because of my motivation though :p)

And KingMorgan ... :p

At least for me, PrinceScamp was off the hook primarily because of Methos's ambiguous scan. I wasn't willing to discount that when there were still other credible suspects left. But SiPi was really the last of those, as far as potential ghosts go.

I was willing to vote for PS to be lynched but their was such a clique going on with many different people i didn't fancy sticking my head above the parapet and making a target of myself.

The historian had been wrong, completely wrong? He likes to think he wasn't. His magical system wasn't perfect but it had helped him a lot.

Yes my friends I am of the great Sidar race! You puny mortals!

Spoiler Starting PM :
Role: Historian
Alignment: Neutral
Ethnicity: Sidar (Shade)
Base Strength: 2
Item: Longbow - Your weapon of choice, long unused but still functional. Required for ability.
Ability: Practice - Each night, you may practice your rusty skills. After six nights of practice, you will gain a new ability.
Victory Condition: Innocent Victory
Motivation: The Gardener must survive.
Background: You are an immortal shade, and old, quite likely the oldest person here at Castle Animus. Your early days are largely forgotten, but some things are clear as though they happened yesterday. You were among the most elite of the Sidar archers, and your partner was an assassin of unparalleled skill. Together, you went on covert reconnaissance missions, assassination missions, and rarely, used your skills in pitched battle for the Sidar. Your partner was incredible, both as an assassin and as a shade. You admired him immensely.

Eventually, you decided to wane, as all shades eventually do, living the rest of your long, long life peacefully. You became a travelling historian, teaching the young mortals of the world about events long past for them, but relatively recent memories for you. One day, when you returned to the Sidar capital, you learned something surprising about your old partner and friend, the assassin, who never put down his blade. He had disappeared - the shades live ephemeral existences, able to fade into the mist at will, but this was something different. That assassin, that hero of the Sidar, had disappeared entirely, using a magic powerful enough that his face and name disappeared from all who knew him. Indeed, the people of the Sidar were slowly forgetting that he had ever existed. But you never forgot.

You gathered what rumors there were, picked the minds of all who might have information, and set out to find your old friend. It was said that he had fallen in love with a mortal woman, a violation of taboo that even you found a bit disgusting. Yet you continued to search, undeterred. Your searching took many years, and carried you across Erebus, but the Sidar are nothing if not persistent, and now here you are. The trail led you to an Amurite village, and an orphanage, where the young Gardener was raised. Though you can't remember the details of the assassin's face, you can't help but feel that hers bears a similarity. Perhaps she will lead you to your objective.

But you didn't expect to be put in a situation like this. It's been a long time since your life has been in danger. You still have your trusty longbow with you, but it's been many years since you've used it. You'll need to practice for at least six nights before you're confident enough in your skills to make use of it. Unfortunately, being gone from your room at night might make you look suspicious, but there's nothing you can do about that.

:clap:

Great game!
Job mighty well done Chand!

So yeah I was wrong. But it was all the fault of the Fantastic Four to suggest there might be another priest. :p

I think I'll write up some after game thoughts now;

Paranoid got a new meaning in this game. :lol:

So I got my PM and my first thoughts were: Great backstory, terrible character.
It almost forced me to go 'no ability, no item' well that wasn't going to go well. Especially not if someone would scan me as active at night. Which would sign my death-warrant. So I decided to a selective few. My choice of Renata, Methos and CCRunner couldn't have been better in retrospect.

I decided not to tell BL anything about our possible connection. There was a possibility it was one of those 'protect a werewolf' scenarios. Also I did not want to take too many risks until I got my ability.

The first days.
Now nobody will probably believe this but if I had anything to say about it I would have hanged Winston day one. Something told me that the whole situation was fishy. See he got way too much positive feedback in item voting and general RP. In my believe, trust based on a character's name/description never happens. But I saw quickly enough that I would never get enough support and I would only endanger myself.

Now the first problems arrived with the Mithril Sword. I wanted it, as it seemed an important/powerful item. It got me way too much attention though. The deal with Princescamp made me actually feel a bit safer since any non-innocents would go after him then. Yeah.

So the days went on and I decided to make a spreadsheet in which I logged the lynch votes. In the meanwhile every morning update was nerve racking. I wanted to stay alive, to die before I actually got to know my ability would be terrible!
The spreadsheet turned out quite helpful and I got something back quite soon when it pointed at TheForerstAuro, since I had little proof it was nice that Renata had scanned him active.

And Night 6 came, morning 7 arrived. AND IT HAPPENED.
Spoiler IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER. IT'S THE.. :

:band::woohoo:[pimp]:woohoo::band:

This was way more than I had expected. My answer was also, well see for yourself:
Spoiler :D :

So in that light I began to take a more active role and was less worried about accusing people. First stop? TFA. I also decided to defend Renata, see I was still not sure BL was innocent. Neither was I sure about Renata but I figured that we had been working well together and even if she was not innocent she had let me live and it could prove to be a bargaining chip.

I did pm BL about our connection, we talked a bit but he seemed wary to form any sort of partnership.

Now I must say around this time the paranoia kicked in I think. Renata especially seemed to have a hard time.

The crest and key.
So I got the crest which was worthless. Worthless people.
But I thought perhaps the key to the catacombs may make it less worthless.
Apparently so did everybody else. Seeing who did not want me to have both items, I must ask would anything actually have happened if I did had gotten both items?

Now time went on and the vote for the handcannon came on. I WAS WORRIED. See my bow protected me and bow < handcannon. And Ekolite was not without suspicion, I did not wanted to get blasted out of the game. Unfortunately Renata forgot(?) she had like two extra votes so that was that. On that matter I did not like Methos with his poison either.

Now my spreadsheet lit up with thomas.berubeg to be the last priest. The problem? Convincing others. "Yeah see I have this spreadsheet and..." proved not to be the most convincing answer. I did feel confident having predicted the last few people that died correctly.

At this point things behind the scenes had become unstable. Accusations were flying left and right, especially Renata and Methos seemed suspicious of each other. It gotten so bad that I got a "last will" pm from Renata. It told of all that she had found out, scans, revelations, the works. It also said that Winston Hughes was the werewolf... WAIT WHAT? The identity of the werewolf is known? The guy is killing us off! So I figured: Renata is afraid of getting killed for this knowledge and now I know it. But why be afraid I figured, if this is public knowledge nobody needs to be afraid and we can decide what to do from there on. We can publicly decide who Winston should kill. A kind of double lynch vote. It didn't happen that way.

The plan came to use the staff to skip the night. I seriously doubted what it would bring, seeing as we would still be with the same lot AND those priests/ghost who are on a timed victory may get closer to winning!

It worked and I made a fool of myself not realising Methos was not death. I actually told him my entire character in believe he was now out of the game. :lol:
Yes. If I wasn't innocent I would have told him that as well. Luckily I was.

Now this meant I also told him about my ability. I got worried that he might not believe me and use the poison to kill me. So I started PM'ing the people I believed to be innocent, like Seon, BL and Renata in which I explained my believes and the situation.

But now everybody followed the vote against thomas. :goodjob:
Of course everybody wanted to know how I knew. It was my magic spreadsheet! :king:

This started the 'battle' between Methos and myself over who were the last ghosts and possibly one more priest! There was still an evil aura surrounding the castle.

See my spreadsheet said that IF there was still one more priest it had to be Ozbenno.
But there weren't any left.

I also made a slight mistake, I've just noticed it. I put a protection vote of TFA for Princescamp as an accusation vote. Yeeh for human error, I guess. :smoke:

So fantastic game had lots of fun. A few headaches but mainly :hatsoff:

Now lets party like it's 1996!

P.S.
Looking forward to the bad guys comments on the game. Also THANK YOU FOR NOT KILLING ME!

I'd be interested in seeing this spreadsheet you made!

Chand - YOUR STORY TELLING ROCKS!!!!:band:

Here it is :) Though I doubt it makes much sense now since I continued to updated it until day 11 and thus changed a lot during the course of the game.

Attachments

• SpreadSheet.7z
    16.3 KB · Views: 164
Top Bottom