Rise of Darkness

RoD.22 Patch E
  1. Fixes the error from Patch D that removed interface
  2. Fixes the python error when a unit is killed from Patch D
  3. Adds in Art for the Bedowin Improvements

Here is Patch E is contains all of the fixes from the quickfixes and solves the hugest problem and biggest producer of CtDs in my mod: The Bedowin Art.

This error caused many CtDs in many games. In almost every game including the Malakim it would cause a crash at sometime in it. It could be triggered by exploration near Malakim land, building the improvements, trading maps and opeing the worldbuilder.

more errors

http://www.2shared.com/file/6558266/a91ceaec/python.html

For D'Tesh skelly warriors gain passive XP. I'm sure that was not intended, right?

bunch of TXT_KEY issues: txt_key_build_graveyard, txt_key_build_pyre, txt_key_unit_prophet_35, etc.

wildlander option from game menu is awful: it demands it therefore from settlers at start but no money...30gold for wildlander promo is too expensive anyway...

and why my units can't heal??

more errors

http://www.2shared.com/file/6558266/a91ceaec/python.html

For D'Tesh skelly warriors gain passive XP. I'm sure that was not intended, right?

bunch of TXT_KEY issues: txt_key_build_graveyard, txt_key_build_pyre, txt_key_unit_prophet_35, etc.

wildlander option from game menu is awful: it demands it therefore from settlers at start but no money...30gold for wildlander promo is too expensive anyway...

and why my units can't heal??

Fixed all that stuff up to Hinterlands. What do you mean by not being able to heal?

Fixed all that stuff up to Hinterlands. What do you mean by not being able to heal?

from victory settings I found an option - no healing for humans. It must be hidden option because of not available from game settings.

Quite interesting - I found the same hidden option from "Wild mana" mod mod. Has it something to do with incorporated mods? You know, better AI, better economy, etc?

No, nothing like that. I think that the game must have remembered the settings that you were using from different mods and saved them. Because both that mod and mine have a different number of gameoptions from each other it probably set something that was No espionage (Default in FfH) to No healing for humans.

No, nothing like that. I think that the game must have remembered the settings that you were using from different mods and saved them. Because both that mod and mine have a different number of gameoptions from each other it probably set something that was No espionage (Default in FfH) to No healing for humans.

in CIV4GameOptionsInfo there was among others "no healing for humans" option. I made it visible and voila! - after loading a game it was automatically in. Had to disable it.

I'd love to get more info about the "hinterlands" game option, as the first page of the thread lacks any info or comment about it :D

I really should update that. Anyways here is everything about it:

The basic idea of the hinterlands is to delay developement in the early game by limiting growth and adding new features that will for a short time create an unenterable area that has requirements to both settle and explore.

The Hinterlands in the original thread that it was proposed in.

The Hinterlands

Adds new gameoption: Hinterlands when enabled it will enable all of the hinterland features.

When the map is generated an area around each unit of 3x3 will be created in which settling, building, and travel are possible. Outside of this area all of these actions will be impossible. These plots are marked by a mouseover text that calls them "Wildlands".

There are several ways remove this wilderness. The first would be to wait for your culture to go over this area which will cause it to lose it's wilderness. The second is after turn 125 (Modified by Gamespeed) plots that are next to a culture-filled tile will lose their wilderness. The third is that after turn 250 (Modified by Gamespeed) all wilderness will be removed from the game.

The only way to settle into Wildlands without clearing them is performed by the Kuriotates who can settle in wildlands with either new cites of with settlements.

A way to get by blocking of movement is also enabled. There is a new promotion called "Wildlander" which allows the units with them to walk in wildlands. This promotion is added to your starting scout and provides +5% to the unit's healrate. Other ways to get this are that it is given by the hunting lodge building, it can be given to any unit with Combat 1 and it can be bought in the capital for 30 gold.

There are a few other ways to get through wildlands. The Promotions Orc and Werewolf (Also used as the Doviello Racial) allow movement into wildlands. Another final faction that has immunity to the wildlands is any Barbarian unit.

These are enabled anyways even without Hinterlands on but the features and terrains don't spawn:

The final feature in the Hinterlands is that some features and terrains require either a promotion or technology to enter.
  • Forest- Cartography or Elf
  • Ancient Forest- Hunting or Elf
  • Desert- Exploration or Nomad
  • Trackless Desert(Spawned in large areas of desert)- Writing or Nomad
  • Hills- Crafting or Dwarf
  • Crag(Spawned in large areas of hills)- Bronzeworking or Dwarf
  • Tundra- Ancient Chants or Werewolf or Winterborn
  • Ice- Warfare or Werewolf or Winterborn
  • Jungle- Exploration or Orc

It currently is rather costly on the gamespeed but I intend to fix that with the next patch, which should cut the time between gameturns in half.

very interesting, although it sounds a little bit too "extreme" for my taste the idea is definitely sound. it's always good to have additional game options that allow for a different game when you feel like it. thanx for the info :goodjob:

This might be stupid, but.. how do you SELL slaves? I can buy them just fine, buy as many as I want, but I can't figure out how to sell them. No spell pops up like in buying them, both bought ones and captured ones are the same thing...

Hmm, it looks like the spell should create slaves.
Code:
        <SpellInfo>
            <Type>SPELL_SLAVE_SELL</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_SPELL_SLAVE_SELL</Description>
            <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_SPELL_PLACEHOLDER_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
            <UnitClassPrereq>UNITCLASS_SLAVE</UnitClassPrereq>
	     <BuildingPrereq>BUILDING_SLAVE_MARKET</BuildingPrereq>
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]	     <bInBordersOnly>1</bInBordersOnly>
            <bInCityOnly>1</bInCityOnly>[/COLOR]
            <bHasCasted>1</bHasCasted>
            <bAbility>1</bAbility>
            <bSacrificeCaster>1</bSacrificeCaster>
            <iCost>-10</iCost>
            <Effect>EFFECT_SPELL1</Effect>
            <Sound>AS3D_SPELL_ENCHANTMENT</Sound>
            <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Spells/Slave Trade Sell.dds</Button>
        </SpellInfo>

I'll add in these lines and see if it works.

Hi everyone, can someone tell me why this save always crash on "end of turn"??

If someone can pass this turn without crash pleas uplode it so i can finish it takes me over 20h of playing i dont want ot lose all this time, i would be grateful.

Attachments

• Semai AD-0006.CivBeyondSwordSave
    871.2 KB · Views: 69
Your error is caused by a division by zero error in the AI logic for the function CvCityAI::AI_bestPlotBuild. I can't find out what is going on right now in the code but I will soon figure out which city is bugged and causing this.

Edit: Right now it looks like it is connected to you (D'Tesh). I suspect it might have something to do with him being Fallow or one of his values in his leaderhead.

Edit2: It was the City of Voidyss. First try to stop workers near it from working when you end that turn then if nothing works just delete the city in worldbuilder. It will allow you to get though that turn

Stop workers did'n help, but erese the city did. Thanks, you save me once more. I didn say it before but that was not the first time that happend. Before i just load the save from many turns before but it was frustating playing again 20 turns when you know what happend and you play it better and change something, and it helps to avoid the crash, but this time it did not. Its really great mod, i dont remember when i had so much fun, but it needs balancing and repair few minor issues. When i finish playing Legions and Nikito, i write my sugestions and ideas, thanks again cyther, for mod and help.:king:

I may have an idea what is causing the crash but I'm not sure about it. It may have something to do with the blight. How many turns is it that the blight occurs before this crash?

I'm not sure max 10 but you have save and you can see how many green faces :) are and take a pick. But not log like i sad max 10 maby less.

Here's Patch F:

RoD.22 Patch F (breaks savegames)
  1. Compatable with FfH 41D
  2. Moves more functions of hinterlands into DLL to improve gamespeed
  3. Allows the Inimici to sell slaves
  4. Fixed a python error that could occur when Auric died
  5. Fills in some TXT_KEYs and pedias
  6. D'Tesh is immune to the Blight
  7. The AI will use forts now

Top Bottom