Minor Leaders

Template borrowed from Opera's Orbis "Create-a-leader" contest.
  • (Civilization) The Bannor, The Dural, or The Shieam (Another Freaky Leader like Decius)
  • (Quote) "I have been through hell and back- do not tempt me to show you the horrors I have seen."
  • (Name) Ophelia Rosenthal
  • (Traits) Aggresive/Emergent (If Possible, AI will actively seek out Expansive, Arcane, Organized, or Raiders as a secondary trait)
    • Possible Alternative Trait Strategist Provides Tactics I instead of Combat I. Doubles the relationship benefit for "We share a mutual military struggle."
    • (Leader Relations) -1 BaseAttitude
    • (Unique Personality) Ophelia is an all or nothing strategist, and will, hopefully, build Military from the start and spark an early Crusade (if Bannor) or early wars. However, she's a Strategist, and will plan to broker in an Ally if she is in any way able to do so. If possible, she would also bribe allies into wars without actually joining in, keeping her empire safe at the expense of others. I would also sense a perpetual WHEOOHRN (We Have Enough On Our Hands Right Now) going on with her.
    • (Favorite Civic) Military State
    • (Favored Religion) Council of Esus
    • (Attitude Towards "Evil" Resources (IE: Death Mana)) -1 for Entropy Mana, +1 for Dimensional Mana ("You understand my Point of View")
    • (Gender Bonus to Attitude) No
    • (Alignment) Neutral
    • (Favorite Tech) Deception or Military Strategy
    • (Favored Unit Types) Mounted Units / Recon Units
    • (Favorite Wonder) The Tower of Eyes
    • (Hated Civic) Foreign Trade
    • (Defeat Quote) "Have you no remorse in your heart, sending me back into the Hells from which I escaped?"
    • (Religious Weights) Order: +10 FoL: -30 RoK: +20 Empy: -20 CoE: +40 OO: +20 AV:+10 Ordo Mechanos: -20
    • (Diplomacy Music) "Love Theme" from the Metal Gear Solid 4 Soundtrack
    • (Pedia Entry)
      Spoiler :
      They had left her.
      They had escaped where she had remained. Lost, cold, and alone, Ophelia had seen the bloodshed caused by both man and demon alike, and in this hell, the memories faded together where she could neither separate the demon from the man. Even Donal, the one whom had stayed behind, was as brutal and if not more lethal than the demons that chased her through the wastes.
      But neither demon nor man would ever find her. Having been abandoned, Ophelia had abandoned many of the Bannor’s fanatical approaches to survival. And it was because of this that for the first time since she had fought alongside Capria as a Secondline-Woman, she had felt the surge of hope that was nonexistent in the place like this. In this hell where she had been abandoned, she had adapted.
      “Perhaps you are more like that fool Donal than you care to admit, Ms. Rosenthal.” The voice was quick to shatter her mood as she spun around, the blade in her hand chipped and stained with the blood of many. But it pointed at nothing but the dusty winds, no foe whispering in her ear, no beast that warranted her sword through its chest. Her eyes darted to and fro, seeing nothing on the horizon.
      Seeing nothing but hearing the sounds of rope tearing, rocks tumbling against one another and the inevitable shattering as her traps had been destroyed by something. The sounds echoed across the broken fields, as Ophelia stood there watching precious hours of her labor be destroyed. As the last rock tumbled down from her makeshift rockslide, she knew that this would go on. That fleeting moment of hope was gone.
      It had been replaced by something far more sinister. A cold burning sensation on her soul. Perhaps it was the machinations of countless generations that had pushed her to this edge, or perhaps it was something else. But escape was the only option. Her head filled itself with ideas, plots, theories that she hadn’t conceived before. But each idea, each thought, was foreign and malicious.
      And it was these ideas that had whispered in her ear the only way out of hell, was to be gated out. The path up Mulcarn’s domain was too slow- she needed to be free of this wretched place. The seductive whispers of freedom filled her mind as the wastelands grew smaller to her, each step no longer taking the effort of a hundred and each day spent in the red haze she had been left in grew shorter as she found herself taking an almost macabre ecstasy from breaking each demon not of their strength, but of their will. She relished in the confusion and frustration as the enemy lost her trail, and laughed at their incompetence as she followed the whispering winds of the hells.
      Time held no meaning for Ophelia as she slipped from one vault, moving in the shadows and slipping by unnoticed. Demons no longer paid heed to her, mistaking her for another petitioner as she pushed between vaults and into her ultimate goal- the Vault of Cerdiwen. The whispers had told her where to go, how to get there, the sigils and mysteries she would need to decipher and ultimately, the way to navigate the vault. But no whisper, no false hope, no burning desire could prepare her as she slipped into the unmentionable abyss. She saw everything in the maelstrom and webways, secrets that pushed her mind to break and then break again, her perceptions shattered every instant. She perceived Furia’s torture from the view of the Balseraph angel, gazed through the eyes of Nemed as he twisted and writhed in excruciating pain under the will of Os-Gabella, and felt Flauros pierce her flesh as Taerry, the poor Calabim girl whom was nothing more than a plaything the aristocrat. But to Ophelia, she was all of these people and had seen everything through their eyes. Their pain, their fears, their sorrows, but also their hopes, their dreams, and the futures that could have been. Ophelia didn’t know if this was from the whispers or from Cerdiwen herself preying upon the trespassing Bannor, but she no longer cared as her lungs were filled with cold, crisp air. She was on Erebus again. But she had seen the visions of millions of souls, gazed into the very Avatar of Wrath as he was being formed. Things a mere mortal was never meant to see. And her very being was no longer part of her. Her gaze, where it had once been both frightened but and hopeful was now left sinister and distant. Her voice was controlled and her tone pert and quick, her temper now short but her reactions to be thought out and executed with precision. She was no longer Ophelia Rosenthal, but rather the sum of what she had seen.
    • (Diplo Text)
      • First Meeting I have seen many people walk through the palace doors- what is your reason?
      • Pleased Response I am... glad that we were able to envision a beneficial deal between our peoples
      • Annoyed Response I cannot see how that would be be the wisest course of action.
      • Pleased Greeting Welcome once more, friend. Have you experienced few hardships since we last met?
      • Cautious GreetingI see you have returned. What brings you back into my view?
      • Annoyed Greeting I do not wish to see you. Be quick so that I need not gaze upon the face of one such as you.
      • Pleased Request Perhaps you will see that this is what both of us need.
      • Cautious Request There are things that this world should never be forced to lay its eyes upon.
      • Annoyed Request I have seen things that would make even the most stalwart cower. There are things that I would make you do to see things from my perspective, if I must.
      • Refuses to Talk Leave my sight before I make you see things that would shatter your perceptions.
    • (Leader Specific Relations) See Below (If they were ever to occur in the mod :p )
      • -2 to Os-Gabella, Flauros, Charadon ("I have seen what you have done.")
      • +1 to Beeri ("I have seen your courageous actions")
      • -3 to Capria and Sabathiel ("You left me in hell!")
      • +1 to Furia ("I understand your plight.")
      • +2 to Perpentach ("You understand my point of view.")
      • -1 to Hannah the Irin (If Not OO) ("I have felt the pain of the dreamers.")

Proposed diplo text for Kane. In a recent game, I was somewhat bothered by him speaking like Varn, when I imagine him to be a completely different man.

Defeat popup:
Spoiler :
So this is how it ends? With my dying breath I curse you. May the sands swallow you up, may the vultures devour your flesh while you still live, and may your very bones crumble to dust!

Introduction text:
Spoiler :
Welcome to my palace! Gaze upon the splendors of my empire, and know that it was by my hand that all you behold was made possible.

Accepted peace text:
Spoiler :
Then we shall feast, as kin. Do not betray the trust I have put in you, and I shall return the favor.

Refuse to talk text:
Spoiler :
Begone, impudent fool, or I shall hurl you from this place myself.

Hostile greeting:
Spoiler :
Speak.

Friendly greeting:
Spoiler :
Greetings, friend of the Malakim. Blessings upon you and your kin.

• (Civilization) The Bannor, The Dural, or The Shieam (Another Freaky Leader like Decius)
  • (Quote) "I have been through hell and back- do not tempt me to show you the horrors I have seen."
  • (Traits) Aggresive/Emergent (If Possible, AI will actively seek out Expansive, Arcane, Organized, or Raiders as a secondary trait)
  • (Unique Personality) Ophelia is an all or nothing strategist, and will, hopefully, build Military from the start and spark an early Crusade (if Bannor) or early wars. However, she's a Strategist, and will plan to broker in an Ally if she is in any way able to do so. If possible, she would also bribe allies into wars without actually joining in, keeping her empire safe at the expense of others. I would also sense a perpetual WHEOOHRN (We Have Enough On Our Hands Right Now) going on with her.
    • (Attitude Towards "Evil" Resources (IE: Death Mana)) -1 for Entropy Mana
    • (Alignment) Neutral
    • (Favored Unit Types) Mounted Units
    • (Defeat Quote) "Have you no remorse in your heart, sending me back into the Hells from which I escaped?"
    • (Religious Weights) Order: +10 FoL: -30 RoK: +20 Empy: -20 CoE: +40 OO: +20 AV:+10 Ordo Mechanos: -20
    • (Diplomacy Music) "Love Theme" from the Metal Gear Solid 4 Soundtrack (File Avaliable at request)
  • (Pedia Entry) Under Construction
  • (Diplo Text) Coming Soon

Hmm.. Another cross-civ leader, for the Bannor. Interesting. :lol:

Setting the AI to go after one of those traits should work. Could do a rand on gamestart, based on that, have the AI setup to go after one or the other...

Not sure I could get her to convince others to go to war, beyond getting them to join her own.

Proposed diplo text for Kane. In a recent game, I was somewhat bothered by him speaking like Varn, when I imagine him to be a completely different man.

Defeat popup:
Spoiler :
So this is how it ends? With my dying breath I curse you. May the sands swallow you up, may the vultures devour your flesh while you still live, and may your very bones crumble to dust!

Introduction text:
Spoiler :
Welcome to my palace! Gaze upon the splendors of my empire, and know that it was by my hand that all you behold was made possible.

Accepted peace text:
Spoiler :
Then we shall feast, as kin. Do not betray the trust I have put in you, and I shall return the favor.

Refuse to talk text:
Spoiler :
Begone, impudent fool, or I shall hurl you from this place myself.

Hostile greeting:
Spoiler :
Speak.

Friendly greeting:
Spoiler :
Greetings, friend of the Malakim. Blessings upon you and your kin.

I like it. :goodjob:

Spoiler :
    • (Attitude Towards "Evil" Resources (IE: Death Mana)) -1 for Entropy Mana
    • (Alignment) Neutral
    • (Favored Unit Types) Mounted Units
    • (Diplomacy Music) "Love Theme" from the Metal Gear Solid 4 Soundtrack (File Avaliable at request)
  • (Pedia Entry) Under Construction
  • (Diplo Text) Coming Soon

Hmm.. interesting, but, unless you could get her to change her religeous prefrence by civ, you could have Shiem under Order, or Bannor under AV. Not really anything wrong with that, but it would defineatly create some interesting situations...

Hmm.. interesting, but, unless you could get her to change her religeous prefrence by civ, you could have Shiem under Order, or Bannor under AV. Not really anything wrong with that, but it would defineatly create some interesting situations...

She's not exactly your standard Bannor anymore. The reason why it was Bannor/Dural/Shieam was to exemplify that what she had seen could easily shift between "Purge those that seek to do what I have see.", "We must build towards a greater vision." or "I have seen the end." type of things. But her fragmented perception could easily put the Bannor under the "False Hope" aspect of AV or the Shieam under the "Destroy those that seek to break the order. Everything must have an end." of the Order.

Putting a randomization on the Trait path would be a good way to exemplify this elsewhere as well. I was tempted to say "Aggresive/Expansive/Arcane/Insane" but then realized that Emergent would be a far better choice.

Updated with Pedia and Diplotexts.

I never said it was a bad thing, in fact, I would be quite thrilled to see evil AV Bannor, or good Order Sheim. However, if the Sheim go under Order, they're largest mechanic (pulling Erebus into hell, or rather vice versa) would be made much more difficult (possible, but difficult). Still, it would be very interesting...

I never said it was a bad thing, in fact, I would be quite thrilled to see evil AV Bannor, or good Order Sheim. However, if the Sheim go under Order, they're largest mechanic (pulling Erebus into hell, or rather vice versa) would be made much more difficult (possible, but difficult). Still, it would be very interesting...

I've had Order Shieam before (although, I was being Order Calabim) fighting AV Elohim, so its not unheard of. Hopefully this character will bring something different to the table that the other leaders don't. Although, whether this character gets in or not is entirely up to the poll. In the mean time, I'll continue to tweak various things.

It's Palgadee though :)

And you can find the pictures in my mod, since they come from here.

I see one is just pedia text. ;)

As for the rest... I could use all but Talos. Could even use the text for him, but he'll play differently in my version. :p

It's Palgadee though :)

And you can find the pictures in my mod, since they come from here.

Will do. :goodjob:

Updated Ophelia with specific leader relations. I believe that she's finished, now to get back to work on Goodreau.

Too bad FF+ hasn't that yet :p
And I really should add the justification text...

Spoiler Goodreau's Pedia Entry :

Despite the road from Junon to Midgar being the oldest in the Grigori republic, Goodreau still jumped as the coach bumped and bucked from the cobblestone path. He had ridden along it hundreds, if not thousands of times as he traveled between the cities, Midgar a place of legislature, of law, of reason, and Junon a place of commerce and trade. Between these two cities, the man had a tight grip on the running of the empire. Where Cassiel was content to stay in his terrace and philosophize, Goodreau was where he worked best- amongst the people, where he could see everything from the perspective of a citizen rather than a revered philosopher. Perhaps that was why Cassiel had left the whole business of market regulation and economics to him.
Or perhaps it was because that he was the most driven to simply do more. Where others saw taxation as a representation of interference, Goodreau saw it as an opening to expand and improve. Where before, the Grigori stayed apart from the adventurers, afraid of their exaggerated strength and skill, Goodreau saw the opportunity to create idols for the people, paragons of Cassiel’s philosophy. Where before, only the few most successful members of the society had access to the benefits of Grigori Medics, Goodreau saw an opportunity to raise the standard of living and made apprenticeship amongst the Ordo Medicos a state-sponsored program. Where before, the Grigori cities were small and distrustful, their agnosticism as fiery as the passion of a Confessor, Goodreau joined with Cassiel to open the city gates to anyone- religious or not, and let them realize that one’s faith is not needed to succeed.
“But perhaps you see why that’s the case, Sir. Help fund the temples to the One.” The Luonnotar had joined him on his journey as to not waste precious time. “Strength comes from unity, and unity can come through faith.”
“You seem to misunderstand, my brother.” Goodreau shuffled through some of the papers, flipping through the large portfolio. “The Grigori are united through their freedom. They have the freedom to chose whether or not they seek the aid of a god to do their work or whether they chose to accomplish something based on their own merit. We’re no theocracy. We’re a meritocracy.”
The other man shook his head, sighing heavily as he folded his hands. “Every man, Grigori or not, owes his existence to the One. And when the One returns, Erebus will be set in equality.” He looked into Goodreau’s eyes, his own pleading softly. “If you were to fund the temples as you had funded the Adventurers, it would prove that we were moving closer to the return.”
Goodreau gazed out of the carriage’s window, mixing together a reply so as to not damage the man's hopes. Out the window, the dark forest already filled with the ever familiar mists that permeated the swamp. But the grey haze combined with the man’s words sent a cold shiver down his spine and a familiar whisper in his ear.
“Don’t worry, father. Everything will be fine in the end.”
As he turned towards the Luonnotar, Goodreau smiled, shuffling through the papers. “We have no more room in the official budget. However, I am a merchant, and I see an opportunity here. I’ll give you a chance to spread your faith amongst the people as I have let all religions do so, and you will have a stipend to construct a temple in Midgar. But hear me well- we are no theocracy. Everyone has the right to chose. No choice should ever be made for them, whether it be man or woman, son or daughter.”

This is not the Seven Page behemoth as, when I substituted it into my game files I got XML errors and CTDs. I think that there's a sort of limit on these things. So this one is about the length of the others, a single page in length and it follows almost the exact same plot. The only difference is that I expanded in far more detail the scene between Goodreau and his daughter.

Enjoy!

I know I probably won't be able to use the Minor Leaders code in anything until Modular Python gets worked out, but would you mind if I ported the Minor Leaders back down to FF as Modules in some way?

I want more leaders and personality types down there >_>

Spoiler Goodreau's Pedia Entry :

Despite the road from Junon to Midgar being the oldest in the Grigori republic, Goodreau still jumped as the coach bumped and bucked from the cobblestone path. He had ridden along it hundreds, if not thousands of times as he traveled between the cities, Midgar a place of legislature, of law, of reason, and Junon a place of commerce and trade. Between these two cities, the man had a tight grip on the running of the empire. Where Cassiel was content to stay in his terrace and philosophize, Goodreau was where he worked best- amongst the people, where he could see everything from the perspective of a citizen rather than a revered philosopher. Perhaps that was why Cassiel had left the whole business of market regulation and economics to him.
Or perhaps it was because that he was the most driven to simply do more. Where others saw taxation as a representation of interference, Goodreau saw it as an opening to expand and improve. Where before, the Grigori stayed apart from the adventurers, afraid of their exaggerated strength and skill, Goodreau saw the opportunity to create idols for the people, paragons of Cassiel’s philosophy. Where before, only the few most successful members of the society had access to the benefits of Grigori Medics, Goodreau saw an opportunity to raise the standard of living and made apprenticeship amongst the Ordo Medicos a state-sponsored program. Where before, the Grigori cities were small and distrustful, their agnosticism as fiery as the passion of a Confessor, Goodreau joined with Cassiel to open the city gates to anyone- religious or not, and let them realize that one’s faith is not needed to succeed.
“But perhaps you see why that’s the case, Sir. Help fund the temples to the One.” The Luonnotar had joined him on his journey as to not waste precious time. “Strength comes from unity, and unity can come through faith.”
“You seem to misunderstand, my brother.” Goodreau shuffled through some of the papers, flipping through the large portfolio. “The Grigori are united through their freedom. They have the freedom to chose whether or not they seek the aid of a god to do their work or whether they chose to accomplish something based on their own merit. We’re no theocracy. We’re a meritocracy.”
The other man shook his head, sighing heavily as he folded his hands. “Every man, Grigori or not, owes his existence to the One. And when the One returns, Erebus will be set in equality.” He looked into Goodreau’s eyes, his own pleading softly. “If you were to fund the temples as you had funded the Adventurers, it would prove that we were moving closer to the return.”
Goodreau gazed out of the carriage’s window, mixing together a reply so as to not damage the man's hopes. Out the window, the dark forest already filled with the ever familiar mists that permeated the swamp. But the grey haze combined with the man’s words sent a cold shiver down his spine and a familiar whisper in his ear.
“Don’t worry, father. Everything will be fine in the end.”
As he turned towards the Luonnotar, Goodreau smiled, shuffling through the papers. “We have no more room in the official budget. However, I am a merchant, and I see an opportunity here. I’ll give you a chance to spread your faith amongst the people as I have let all religions do so, and you will have a stipend to construct a temple in Midgar. But hear me well- we are no theocracy. Everyone has the right to chose. No choice should ever be made for them, whether it be man or woman, son or daughter.”

This is not the Seven Page behemoth as, when I substituted it into my game files I got XML errors and CTDs. I think that there's a sort of limit on these things. So this one is about the length of the others, a single page in length and it follows almost the exact same plot. The only difference is that I expanded in far more detail the scene between Goodreau and his daughter.

Enjoy!

I like it, though I'm sorry to hear the full beast didn't work. :lol:

I know I probably won't be able to use the Minor Leaders code in anything until Modular Python gets worked out, but would you mind if I ported the Minor Leaders back down to FF as Modules in some way?

I want more leaders and personality types down there >_>

Feel free! Most of the leaders don't actually have unique personalities... A few that I changed do, but Notque never gave them any. :lol:

There's actually very little python involved... A few event calls, and then the list responsible for what happens in the event. Should be able to do it 'modularly' if you get FF to just adopt the python, as it all checks for the Minor trait. Will never run for a normal leader.

For Goodreau's information.
Spoiler Leader Statistics: Goodreau :

Civilization
The Grigori

Traits:
Emergent/Meritocrat (Emergent/Merit)
MERITOCRAT: Doubles the Adventurer Spawn Rate.
Side Note: Would allowing the UB Museum which gives a priest slot as well as the spawn rate boost be over powered?

Religious Weights
Not needed, as he is a Grigori.

Personality
Goodreau is a builder, with a focus on finances. He will focus on building commerce buildings (like the market) or buildings that give specialist slots (Like the Museum). He is an honorable fellow and will not declare at pleased. However, he will be tough to buy into going to war, and in diplomacy will always try for a fair deal. A fair deal being one in his favor, but also helpful to his friend.

Favored Civic
Liberty

Hated Civic
Slavery
Creator's Note: Why does he sound like Erebus's Abraham Lincoln?

Favored Wonder
Bazaar of Mammon, but that's a National Wonder, so any "Commerce" wonder will be just fine.

Attitude
+2 Base Attitude.

Diplomusic
I personally have it set to Winners by the group, Nuttin but Stringz, which has done some pretty amazing work with the violin. However, I'm not sure whether this is copyrighted or not, or perhaps a bit out of theme for the mod. I would suggest The Merchant Theme from the game "Secret of Evermore", as that would fit more in theme with the mod.

Diplotext
Coming Soon!

Defeat Quote
"We are remembered by our successes and failures. I may be remembered by my failure here, but you too will be remembered for your failure in due time."

For Goodreau's information.
Spoiler Leader Statistics: Goodreau :

Civilization
The Grigori

Traits:
Emergent/Meritocrat (Emergent/Merit)
MERITOCRAT: Doubles the Adventurer Spawn Rate.
Side Note: Would allowing the UB Museum which gives a priest slot as well as the spawn rate boost be over powered?

Religious Weights
Not needed, as he is a Grigori.

Personality
Goodreau is a builder, with a focus on finances. He will focus on building commerce buildings (like the market) or buildings that give specialist slots (Like the Museum). He is an honorable fellow and will not declare at pleased. However, he will be tough to buy into going to war, and in diplomacy will always try for a fair deal. A fair deal being one in his favor, but also helpful to his friend.

Favored Civic
Liberty

Hated Civic
Slavery
Creator's Note: Why does he sound like Erebus's Abraham Lincoln?

Favored Wonder
Bazaar of Mammon, but that's a National Wonder, so any "Commerce" wonder will be just fine.

Attitude
+2 Base Attitude.

Diplomusic
I personally have it set to Winners by the group, Nuttin but Stringz, which has done some pretty amazing work with the violin. However, I'm not sure whether this is copyrighted or not, or perhaps a bit out of theme for the mod. I would suggest The Merchant Theme from the game "Secret of Evermore", as that would fit more in theme with the mod.

Diplotext
Coming Soon!

Defeat Quote
"We are remembered by our successes and failures. I may be remembered by my failure here, but you too will be remembered for your failure in due time."

I like the trait... Could possibly drop the spawn boost and add the building, but with 100% I think the building would be too strong.

Again, I don't think FF+ has HatedCivics yet :p

Ah, but it IS one thing I plan on stealing. :lol:

Top Bottom