Epic Mod

dexters

Gods & Emperors
Supporter
Hi please, help me test this new mod. Rules are slightly edited for the epic game. Should support all map sizes and difficulty.

This mod is designed as a workaround on the two major bugs in C3C and to improve the workings of Fascism, the AI's favorite government when at war.

As the name of the mod would indicated, the 'Epic' mod is designed as a revised ruleset for Epic games.

v.1.0 version notes

----------
Palace
-Produces Army every 80 turns

Fascism
-Assimilation Chance changed from 2% to 4%
-Corruption changed to Minimal from Nuisance
-Unit support now 5/8/10
-10 Free Units
-Diplomats are Veteran
-Is immune to steal technology

-Submarines/Nuclear Submarines now have Hidden Nationality

*Mod is zipped. To use, download file, Unzip and place into your scenario folder inside Civ3 Conquests/Complete

Attachments

• EpicMod.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 333
When I first designed this, I ran half a game to make sure the armies popped out properly, but this is my 1st debug game I'm running to the end (no human players in this game)

The armies are working wonderfully. 7 of 7 all got to built military academies/pentagons, and several if not all built a hero epic too. The results are stunningly good. The pentagon is wonderful and truly makes the AI field some fiece stuff. Watching 2 AI go to war each with each own stack of armies is very nice.

:king: You'll note Egypt has 6 armies. As of the time these screenies were taken, I was at turn 350, so only 4 armies would have popped for them. The other 2 were either lead>army or generated by their military academy (I was not able to spot the AI actually building an army in the cities with the academy)

Here's the wonderful thing. It takes out some of the randomness out of AI's inablity to manage armies so this actually helps them (they will still put in a mish mash of 1 move and 2 move units) but because armies come in 80 turn intervals, the later ones usually get loaded with their latest units. So it's not uncommon to see an army loaded with 3/4 or 4/4 cavalry for example.

I encourage everyone to try it out. I'll run this debug through to the end to watch the submarine behavior.

Attachments

• persia.jpg
    persia.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 354
  • egypt.jpg
    egypt.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 318
Just a quick update,

I am planning a major update of the mod in the coming weeks.

Spoiler :

- Upgrade on underused PTW/C3C units (still testing how AI handles their build priorities so things may change)
- A tweak to Fascism. (AI now likes it way too much because of the minimal corruption and increased unit support and large AI empires switch to fascism even at peace time to escape unit maintenance)
- and more...

As always, the purpose of this mod isn't to add new things, but to adjust the existing 'epic game' rules to make fix the things that were left broken and to enhance the overall experience.

Top Bottom