[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Thank you, I look forward to playing 2.8

Since I'm at an university, I have super-fast Internet access. Just tell me a website you prefer that can hold over 300 MB file and I will upload and link it here. Be sure it is completely free, please.

Deleted Lite one because it became too unpopular.

Hello,

I just uploaded 2.8full. Click the link before.
I will upload to more sites if they are suggested.

Download RoM2.8(Full) from Atomic Gamer
And don't even complain about wait time! Suggest other sites instead!

To Zappara: You can go ahead and use this link in your CFC Download page. Since this is your work anyway. I just uploaded it, that is all.

Use Rapidshare or Hotfile or just set up a TORRENT zomg !!

Hotfile is used already by the poster above. Now Rapidfire requires the file ot be 200 mb or less. I don't know how to split my file into parts in order to upload there.

As for torrents, read more carefully please. I downloaded it from Zappara's torrents already. You can easily download from there :).

Can't wait to give this a go, but all the posted links are blocked by a web filter for me. If anyone can post to a site that is not blocked it would be great. Thanks.

Presumably you're using your own computer in your own home? Just disable your filter.

Quick Question:
I recently installed ROM version 2.8 and when I was building a monument (I was the French). It said that it would produce 1 culture when instead underneath it said "Actual .9 Culture" (or something like that). Why did I lose .1 culture? If you don't understand I can supply a picture later on.

Quick Answer:

Some civics reduce (or increase) the amount of culture you produce. I can't remember which one, but one of your initial civics reduces culture production by 10%.

Note that this is a VERY cool feature, and it even works with things like Cothons (it calculates the effect of additional trade routes, and if that trade route would yield food and hammers (with Barter), it calculates that too!), and Fishermen Huts.

I almost jumped for joy when I saw, under the text for 'Irrigation Canals' Actual +7 :food:

Mmmmm :D Yum yum.

Quick Answer:

Some civics reduce (or increase) the amount of culture you produce. I can't remember which one, but one of your initial civics reduces culture production by 10%.

Note that this is a VERY cool feature, and it even works with things like Cothons (it calculates the effect of additional trade routes, and if that trade route would yield food and hammers (with Barter), it calculates that too!), and Fishermen Huts.

I almost jumped for joy when I saw, under the text for 'Irrigation Canals' Actual +7 :food:

Mmmmm :D Yum yum.

Indeed, this feature is really nice!
It helps me keep better track of the output of cities & the actual happy effects you get from resources who need a building to provide a happy face ^^.

Recently managed to be the first to build the pyramids in a game but i didn't get a free irrigation canal in any of my cities despite all but one of them being on a river. Do they get given when i have researched the tech that gives me access to irrigation canals or is it a glitch and i should have got them?
I'm not keen on the new method of setting up a single player game. I've tried it 3 times so far and every world i've started has not had any marble or salt resource on any land mass and only 1 stone resource. When i used the standard game creator and chose custom continents i didn't get an option to choose how many continents i wanted and was left with 2 very large continents instead of the 6 i prefer.
Manually adding the stone marble and salt resources is a chore i could do without when all i want to do is play the game.

I'm not keen on the new method of setting up a single player game. I've tried it 3 times so far and every world i've started has not had any marble or salt resource on any land mass and only 1 stone resource. When i used the standard game creator and chose custom continents i didn't get an option to choose how many continents i wanted and was left with 2 very large continents instead of the 6 i prefer.
Manually adding the stone marble and salt resources is a chore i could do without when all i want to do is play the game.

I have this same problem with lacking enough of these common resources, especially stone. This actually was a problem in the last version too.

I do love the mod and appreciate all your great work though.

Great mod! Kept me up until 4 am last night playing. :lol:

One question, though - is there any way for me to get rid of the "4 per city" limit on world and national wonders? That limit really doesn't mesh at all well with my playstyle.

Great mod! Kept me up until 4 am last night playing. :lol:

One question, though - is there any way for me to get rid of the "4 per city" limit on world and national wonders? That limit really doesn't mesh at all well with my playstyle.

Go to RoM's Assets\XML folder, find the file "GlobalDefines.xml", search it for "MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY", you should see the limiting number 4 beneath it. Change it to another number, or set it to -1 to remove the limit entirely. Same goes for "MAX_NATIONAL_WONDERS_PER_CITY".

@JanusTalaiini Open the GlobalDefines XML file that is here: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of mankind\Assets\XML and find this line: MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY. Change the number to whatever you like. -1 make it unlimited.
Edit: Supercheese beat me to it.;)

Is it possible to have modular Audio xml files in Rise of Mankind?

Top Bottom