[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

After recent experiences I really must say that this is the most stupid feature in the whole MOD. I really don't understand why the AI ships do not sink at all. Just when I think I have my remote continent for myself, the opponents can sail across the globe with huge fleets of galleys and attack me wherever they like. It spoils the game fun for me. :sad:
I do not want to play every game as if I was on a pangaea map.

Join the club. I hate it too.

That said, if you want the fix, just grab my modmod's. The seafaring modmod resets it back to the way it used to be.

Join the club. I hate it too.

That said, if you want the fix, just grab my modmod's. The seafaring modmod resets it back to the way it used to be.

Thanks for your "compassion".
Just downloaded the "Seafaring" modmod - I hope I installed it correctly. Tomorrow I am going to start a new game and see if it works the way it is supposed to.
It would be nice if one could choose the behaviour of the ships in the options menu.

First you need to have salt inside your borders. Then build a quary on it and connect it to your city with a road.

You'll see in this print screen that I have salt as a resource, yet my butchery is not yielding the +1 health. Can anyone explain what's wrong here?

Attachments

• RoM2 screen-jpg.JPG
    RoM2 screen-jpg.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 113
A little premature, since the next version will likely be out in a week, but I'll seed some anyway. ;)

I didn't know that, I'm gonna complete my game as Australia on the genghis kai world map first anyways.

Had to try more then 10 times to download the mod due to the crappy host in combination with an instable network.

I didn't know that, I'm gonna complete my game as Australia on the genghis kai world map first anyways.

Had to try more then 10 times to download the mod due to the crappy host in combination with an instable network.

It's okay. Want to start the next torrent when 2.8 comes out? I'll seed it for a while.

Unfortunately, with the modmod caravels cannot enter the ocean either. Is this intended?

Yes/No. I just set it so all ships before Astronomy. If you really care, it's not hard to edit those files and change it for caravels.

You'll see in this print screen that I have salt as a resource, yet my butchery is not yielding the +1 health. Can anyone explain what's wrong here?

You are getting the health bonus for salt at the butchery. The problem is that only the building list only shows basic building health, whereas the resource list shows the health from the resources. If you check a city connected to the salt which does not have a butcher then the salt resource will appear in the "strategic" resource column ie the first column with no health bonus beside it. In cities with butcher salt appears in the health resource column is middle column with +1 health. It should be +2 if you also have a fishernam's hut.

Hi,

currently a get a "waitng for cother civilization" bug. Nothing happens. I have tred to load an older save game. Bt the bug still appereas. What can i do ? Its possible to debug ? Is there an save game editor (top patch the turn counter...) Could you help me please ?

Cheers

Hi,

currently a get a "waitng for cother civilization" bug. Nothing happens. I have tred to load an older save game. Bt the bug still appereas. What can i do ? Its possible to debug ? Is there an save game editor (top patch the turn counter...) Could you help me please ?

Cheers

No way around it, but the good news is that it has been fixed for the next version, which will be out within a week.

It's okay. Want to start the next torrent when 2.8 comes out? I'll seed it for a while.

Sure, but only if the host used for 2.8 is crap.
I do recommend the creaters to use the torrent system to their advantage if they can't find a decent host.

Sure, but only if the host used for 2.8 is crap.
I do recommend the creaters to use the torrent system to their advantage if they can't find a decent host.
I'll definitely seed RoM mod and Afforess's modmod.

You are getting the health bonus for salt at the butchery. The problem is that only the building list only shows basic building health, whereas the resource list shows the health from the resources. If you check a city connected to the salt which does not have a butcher then the salt resource will appear in the "strategic" resource column ie the first column with no health bonus beside it. In cities with butcher salt appears in the health resource column is middle column with +1 health. It should be +2 if you also have a fishernam's hut.

Hoskuld, you are the man!! Thanks for explaining that. Another quick question: is there any way to limit the # of civs when using the RevolutionMod? I started out with 10 civs and now I have like 25, which is grinding my 2001-era laptop to a halt (7-10 minute wait between turns!).

Top Bottom