Beta Testers Needed!

Afforess/all,

Auto-ran a game all night last night with 1.54 and the Megapack. No CTDs or any errors, finished with a mastery victory on standard map, marathon speed (whatever the 780 turn speed is).

Toward the end game (I was autosaving on every turn) -- saves were occurring between 2 and 3 minutes each -- regular ROM would be between 5-7 minutes each between saves.

Im playing with beta 1, but its still a enjoyable experience. However, im unsure about culture borders. It seems they cant expand/capture hostile ones. When hovering it, the culture point values show something along of the line of one million points for the enemy empire In addition, if an enemy uses a ship to conquer a terrain, i cant get it back, even though im pumping massive culture into that direction. Is this fixed, or is it even known ?

Loading times are very, very good.

DRJ,

I'm autoplaying Eternity speed game now, and noting down the turns of each era. I will make the new turn increments and should have a new form of GameSpeedInfo for Eternity by tomorrow at latest.

It is an experiment to see if I can do it as a preparation for final revision of gamespeeds with new TECH final date. I will make your game end as 2500 CE since I see it as your preference in the poll :).

Im playing with beta 1, but its still a enjoyable experience. However, im unsure about culture borders. It seems they cant expand/capture hostile ones. When hovering it, the culture point values show something along of the line of one million points for the enemy empire In addition, if an enemy uses a ship to conquer a terrain, i cant get it back, even though im pumping massive culture into that direction. Is this fixed, or is it even known ?

Loading times are very, very good.
If you have fixed borders enabled in the game (ie either Afforress beta or addon) then no, you cannot use culture to get that tile back. You'd need to repeat the process of capturing that tile back with a ship if ocean/coast, or a land unit for well...land. I'll have to dredge it up somewhere but if you have fixed borders, you will know if you have any of the default civics active:
dexy said:
CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT
- CIVIC_REPUBLIC
- CIVIC_FEDERAL
- CIVIC_DEMOCRACY
- CIVIC_COMMUNIST
- CIVIC_FASCIST

CIVICOPTION_POWER
- CIVIC_VASSALAGE
- CIVIC_PARLIAMENT
- CIVIC_PRESIDENT

CIVICOPTION_SOCIETY
- CIVIC_NATIONALIST

CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY
- CIVIC_PLANNED
- CIVIC_CORPORATIST

CIVICOPTION_RELIGION
- CIVIC_STATE_CHURCH

Afforress, another small error. It says that you need Democracy active to build Villas instead of Patrician like it says in the civilopedia.
Also, I've narrowed down a small issue that has to do with the sound of the megapack civs. It has to do with the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in your realistic diplomacy folders and the conflict in the ones in the leaderheads folders. I'm attempting to fix those now.

Also, I've narrowed down a small issue that has to do with the sound of the megapack civs. It has to do with the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in your realistic diplomacy folders and the conflict in the ones in the leaderheads folders. I'm attempting to fix those now.

If so, it is probably related to my work on updating an entire load of LHs from new LHs and civpack to RD. I'm Deaf and music is irrelevant to me so I ignored them when editing into new RD files for LHs. Now it is up to you to correct music for these eras if it is what you are talking about.

If so, it is probably related to my work on updating an entire load of LHs from new LHs and civpack to RD. I'm Deaf and music is irrelevant to me so I ignored them when editing into new RD files for LHs. Now it is up to you to correct music for these eras if it is what you are talking about.
Now I'm back to square one. I now know it has nothing to do with those files, it has something to do with another set of files I'm currently investigating.

os79, I'm sorry you're deaf. Maybe one day, we'll have the technology to fix that. I'm sure you'd find a lot of the music in the world to be beautiful.

Now I'm back to square one. I now know it has nothing to do with those files, it has something to do with another set of files I'm currently investigating.

os79, I'm sorry you're deaf. Maybe one day, we'll have the technology to fix that. I'm sure you'd find a lot of the music in the world to be beautiful.

Offtopic:
Be warned, that phrase, though honestly felt and stated, is audist statment. Don't say that to any Deaf person unless they had ever been a hearing person and remember it. We Deaf people view ourselves as cultural/linguistic minority more than handicapped people. We are only disabled because of the society.
Offtopic ended

Offtopic:
Be warned, that phrase, though honestly felt and stated, is audist statment. Don't say that to any Deaf person unless they had ever been a hearing person and remember it. We Deaf people view ourselves as cultural/linguistic minority more than handicapped people. We are only disabled because of the society.
Offtopic ended

but in a sense, you can listen to "music" deaf people I know tend to lean towards the heavy metal stuff, with bass so they can feel the music

Afforess, I have had MAFs happen on ingame reloads with vanilla Rom. It is no big deal as it just makes you restart the game.

Sigh
It looked like i'm the only one that got a nasty bug with this beta
I got this bug since beta 2
At first i think it's compatibility issues, since i used ANM, DH's,OS79's GS's and ULP modmod too.
So, i try a new clear ROM installment(without hotfix an anything else.Just your's and the unloaded modules), than installed beta 4(file name said AND 1.50 beta 4, but when i open the setup, it said AND 1.52 beta3.Is it the problem?).And i still got this nasty bug.
The bug is, i someone(could be me or an AI) always got a a score victory on the second turn!Then few turn later, someone would win another score victory!It really ruin the game...

NB:There's also a load of error message in game(not in a like window when you got xml error) that looked like related to phython.Do you need to see that message?.

Other than the audio issues (and occasional CTD's, but those are a completely different story), are there any other bugs?

If not, I'll begin preparations for a 1.50 official release. Probably next week, barring any game breaking discoveries.

Other than the audio issues (and occasional CTD's, but those are a completely different story), are there any other bugs?

If not, I'll begin preparations for a 1.50 official release. Probably next week, barring any game breaking discoveries.
Afforress, another small error. It says that you need Democracy active to build Villas instead of Patrician like it says in the civilopedia. AFAIK, that's about it. I've been at it all day tinkering with the sound files to see what the issue is with the sound. If I don't get it, I'm sure someone will catch the issue. I do see that I may have a possible solution though. How do you get the AudioDefines.xml to read from a different folder? I'm attempting to see which one that the current one is reading so I can fix it. I found and fixed the audio.log issue with generalstaff's leaderhead pack though. You can find it here if you are using GeneralStaff's Unofficial Leaderhead Pack 2: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8675316&postcount=46

Afforress, another small error. It says that you need Democracy active to build Villas instead of Patrician like it says in the civilopedia. AFAIK, that's about it.

Okay, I'll fix that...

I've been at it all day tinkering with the sound files to see what the issue is with the sound. If I don't get it, I'm sure someone will catch the issue.

The work-around is simple. Mind-numbingly simple. For each leader, copy all the audio references from their LeaderHeadInfo.xml files to the Realistic Diplomacy folder.

The reason for this is because of a bug with WoC where the game forgets the paths to the audio, and just throws some garbage values in.

The problem with this work around is that there are roughly 100 files to fix. That's 100 tedious copy-n-pastes to make, which I'd rather avoid, if possible. However, I have made no head way in the SDK department, so this work around may be necessary.

If your willing to do it for me, I'd be eternally grateful.

For Modders and Modmodders,

I updated my Modder's Guide to reflect all the new additions in A New Dawn Beta4. I've approximately doubled the amount of new XML fields, a bunch of them are not used at all, or under exploited... I'm sure you can put them to good use. I'll release updated schemas with the official release.

If you have specific XML tag requests, I'll take some requests once AND 1.50 is officially released.

The work-around is simple. Mind-numbingly simple. For each leader, copy all the audio references from their LeaderHeadInfo.xml files to the Realistic Diplomacy folder.

The reason for this is because of a bug with WoC where the game forgets the paths to the audio, and just throws some garbage values in.

The problem with this work around is that there are roughly 100 files to fix. That's 100 tedious copy-n-pastes to make, which I'd rather avoid, if possible. However, I have made no head way in the SDK department, so this work around may be necessary.

If your willing to do it for me, I'd be eternally grateful.
Yeah, I'll do that. I like Ataturk's music and I've been trying to figure out how to get it to work properly all day. I'll have it for you sometime Friday.

Also, if you could just upload for me the civ4leaderheadinfo.xml files from zappara's megaciv pack, I can get it done faster. I max out at 115KB download speed and that's if I'm lucky. I just need those xml files and nothing else that way I know what to copy and paste from.

Thank you for that. ACH! It adds another 111 leaders to the workload. Meh, I can do quite the lot per minute. I'm just getting kinda bored with it. As I said, I'll have it for you tomorrow but I will upload the part for GeneralStaff only pack users tonight before I go to bed. Now that I see some of the leaders in Zappara's pack, I'll probably have it download tonight before I go to bed :D. I feel like pitting GWB against Putin and Gorbachev :mischief: .

Unless it's just me, I see a bug. I added OS's chop with purpose and idle proc, but I don't think that could cause what my victory conditions screen looks like:
Spoiler :

should have read the known bugs. but i don't see listed TXT_KEY_CIVIC_GUILDS_STRATEGY being missing.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 248
Unless it's just me, I see a bug. I added OS's chop with purpose and idle proc, but I don't think that could cause what my victory conditions screen looks like:

Spoiler :

Yes, I know about this. I am working on a solution.

Hey, Afforess, I'm having an issue, apparently I'm now working blindly here. I have been doing the whole copy/paste thing that you said and apparently I might be doing something wrong. It still gives the China music and I can't figure out why. Maybe you can see what I am doing wrong. I'll upload the an edited version of what I've done.

Attachments

• RealDiplo_Ataturk_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 60
Hey, Afforess, I'm having an issue, apparently I'm now working blindly here. I have been doing the whole copy/paste thing that you said and apparently I might be doing something wrong. It still gives the China music and I can't figure out why. Maybe you can see what I am doing wrong. I'll upload the an edited version of what I've done.

No, that file is correct.

Run the WoC_Installer in your Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules folder. The reason you are having sound issues is because the sound has not yet been integrated with the XML, since modular audio works funny.

However, you still need to fix all those XML files... :(

I've changed my own audio to be modular from now on, and have the WoC_installer run from my modmod installer. So that won't be an issue in the future...

Top Bottom