SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

RE; everything Terryman has been saying.

It seems that once one of the weaker civs bring in an insane amount of cash by various other players in order to have that one more guy declare war on someone, they will somehow continue to do this for ever. As I posted about earlier, Uruguay somehow managed to rake in slightly over 2million gold in return for declaring war on, basically the world. Somehow (!!), they survived for nearly three more years (39 in game turns), and more than doubled that amount. In the mean time, other small-er-ish powers (Chile, Philippines, Persia) had also increased their treasuries to well over the million mark, while the major powers (Europeans, Japan & US) all were struggling in the low thousands.

Well i kinda found a problem with Italy, not a bug just something annoying, It seems like Britain always Fortifies ships in the Suez so you can't go through [Near Alexandria and Aden] so my transports in Asmara are pretty much stuck unless I would travel by Land... =( has happened two games in a row. I don't know what to do? It would seem that shipping RM by land by getting RoP would be the easiest, any suggestions?

Well i kinda found a problem with Italy, not a bug just something annoying, It seems like Britain always Fortifies ships in the Suez so you can't go through [Near Alexandria and Aden] so my transports in Asmara are pretty much stuck unless I would travel by Land... =( has happened two games in a row. I don't know what to do? It would seem that shipping RM by land by getting RoP would be the easiest, any suggestions?

That's what I do as Germany - get RoP with Britain and trolley all the RMs up to Alexandria, then ship them up to A-H territory or something. Once Africa has a decent railway system in place it cuts travel time to a couple of turns.

On a similar note, I think that blocking of the Suez Canal or its brother near Aden is part of what causes Britain to stick a lot of ships in Gibraltar - I had a pack of Adm. Spaun CLs blocking off the Sicily-Tunisia pass through the Mediterranean, and the very interturn I moved them, dozens of GB ships started pouring through the Pillars of Hercules. Chalk it up to the AI knowing where everything is and not moving if they wouldn't be able to move through it now, I guess.

thanks for the comments all :)

i've been making changes to the biq and anticipate a v4.1 will be released. i've made all corrections pointed out thus far.

notes on a few of them:

added Colonialism to Santiago de Cuba. probably the most grievous bug.

fixed the Naval Shipyards for Canada and Australia. it indeed was the "reduces corruption" flags and the "forbidden palace" effect. as Sima Qian noted, there are some issues w/ this and the game engine. the testers will recall the issue we had w/ the Sudwester Military Academy...where we couldn't build it. i removed the "reduces corruption" flag from it and it cured the problem. not sure why the game engine responds like this (it's not the wonder 'reduces corruption' trait). but if removing those flags works then i'm ok w/ that :)

Naval Stations had the same issue as well. removed is the 'reduces corruption' flag. these imp's are for the non-colonial civs and are the first to grant vet sea units. its Industry-civ counterpart: Naval Base

fixed a bunch of the busted links - through 10 Dec @ 12:53 PM EST

re the gold accumulation thing - we saw it in testing and could not explain it. it seemed like Persia was the civ who was raking it in like that. again, like Vuldacon noted a page or two back, there were some whacky bugs w/ the gold that were patched over by the game developers and some things may not have been 100% stable. this is pure conjecture though :D

don't forget to DL the patched Romfell unit from post1, pg1.

thanks to all who helped spot things.

addit1 : one of the testers noted that there's an error w/ the US Chauchat MG unit. seems there were some inadvertant settings that prohibited it from being built - fixed.

addit2 : there are a few other buildings that have that 'reduces corruption' issue: Army Air Corps, Intl Customs Port, Askari Barracks (vet units instead), Provincial Legislature (+2 happy instead of +1), Colonial Prison (removed +1 unhappy, 0 unhappy) -- each had the 'reduces corruption' flag removed.

addit3 : range omission error in the editor: italian SPAD VII

addit4 : range omission error in the editor: austrian Gotha G IV

addit5 : patched in the Unit Sound files by General 666

addit6 : fixed rate of fire omission for US Nie17

addit7 : new Ottoman overseas cav unit name : Camel Cavalry

Union Defense Force wonder for the Brits in S Africa and the Egyptian Expeditionary Force wonder for Cairo have been modified - each spawns the respective unit AND they grant vet ground units (and allow for upgrades if req'd resources are available). both specialized units can not be built (S Africa Inf WW1 could in v4.0).

addit8 : some civp bad links and Balcans didn't have the free tech Colonialism. so they couldn't operate the colonial city builds. fixed.

Hi El Justo thanks for continually improving whats already a great scenario. I posted this a few pages back and dont know if this is a oversight:

I have a question about the German dreadnought Kaiser II BB. It's attack and defence are the same as the ship that obsoletes it the Konig Class BB. In the discription the Kaiser is listed as weighing 11k tons with 4 x 9.4in guns. The Konig's discription seems to indicate its much tougher with 25k tons and 10 x 12in guns yet they both have the same strengths of 36 attack and 28 defence. Was there a mistake made?

El Justo:
Will the updated biq (4.1) require a new game? Or can we keep playing previous saves?

there will be a new biq file, if that is what you mean.

here's what i'm going to do:

upload a 'patch' for those who have already DL'ed v4.0; it will include a Text folder only (ie the CivP fixes).

i'll upload a new biq, v4.1, as a standalone DL.

i'll re-upload the entire AoI zip again; it will include all of the fixes in one file. it'll have the Sudwester splash fix, the Romfell fix, and the updated Text folder.

this doesn't mean that players have to start over immediately. instead, you could DL the text folder and keep going if desired. to play w/ the biq fixes (corruption issue for imp's, missing colonialism resource, and the US Chauchat error) though will require a new game

lastly, if anyone has spotted anything and hasn't posted it yet, please send the info to me and i will review it and incorporate it if needed :) pm's please. thank you.

If its not too late i found one more thing wrong with the CivP, [That is if you haven't already fixed it or know about it]
Under "Russian Sea Units, Battleships" it says "Kearsage Class" it goes to the Imperator Pavel I Class so its not that bad. Just letting you know

So Tibet can be a bit of a cash cow apparently....

WOWZA! They must have been paid a lot to declare war on me... For those of you who don't want to open it, they have almost 3 million gold!

Why does the city have 65 pop on the first turn?

The game starts in 1895 ....

It does ... two lines up from the current date, where it says when the city was established.

@ Narn. That doesn't seem right (ship stats as listed in the civlopedia and it looks like the Kaiser II link goes to the original Kaiser class).

Kaiser class dreadnaughts and Konig class dreadnaughts had very little difference between them even with the Konig being a later class.

I posted this reply in post 5499 in regards to Narn's question.

My bad on the specifics of the Luftwaffe. It did not come into official being until 1933, but did not suffer all the name changes that affected the other services after WW1, which was one of the points I was trying to make. ;)

Top Bottom