NotW XXXI: It's a Long Story (Game Thread)

TheForestAuro

Whisper in the Trees
Night of the Werewolves XXXI: It's a Long Story

This is the Game Thread.

There are a few things you should know.
[-] There is No Innocent Team. Everyone in this game belongs to a faction.
[-] Everyone has an Ability. Everyone has an Item, to start.
[-] There is no Victory Condition Scanner, or Faction Scanner.
[-] There will be no copypasting ANY conversation, PM, or correspondence. Paraphrase.
[-] There is no talking during the day.

This is what an Innocent PM would look like, if there was an innocent team.
You are the Innocent Councilor

Role: Innocent, Unlucky Loser
Race: <Nationality> <Race>
Alignment: <Good, Neutral, or Evil>
Strength: 0(0) <Base Strength, Effective Strength>
Faction: Innocent
Item:Spatula (+0 Strength)[One-Hand Slot] <(Item Effect),[Slot Occupied]>
Income: 0 gold/day

Ability: Get Totally Killed at The Start - You have the ability to get killed at the start of the game for tutorial purposes.
Personal Goal: Get killed at the start of the game. If you do so, you will gain an extra use of your ability, which you can use next NotW.

How Wealth and Income Work
[-] All wealth is generated during the Day Phase. Every time a Day Phase ends, you generate your income. I will keep private track of your total wealth, but I would encourage you to do so as well.

[-] Gold can be used in a variety of ways, typically to power abilities. On top of this, certain events will unfold as the story progresses that will give you opportunities to spend your gold on Undercouncil decisions. These might seem like a mystery now, but you'll get what I mean when you see it.

[-] Anyone can put an item up for Auction. Simply PM me the item you intend to auction and the starting bid, and the bidding will last for an entire day. Whoever has the highest bid at the end of the period will receive the item and you will gain the money.

Injuries and What They Mean
Injuries are a part of this NotW. There are a variety of ways to become injured, but precious few to reverse the injury.

[-] Injuries heal on their own one full day after they are received. If you are informed that you are injured During the Evening, you will be uninjured the following Evening.
[-] Injured players cannot take actions or activate items when injured. Players with passive abilities still keep those abilities even when injured.
[-] Injured players cannot resist a lynch. Unless receiving some sort of benefit from an outside source or passive ability, they will always die when uncleanly lynched. Note that this does not prevent other effects of an Unclean Lynch from affecting accusers.

Spoiler Spiffy Line Break :
------------------------------------------------------------------

With the flurry of activity since the previous night's murder, the Undercouncil was understandably a bit jittery, what with the rumors of intruders in their midst. Still, this wasn't the Elohim Royal Playground - work needed to be done, and matters had not been settled yet on a number of very important diplomatic and fiscal issues. It was decided that despite the danger that the Council would continue meeting, as business around Erebus could not simply shut down for one man's violent threats.

The night's activities took a turn for the boring some time around midnight. The argument had shifted to Lanun oyster tariffs and the Innocent Councilor found himself staring off into the distance as the others around him droned and argued about whether or not the Lanun monopoly was worth breaking into. One side, it seemed, favored leaving the business alone and approaching the fisherman for a 'protection fee'. The other side argued that by breaking into the business and selling at aggressive prices, massive profit could be made. It was sickeningly mundane.

But out of the corner of his eye, a flash of a cloak revealed movement in the hallways behind him, and he snapped back to alertness. As the trade agreements roared on, he excused himself from the table, stepping into the recesses of the caverns beneath the city to investigate the source of the movement.

Drawing a long, silver knife beneath his cloak, he quietly peered around the corner of the second turn, eyes scanning the hallway. Eyes opening wide, he let out a terrified yelp and turned to run back, but even as he spun he made contact with something hard and recoiled, falling on his back. Staring up, he saw one of the other councilors had followed him here, and was now standing over him with a humorless expression turned to face him.

"Weren't supposed to see that, TheForestAuro. I had hoped to spare you."

And then a flash of steel.

Spoiler :
The Innocent Councilor TheForestAuro was Innocent!

Spoiler :
Nightwatch Grunt A had been payed off by disciples of Mammon!

Nightwatch Grunt B had been payed off by disciples of Mammon!

Nightwatch Grunt C had been payed off by disciples of Mammon!

Spoiler :
The "Mammon" Faction has been eliminated!

Innocent Councilor - TheForestAuro [KILLED DAY 0] Innocent!

Confident Councilor &#8211; tuxedohamm
Inscrutable Councilor &#8211; civplayah
Intriguing Councilor &#8211; Csargo
Large Councilor &#8211; Diamondeye
Perceptive Councilor &#8211; Love
Robed Councilor &#8211; Methos
Sinister Councilor &#8211; Omega124
Sly Councilor &#8211; Renata
Strong Councilor &#8211; Stuck in Pi
Captain of the Nightwatch &#8211; Backwards Logic

Priest of Coldest Midnight &#8211; Bad Player [KILLED DAY 2] Priest of Winter!
Thrallherd &#8211; Autolycus [KILLED NIGHT 1] Octopus Overlord Cultist!
Dreamwatcher &#8211; Beefy187 [KILLED NIGHT 2] Octopus Overlord Cultist!
Entropy Mage&#8211; Disquisition [KILLED EVENING 5] Amurite Observer!
Metamagic Mage &#8211; Earthling [KILLED DAY 6] Amurite Observer!
Svartalfar Diplomat &#8211; J-man [KILLED NIGHT 4] Svartalfar Assassin
Svartalfar Assasssin - CivGeneral [KILLED DAY 6] Svartalfar Assassin
Disbarred Confessor &#8211; johnhughthom [KILLED NIGHT 3] Ex-Bannor Fugitive!
Former Paladin &#8211; TheLastOne36 [KILLED NIGHT 6] Ex-Bannor Fugitive!
Empyrean Vicar &#8211; Krill [KILLED EVENING 2] Hazlett Town Guard!
Information Broker &#8211; Nictel [KILLED EVENING 3] Hazlett Town Guard!
Calabim Assassin &#8211; j65536d [KILLED NIGHT 4] Calabim Vampire!
Calabim Bloodpet &#8211; AskThePizzaGuy [KILLED EVENING 6] Calabim Vampire!
Veil Sorcerer &#8211; CCRunner [KILLED DAY 5] Ashen Veil Cultist!
Ritual Murderer &#8211; choxorn [KILLED EVENING 5] Ashen Veil Cultist!
Ashen Martyr &#8211; Niklas [KILLED EVENING 5] Ashen Veil Cultist!
Conniving Taxman &#8211; Seon [KILLED DAY 3] Disgruntled Merchant Infiltrator!
Alchemist &#8211; sprig [KILLED DAY 4] Disgruntled Merchant Infiltrator!
Fellowship Healer &#8211; Winston Hughes [KILLED EVENING 4] Ljosalfar Recon Unit!
Ljosalfar Ranger &#8211; Zack [KILLED DAY 6] Ljosalfar Recon Unit!

-----------------------------------

Evening One - Innocent Councilor TheForestAuro is slain by a mysterious attacker.
Night One - Niklas and J6 vie for the Silver Knife, while the question of Doviello membership is posed to the Council.
Day One - Niklas receives the knife, the Doviello are shunned, and Autolycus is killed by a Vampire Attack

Evening Two - Krill is left hanging for dead, and things don't seem to be looking up.
Night Two - Beefy187 lies mangled on his throne, Sprig becomes a black hole for item votes, and Niklas becomes a blood fountain.
Day Two - Bad Player is lynched in a close race, revealing that Mulcarn has spies here, as well.

Evening Three - Nictel is found dead in a gutter, and J65 survives an arrow to the chest.
Night Three - A Night strangely free of death...
Night Three, Extended - Alas, it was too good to be true. Johnhughthom "bites" the dust.
Day Three - Seon is discovered as a merchant infiltrator, and Disquisition becomes rich.

Evening Four - Winston Hughes is poisoned, and Zack keeps himself alive.
Night Four - J65 "bites" his last, and a strange pendant goes up for vote.
Day Four - Sprig joins his brother Seon in hell.

Evening Five - A bloodbath ensues. Niklas, Choxorn, and Disquisition all lay dead, though CivGeneral has healed.

NotW XXXI: Evening One

Gathering around the corpse, the remaining councilors all wondered who amongst them would commit such a crime. Peering at each other with distrust, they took one last look at TheForestAuro before returning to their table to discuss both the rest of the day's issues on the agenda and what had just transpired, although they seemed markedly less shocked than one might expect them to.

The day was young - it was likely that at least four more assassination orders would make their way out into Erebus from the commands of the Undercouncil. It was, however, unnerving that outside orders had seemingly done the same to their own little cabal, and not a single one of them could push that mortal worry out of their minds.

(Note:The first phase will last exceptionally long so everyone can get on track and understand the game has started.)

It is now EVENING ONE
Income has been generated!
Accusation Votes are in BLACK
Support Votes are in GREEN
Votes for the Silver Knife are in Blue
It will take 2/3s of all votes cast to successfully lynch someone today.
43 Hours Until Night Phase!

The Timid Councilor cowered in the corner, eyes darting from person to person with a look of abject fear. When he spoke it was in a tiny, meek, shivering voice...

Don't kill me... Please don't kill me... :scared:

In the shadows he sat. Silent.

In the shadows he tried to sit, silent, but another councilor was there.

Blend into the crowd be tried to do but amidst thecrowd was a dead body which caused him dizzyness and other unpleasant things

he then noticed that eyes were on him. He openedhis mouth to speak:

"Hello! :)"

"Never liked that rat anyways. But the knife's nifty. I could use a weapon like that - never know when you need a knife, and in silver, even..."

Commentary: my house is buried under 1-3 feet of snow and is suffering from a blackout. Thankfully 3G network works but I don't know when power will be restored. Just letting you guys know that.

Commentary: my house is buried under 1-3 feet of snow and is suffering from a blackout. Thankfully 3G network works but I don't know when power will be restored. Just letting you guys know that.

That`s better than potentially 8 hours a day of black outs spread out in 2 hour gifts from Chavez himself!

The inscrutable councilor was was scrutinizing other councilors. All of them looked dangerous. That's the point of the Undercouncil, right? To get the most dangerous people in one room to wreak havoc upon the rest of the world. Sadly, today, the chaos was right in the Council itself.

The Sinister Counselor was not at all pleased from this acts. Immediately, thoughts started going everywhere in his brain. "Illuminati", he muttered. "They must have done it". Leaning over to the Innocent Counselor, he stated, "Why him? There's got to be a reason why they took him, not another".

I have no one to accuse or support, but I could use that knife.

Wrong. Only I am fit to hold the knife

As I am the Wise Councilor, clearly I should be the one in possession of the knife.

I for one, being educated, see an unmistakable parallel to a certain Pirate King council going on here.

For that reason, I must vote Myself for the knife

The outspoken councilor stepped forward, raised her voice and said: "A member of the council murdered? This is absurd! And I see everyone is voting for them selves to get the knife, I might as well do the same! It will be in good hands.

Top Bottom