RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

This game as the archon's can be played past this turn. Not sure why but it CTD directly, this with the latest patch applied.

Tried going back a couple of turns as well but it always crashes here.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0106.CivBeyondSwordSave
    334.3 KB · Views: 48
I have some forested ocean tiles this game. A blind guess I have involves something with ice and kelp/coral placement, as I have only seen this with end of winter ticked on.

ver 1.22.2 oh, and nice unicorn :lol:

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0053.CivBeyondSwordSave
    256.3 KB · Views: 50
Playing as Duin, my doviello are not starting with mark of the wolf. In fact, it's not even attatched to my palace like it used to be. Is this a result of those modmods listed under the download instructions?

I'm getting a CTD when I click "End Turn" on this savegame, using the 1.22.2 flavor patch for RifE. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit version. If you need any logs, let me know.

Attachments

• Earth Verocchio Turn_0303 CTD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    754.1 KB · Views: 40
I've noticed pretty huge slowdowns turn 300+. Turn 375+ gets really bad.

Dropped down to small size map... maybe that'll help.

I've noticed pretty huge slowdowns turn 300+. Turn 375+ gets really bad.

Dropped down to small size map... maybe that'll help.

The python has been extensively optimized in the next version. Grey Fox did an excellent job on it; Speed is about the same in the early game, but is at least 25-30% faster in the mid-late game.

Hyborem spawned on Peaks in my last game. Made him unable to found a city or do anything else.

And Blight either still gets applied twice to player cities or it really needs a nerf. One of my cities with size 25 got hit with 73 :yuck:! My other cities got high :yuck: as well. Only two of them didn't starve down to size 1. Was a Hotseat game and the other player actually got sane Blight results.
Took the screenshot after 5 turns, was 73 at first.

Attachments

• Blight.jpg
    Blight.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 83
Not sure if it belongs here or in Erebus Continent.

Anyway, frozen started out on the southern edge of the continent from what I can tell, but not sure when they came in. It seems they were a little crowded by the Doviello. For whatever reason, they decided to walk north. By the time I saw them, they were in the middle of the continent on the edge of Bannor territory (I'll bet if the Bannor gave them open borders they would have kept going... there was a lot of unsettled tundra further north).

They just sat there with their starting mini-SOD. A few of his units poked around but the settlers just sat there. Finally, on turn 264, they established their capitol right in the middle of the desert. ;) Turned it all ice of course.

Anyway, long story. What's the bug? Might be that they started too close to other civs, and had no place to settle. Might be they were too picky in starting location. Might be that if they had no room, they wouldn't DOW to go find room (not DOW to fight, but DOW simply to walk through someone else's territory).

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    113.1 KB · Views: 58
Anyway, frozen started out on the southern edge of the continent from what I can tell, but not sure when they came in. It seems they were a little crowded by the Doviello. For whatever reason, they decided to walk north. By the time I saw them, they were in the middle of the continent on the edge of Bannor territory (I'll bet if the Bannor gave them open borders they would have kept going... there was a lot of unsettled tundra further north).

I'm assuming that the attached file is version 1.22, as it failed to load for me.

I'm assuming that the attached file is version 1.22, as it failed to load for me.

You can't really see anything there anyway, it's just the initial game save.

Here's a screenshot.

I'm getting a CTD on turn 194 with my recent Austrin game. I took a look at the WB to see if there was anything unusual causing it, but I couldn't find anything. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Howard Turn_0194.CivBeyondSwordSave
    266.9 KB · Views: 54
In Wildmana they had resolved their faerie forest growing into sea already (at least, they say so in the changelog; while 1.23 RifE sea forest is still prolifterating)
and what in the name of holy is that? (of course, it must be a bug; see screenshot)
Little offtop lol: now i know that tiberium is really but a creation mana

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 95
In Wildmana they had resolved their faerie forest growing into sea already (at least, they say so in the changelog; while 1.23 RifE sea forest is still prolifterating)
and what in the name of holy is that? (of course, it must be a bug; see screenshot)

First off: I have still not seen a good picture of this issue you mention, nor have I seen it in my own games. Please, provide decent proof of it, rather than point to a blacked out tile. :p

Second off, the Wild Mana issue would be completely unrelated. In your post, you mention the Faeries; That civ is not in RifE, and will not be. The basic idea is already in game in the form of the Ljos/Svarts. I'm also of the opinion that it breaks the Princess Rule, which I will not do (Well, beyond a practical joke or two :p). The growth of the Faerie forests is handled in python, which has NOTHING to do with how forests grow normally.

As for the screenshot: That one is a bug. Only thing I can think of is that a UF was created (The Angel, or the Bair of Lacuna) and then somehow removed. Most likely choice would be the angel, and an issue with the python negating the level requirement. Could you post a save of that game? Best would be of the turn you took that image, and the initial game save; That way I can compare the plots.

Clones created with the Black Mirror from an immortal unit are immortal aswell, causing them to respawn in your captial each turn when their duration runs out.

Which D'tesh (or everyone else with an immortal Archmage) this could possibly be used for a fun exploit: Constantly use the Mirror until you have the desired number of clones, relocate your captial to a city close to an enemy, wait a turn to let the clones respawn there and then summon an army of Wraith each turn :D

Hyborem spawned on Peaks in my last game. Made him unable to found a city or do anything else.

And Blight either still gets applied twice to player cities or it really needs a nerf. One of my cities with size 25 got hit with 73 :yuck:! My other cities got high :yuck: as well. Only two of them didn't starve down to size 1. Was a Hotseat game and the other player actually got sane Blight results.
Took the screenshot after 5 turns, was 73 at first.

Is this actually a bug? I'm getting the same thing in my game.. although it migh be important to note that I'm running sacrifice the weak. Does that affect blight results?

I'm playing as the Ljoslfar and I researched the Knowledge of the Ether tech, but for reasons that I can't explain, it would appear as though i am unable to build a mage's guild.

Attachments

• THIS IS... EVERMORE!!!!!!!.CivBeyondSwordSave
    495.7 KB · Views: 54
I'm playing as the Ljoslfar and I researched the Knowledge of the Ether tech, but for reasons that I can't explain, it would appear as though i am unable to build a mage's guild.

This is the same as a few other military buildings, (fletcher and archery range included) they do not appear on the build menu when a building has been completed. You can however still build them via the city screen.

captured a bear to take home to entertain, but he is blocked from entering my city. using latest version 1.23...

edit: figured out why, hes winterborn, and the city is on a desert hill.

This is the same as a few other military buildings, (fletcher and archery range included) they do not appear on the build menu when a building has been completed. You can however still build them via the city screen.
I think Valkrionn fixed this for 1.3, but I am not sure...

Top Bottom