A New Hope: A Star Wars Mafia Game (Sign-Ups)

Zack

99% hot gas

Welcome to A New Hope: Star Wars Mafia Game! We (choxorn and I) have worked our butts of on this, and we hope that everyone enjoys it. This game is largely based on the movies - all six of them. The game is as balanced as we can humanly attempt to make it (thank you askthepizzaguy for agreeing to look over everything to check for balance. :goodjob:)

If you have any questions about anything pertaining to the game, feel free to ask me or choxorn your questions. If you have any questions or concerns about the game or Star Wars background information, feel free to consult the following:

Unless your Ability specifically states otherwise, your abilities are Night actions.

Rules

GAME PHASES
The Game is divided into alternating DAY and NIGHT Phases. DAY is 48 hours long. Night is 24 hours long. The phases will not always be exactly that time length, since that is impossible. The length of the phases will be approximate.

FACTIONS
The vast majority of players will belong to a specific faction. The members of your faction are your teammates, not your enemies.

STRENGTH
Every player in the game has a strength stat. However, unlike most Mafia/NotW games on here, strength is based on a scale of 1 – 10 (as opposed to 1 – 5). So what does strength matter? It matters for night kills. If you are attacked at night, one of the following situations will take place (not considering abilities/items):

Situation: Your strength is equal to your attacker’s strength.
Result: You leave the fight unscathed.

Situation: Your strength is 1+ lower than your attacker’s strength.
Result: You die.

If you are the attacker at night, one of the following situations will take place (not considering abilities/items):

Situation: Your strength is greater than your victim’s strength.
Result: You kill your victim.

Situation: Your strength is equal to your victim’s strength.
Result: You leave the fight without injury, but so does your victim.

Situation: Your strength is 1 lower than your victim’s strength.
Result: You are injured.

Situation: Your strength is 2+ lower than your victim’s strength.
Result: You die.

Your strength will always be listed as: Base Strength (Effective Strength)

ITEMS AND ABILITIES
Players have items, abilities, and other effects usable to influence the game. For anything which is not passive, either choxorn or I must receive a PM at the appropriate time detailing your action. Item transfers will require consent of both players.

INJURIES
Players can be injured during night attacks (see: Strength) or because of an ability or item. When a player is injured, they cannot use any of their abilities. However, injured players can vote and use items. Injuries last until both a Day Phase and a Night Phase have passed.

CREDITS AND INCOME
Players have credits (money) and income is generated at the end of each Night Phase. Credits can be used to purchase items that are up for sale and to hire bounty hunters. Credits will be listed as: Credits (Income)

BOUNTIES
Any player may anonymously put up a bounty for another player. If you wish to put up a bounty, PM me or choxorn. If the bounty is claimed, then that person will attempt to kill the player. If they succeed, they will get paid by the player who put up the bounty (anonymously). The amount of credits a bounty is worth MUST be specified when it is put up. Anyone can put up a bounty, but not everyone can claim one unless your Role PM specifically states that you can.

AUCTIONS
A player can put an item up for auction, and other players may bid on the item. The item will go to the highest bidder. Anyone can bid on an item put up for auction. If your Role PM does not specifically state that you can put items up for auction, then you cannot. The highest bidder will pay the player who put the item up for auction. (This is all anonymous for the player that puts up the auction, and don’t worry, choxorn or I will automatically subtract or add the money.)

LYNCHES
Every player MUST vote during the Day Phase for a player to be lynched by the town. Votes must be bolded; retractions struck through. Voting is mandatory, and if you continue not voting, then you will be WOGed. A vote to Abstain counts as a vote. If Abstain receives the most votes, no one will be lynched.

Support votes take away ½ of a lynch vote against a player, and will ALWAYS be rounded down (i.e. If someone has 5 lynch votes for them and 9 support votes for them, they will still be lynched).

Role PM Format

Character Name

Faction Faction
Abilities: Ability – Ability Description
2nd Ability – 2nd Ability Description
Items: Items
Credits: Credits (Income)
Strength: Base Strength (Effective Strength)
Victory Condition: Victory Condition
Personal Goal: Personal Goal

Background Information

Example:

Chuck Norris

Faction: Texas
Abilities: Roundhouse Kick – You can vigilante kill a player each night.
Bulletproof – You are invincible.
Items: Cowboy Hat – Infinite Strength
Credits: ∞ (∞)
Strength: 10 (∞)
Victory Condition: Innocent
Personal Goal: Kill every single mafia.

You are Chuck Norris. You can do anything you want, because you're Chuck Norris and you can. Chuck Norris doesn't wear a bulletproof vest, bullets wear a Chuck Norris – proof vest. Unfortunately for the Mafia, they do not. So kill 'em all, Chuck!

(Don't worry, your background information won't be this poorly written)

VICTORIES AND GOALS
Each player has a main Victory Condition and a Personal Goal in their Role PM. Keep in mind that while achieving both will earn you a total victory, your main Victory Condition is 60% of your victory, and your Personal Goal is only 30% of your victory. Survival to the end of the game is the final 10% of a player’s victory.

There are 3 different main victory conditions in the game. Each player has only ONE of these three:
Innocent: Eliminate all Mafia factions.
Evil: Eliminate all innocents and other Mafia factions.
Money: Have the most credits when either an Innocent or Evil victory condition is met.

GENERAL RULES (copied from Earthling with minor adjustments)

1) Be active and participate! You do yourself and everyone else a favor by contributing to the game. Communication with other players is key. Feel free to use the CFC PM system as well as other methods of communicating, such as e-mail or IM, if you wish. You may also set up your own QuickTopic, or you can have a GM (choxorn or I) set one up for you. Participating in a QuickTopic is entirely optional, but highly encouraged.
2) Never quote, copy, paste, forfeit, or otherwise try to present anything sent to you from choxorn or I, the GMs. You may paraphrase information but you are strictly forbidden from directly quoting/forwarding PMs sent to you by a GM.
3) Quoting, forwarding, etc… of communications from other players in the game IS PERMITTED. Be aware of how others may be trying to manipulate your information. But also, be reasonable to your fellow players and paraphrase when necessary.
4) Players who are dead may post in the public thread and comment on already public information in a way that does not overly influence the living. They may not communicate novel information about themselves or others. The dead will otherwise comply will all instructions from the GM, including no other contact outside the game thread in any way with any living players or otherwise further participating in the game in an influential manner. Dead players may communicate with the GMs or other dead players, and dead players can feel free to send a GM your opinions, theories, etc. about the game.
5) ALL players will be diligent in checking for PMs from the GM and following GM instructions before other actions- Especially with each Day/Night update. It would be unfortunate to see a situation where a player dies and has not read the PM telling them they are dead or something similar resulting in inappropriate game-thread posting. Dead players may be further informed of circumstances regarding what they are allowed to do/say – so everyone be careful you don’t get privileges like being able to comment at all while dead removed for everyone.
6) Before each Game Update there may be a lockout period where posting is disallowed; it will be mentioned by a GM. Players are encouraged to avoid last minute posting/voting etc… if at all possible, though of course a GM will try to count everything before the time for a write-up cutoff. Note: Players MAY talk on the game-thread during the NIGHT PHASE of the Game, as the Rules stand currently.
7) Roleplaying is encouraged in thread and outside of it too. And of course, you should chiefly aim to achieve your character’s goals and victories however you see best see fit. Try to avoid outside baggage and play within the spirit of the game.
8) Abide by all Forum rules at all times.
9) Always feel free to ask me or choxorn for clarifications on anything. We can’t promise every question will be answered, but if you ever feel we’ve made a mistake or need something made clearer, feel free to ask. This includes dead and living players.
10) Don’t be afraid to think outside the box…and have fun and good luck!

(Thanks to Earthling for the basic format of the rules.)

The villagers all knew their place in the town of Lucasville. They were to go by the script that His Majesty George Lucas wrote for them. If some of them happened to die in the script, so be it. If some of them happened to end up murderers, fall to the dark side, or betray those whom they love – so be it. The script was the law. If the script said to do it, you did it. No questions asked. None. His Majesty knew what was best for all, and the script he provided was to be followed at all costs. All the residents of Lucasville agreed to this and accepted their fate.

But then something happened. Some of the villagers…. ignored the script. The horror was too much to contemplate. Go against the script? T’is blasphemy! These unspeakable horrors must be dealt with, and quickly, before they convinced other villagers to go against His Majesty’s script. The rumor circulating around the Lucas Cantina was that the disobedient ones had even… murdered without the script telling them to do so.

Beware of those who do not follow the script….

1. DrumStudent
2. Krill
3. Renata
4. TheLastOne36
5. remake20
6. CivGeneral
7. Earthling
8. landlubber
9. Winston Hughes
10. Khazaar
11. johnhughthom
12. PaulusIII
13. Autolycus
14. civplayah
15. Arakhor
16. Double A
17. Takhisis
18. classical_hero
19. Bad Player
20. taillesskangaru
21. Kennigit
22. Love
23. Nictel
24. Shadowbound
25. j65536d
26. Seon
27. thomas.berubeg
28. TheForestAuro
29. Methos
30. Stuck in Pi
31. Pevergreen
32. Capt Blackadder
33. Sepuku
34. SS-18 ICBM
35. Lord OST
36. Niklas
37. Secura
38. wideyedwanderer
39. link16
40. RRRaskolnikov

Reserves
1. Csargo
2. Virote_Considon
3. Owen Glyndwr
4. Romanichine

First post!!!!! I am definitely in!!!! I love star wars!

I want to be an Ewok. :p

(In.)

I think the game should not start until after the "Darn Those States" game is complete. Have some time for people to sign up and stuff, make sure you've got all the kinks worked out, those kinds of things.

I'm taking Antilles - they guy has to be the only unkillable player the game.

That support vote thing, Zack --

Say Player A has 8 votes against him and no supports.
Player B has 9 votes and 1 support.

What's the outcome?

That support vote thing, Zack --

Say Player A has 8 votes against him and no supports.
Player B has 9 votes and 1 support.

What's the outcome?
I might be inclined to go with player strength, but there's an equally good chance of deciding the outcome with this.

If something like that happens in the game, choxorn and I will meditate, discuss, listen to the Force, and make a decision.

I might be inclined to go with player strength, but there's an equally good chance of deciding the outcome with this.

If something like that happens in the game, choxorn and I will meditate, discuss, listen to the Force, and make a decision.

So in other words it would be 8 to 8, a tie. Ok cool.

(The tie-breaker was another question, so thanks on that one.)

In I think. I have to read the rules first.

Ok, you dont need to ask me if I can join! :p

(And yes that's an in if you cant figure that out :p)

The chaIN of "Thanks to previous GM for Rules format" grows longer. Perhaps I should specifically thank Camikaze, and recent NOTW hosts before him, better since my rules format was in good part based on standards/clear ways to put things around around here.

Looking forward to this a lot though! Sounds great. askthepizzaguy had better be Jabba the Hut, I'll say that in advance ;)

askthepizzaguy had better be Jabba the Hut, I'll say that in advance ;)
Unfortunately, he can't play due to time constraints. But he said he would look over our stuff to double check it for balance.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Frozen In Ice joined and was assigned Han Solo.

Why would Askthepizzaguy play as Jabba the Hutt. It's not like Pizza the Hutt is going to make an apperance! :p

Why would Askthepizzaguy play as Jabba the Hutt. It's not like Pizza the Hutt is going to make an apperance! :p
Not entirely sure if you're being serious or not, but I'll pretend that you were anyways.

In NotW: It's a Long Story, ATPG was the Bloated Councilor, and he posted a picture of Jabba the Hutt every post he made in the game thread.

Top Bottom