Celtic Fury

After writing stories for the first couple of events, I realized how long it would take me to write a story for every event. So, from now on this will be a Story/Game hybrid. But now, to the game.

Chapter IV: The Medieval Wars
Part 1: A Two-Front War​

110 BC- The CDS Entremont finds the Arabians in Alaska. They aren’t advanced, but they are in the Middle Ages. That’s probably from an advanced West Coast civilization or the Persians who are a couple techs behind me.

IBT- I wasn’t expecting much to happen but then the Sumerians moved a horseman into my territory followed by this message…

Well. That’s just great. I’m now at war with a North Asian power in the Ancient Age. I press enter and the horseman attacks and defeats a regular Pikeman in Gergovia. Surprisingly this is the only combat from the Sumerians. This is a first in the game, the first time an AI civilization has declared war on me. I guess that’s what I get for going with Super-aggressive AI. The pikeman will be avenged, but the Japanese are my main concern at this time, the Sumerians will face the wrath of the Celts eventually. Gilgamesh, after all, is a warmongering fool.

90 BC (IBT) - Two veteran Sumerian horsemen attack the 8th Gallic Swordsman in Gergovia, the first is killed without any trouble, and the second one results in the 8th GS being promoted to elite, my first.

70 BC- With no Sumerians in my territory, I decide to make an incursion into Iroquois territory. To my surprise they have at least one Musketman guarding the city. I quickly build an embassy in Salamanca and…

They have SIX Musketmen in Salamanca alone. After this I try to get them into an alliance against the Sumerians, they refuse. But, they will take a ROP from me, an I agree. With my diplomacy done, I move in the 8th Gallic Sword to attack the original Sumerian offender…

The 8th Gallic Swordsman Division was the most experienced in the entire Celtic Army. Having been the defenders of Gergovia for over 40 years, and having fought and killed over 1000 Sumerians, they knew how to fight. But their current commander was not satisfied with this policy of defense and crossed the plains to the Iroquois border.

At dawn the Sumerians were shocked to see Celtic forces bearing down upon them. The officers rallied the men and mounted their horses. They then charged out of camp to give battle to the Celts. However, the Sumerians were operating at half-strength, while the Celts had 1000 swordsmen.

With first contact, the Sumerians were able to kill 200 swordsmen from their advantageous position above the Celts. But then they met Vercingetorix. He led his men to chop off the Sumerian horses’ legs and then butcher the fallen rider. After only an hour, all 400 horsemen lay dead. To commemorate Vercingetorix’s victory the Celtic Army named him a hero, and ordered him to Entremont. When he arrived they would decide what they should do with his awe-inspiring bravery.

So yes, I got my first leader out of a war I wasn’t expecting. Thank you Gilgamesh, your death will be swift because of your service to the Celtic people.

50 BC- Vercingetorix arrived in the capital and was greeted by King Brennus himself. King Brennus explained to him what he would be assigned to do for the remainder of his life, which would be as long as he fought well against the enemies of the Celts. Vercingetorix was assigned command over 2400 Celtic Knights, the most powerful division of the Celtic Army. With his command and immortality ensured, Vercingetorix was ordered to the Japanese border where he would lead the upcoming war.

With the arrival of Vercingetorix I built an army and filled it with 3 Knights and sent it to the border.

Meanwhile, the CDS Camulodunum makes first contact with the Koreans and Babylonians. The Babylonians have no visible coastal cities, and are not advanced. The Koreans have even fewer technologies than the Babylonians, and are the least advanced civilization that I know.

10 BC- The 13th Gallic Swordsman Division retreats after cutting an Enkidu Warrior’s numbers in half. Then the 11th Gallic Sword is killed by an elite archer taking 3/5’s damage. With my last available Gallic Swordsman, the 12th Division, I kill the Enkidu that had been halved earlier.

With combat outside of Gergovia done I move on to the Japanese. My forces are finally ready, and I make it know to Tokugawa that he is now at war with the Celtic Empire.

Immediately, my army, under the control of Vercingetorix, attacks and kills the two veteran spearmen who defended Tokyo.

But in taking Tokyo, the Army loses 1200 men. The mounted divisions (Gallic Heavy Cavalry and Knights) fortify northeast of the city and await the Japanese forces.

10 BC (IBT) - The Japanese move 6 units into the Jungle SE of Tokyo: 1 Spearman, 4 Swordsmen, and 1 Archer. They will be attacked by my forces next turn.

10 AD- The 4th Knight attacks and kills the spearman, and to my pleasant surprise, becomes my second elite unit. After this victory the 5th Knight Division kills a veteran swordsman. The 6th Knight has more trouble, and is redlined, but defeats another veteran swordsman. With two victories under my belt, I send in the 12th Gallic Heavy Cavalry. They are killed and only manage to knock one HP off of the top veteran sword. The 11th Heavy Cavalry is redlined, but kills another veteran swordsman, and becomes the third Celtic elite unit. With one loss and two promotions, I send in the 10th Heavy cavalry. It is redlined and retreats after doing nothing to the injured swordsman. Fortunately, it isn’t promoted, and I attack again with the 9th Heavy Cavalry. After losing 2/5 HP it kills the swordsman and only the archer remains. To finish off the stack, I send in the 1st Heavy Cavalry. Once again my unit fails to meet expectations and loses 3/5 HP before finally killing the veteran archer. The non-injured units then move into the jungle and wait, while the others move to Tokyo to be healed.

10 AD (IBT) - Japan tries to retake the jungle by sending two swordsmen. The first one halves the 5th Knight Division and they are promoted to elite, my fourth. This is followed by the 5th Heavy Cavalry being redlined, and then being promoted to elite as well. The Japanese see that taking the square isn’t worth their entire offensive force, and stop attacking. Instead, they fortify 2 spearmen divisions next to my mounted units.

30 AD- Japanese Front: The 5th Knight wipes out the pathetic spearman, and the 4th Knight Division butchers the other spear while it loses 1 HP. They are then pulled back to the Jungle, where several of my units have fortified. The 1st Army then wipes out a veteran swordsman who was in attack range.

Sumerian Front: The 12th Gallic Swordsman halves a veteran sword, is redlined and retreats.

With combat out of the way, I renegotiate peace with Gandhi yet again. This time for an alliance against the Japanese and Education while I am forced to give them horses, not like they’ll use them. After trading for Education, I trade it to the Aztecs, along with 21 gold, for Invention. Another peace treaty is signed when I gain 2 gpt as tribute from the Iroquois.

30 AD (IBT) - A Sumerian horseman attacks a pikeman division that was outside of Agedincum. The Sumerian is redlined, but kills the pikeman. These Sumerian horsemen are brutal against fortified pikemen!

The Japanese are busy with the Indians. They attack and kill a warrior in addition to capturing a couple workers with a spearman. Gandhi retaliates by attacking and killing a redlined swordsman with an archer division.

50 AD- My orders to the 4th Heavy Cavalry Division are to liberate the 2 Indian workers who were captured by the Japanese in their turn. They smash the spearman, losing 200 men, and recapturing the two workers.

The main Celtic force had arrived on the mountain north of Kyoto. Vercingetorix ordered his army to attack Kyoto, and the Japanese sent 2,400 spearmen to defend against him. They arranged themselves in a deep rectangle formation that had each division backed by another. The first division was able to inflict 400 casualties on the knights, but was eventually wiped out and the Celts continued on to the second division. Vercingetorix led his men straight into the Japanese center where they penetrated deep into the spearmen, killing left and right. The only spearmen that remained between Vercingetorix and the gates of Kyoto locked shields and were able to kill nearly 600 knights before they too were killed.

Vercingetorix saw that his men were exhausted and ordered a retreat to the mountain camp where they would be safe. The honor of capturing the Japanese capital would fall upon the 14th Gallic Swordsman division who only had to face a swordsman division.

The commander of the 14th charged down the mountain against the unprepared Japanese and quickly made mincemeat of them. Kyoto and two workers were Celtic, and the rest of the Celtic army moved into it.

Sumerian Front: The 7th Knight division attacked an Enkidu Warrior, was halved, but killed the stupid AI unit.

50 AD (IBT) - The Japanese attack a pukeman on a hill south of Kyoto with a swordsman. As expected the pukeman is killed and the Japanese swordsman gets a promotion despite being halved. They then follow it up with yet another swordsman attack, this time against the 4th Gallic Heavy Cavalry who was on a mountain. The swordsman is killed, and the 4th is promoted to elite!

70 AD- Sumerian Front: The 12th Gallic Swordsman division kills 200 Sumerian swordsmen out of 800 while being redlined and retreating. This attack is followed by the 13th Gallic Swordsman who is also redlined, but kills the offending swordsman.

Japanese Front: The 4th Knight division with 1000 men, loses 200 and kills a veteran swordsman that had landed northeast of Kyoto.

70 AD (IBT) - Japan requests an audience, but is declined. I have no intention on making peace with you at this time, Tokugawa. With my Knights against your spearmen, what makes you think that I’ll let you keep that iron near Osaka?

90 AD- The CDS Richborough (G-05) sinks in the Arctic Ocean after meeting the Russians. Man, I’m losing too many galleys in seas and oceans.

Sumerian Front: We see a <spear> when the 8th Knight is killed by a redlined veteran archer! With my two other offensive units recovering in Gergovia, I don&#8217;t risk attacking it again.

Japanese Front: The 4th Heavy Cavalry kills a veteran spearman after losing 1 HP.

90 AD (IBT) - We see a Indian War Elephant, nice to see they aren&#8217;t using those horses that I gave them.

110 AD- Entremont completes the Epic of Vercingetorix, a tale of how he drove Sumerian fools from the lands of the Celts. This inspires many young Celts to joint the military.

Meanwhile the 13th Heavy Cavalry follows the tradition, and kills off 800 Sumerian swordsmen.

130 AD- The CDS Verulamium (G-06), a regular galley, sinks a Japanese ship near Madras after taking heavy damage. This is the first ever victory by a Celtic ship, and the Naval Advisor breathes a sigh of relief.

Japanese Front: Since the main Celtic Army is now healthy I move them to the hill south of Kyoto, providing a defense for them.

130 AD (IBT) - The Sumerians mass a huge attack on Gergovia and lose 3 Swordsman divisions while I lose a pukeman and Knight Division. This loss is followed by the loss of the 5th Knight division to an elite swordsman, who generates a great leader for them and is sent back to Osaka. Moments like these make me glad that the AI doesn&#8217;t use armies.

Attachments

• First Contact Arabians.JPG
    First Contact Arabians.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,583
  • Sumerian declaration 1.JPG
    Sumerian declaration 1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • Salamanca Embassy.JPG
    Salamanca Embassy.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,422
  • First Contact Babylon.JPG
    First Contact Babylon.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • First Contact Koreans.JPG
    First Contact Koreans.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,365
  • First Great Leader.JPG
    First Great Leader.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • Tokyo Captured.JPG
    Tokyo Captured.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,365
  • Kyoto Captured.JPG
    Kyoto Captured.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 1st War with Japan.JPG
    1st War with Japan.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,428
Looks good! :goodjob:

I have just been lurking the forums for the past couple days. :hide:

The conclusion to Chapter 4 should be up in a few nights. Meanwhile, here's a spoiler...
Spoiler :
Read the Story

Chapter IV: The Medieval Wars
Part 2: Unleash the War Elephants!​

150 AD- The 4th Knight Division loses 200 men in combat against a veteran Japanese Swordsman Division. Tokugawa&#8217;s elite swordsman remained on the front lines after spawning a leader. Vercingetorix decides to take advantage of this weakness, and sends the 11th Gallic Heavy Cavalry to kill them&#8230;

It was a peaceful morning in the Japanese camp. Birds were singing to each other, and a herd of antelope grazed nearby. But then, abruptly, the peace was shattered as the alarm gong rang three times. The elite members of the 6th Japanese Swordsman Division formed up for battle. After waiting for several hours they finally saw their foe. It was the well trained, veterans of the 11th Heavy Cavalry. They filled the horizon with their horses. For several moments the Earth seemed to stand still. Then the Celts charged down the hill straight at the Japanese.

The Japanese were great swordsmen and were able to make quick work of the first two ranks of horsemen. But then the third rank, the most experienced, hit the Japanese front line. They were even in skill, but the height of the Celts on horseback gave them the advantage. Slowly, the Japanese center crumbled before the Celtic onslaught.

The Japanese captains tried to rally the troops by calling the name of Tojo, but it was too late. The left flank was shattered by the fourth rank and the center quickly collapsed with it. Outflanked and outnumbered, the Japanese tried to retreat but were cut down from behind. The 5th Knight Division had been avenged.

170 BC- Japanese Front: A veteran Japanese swordsman tries to sneak attack Kyoto. I then send the 2nd Gallic Heavy Cavalry to teach them a lesson. To my great surprise they spawn a MGL, Orgetorix.

The Battle of Osaka: The 1st Celtic Army storms the suburbs of Osaka killing the roughly 800 spearmen that they see without a single casualty. At the end of the day the army pulled out of the city to avoid being ambushed at night. The next day they were back but this time they were faced by another 800 spearmen who were actually lined up in battle formation. Vercingetorix was not worried at all, they were spearmen. He had iron-plated horsemen. The Celts smashed through the front lines while taking 200 casualties. They then pressed further into the city expecting to face resistance which never came. Eventually the palace was reached, but discovered to be abandoned. The Palace of Osaka became the second Japanese palace to burn to the ground at the hands of the Celts.

Sumerian Front: With 1,800 Sumerians encamped outside of Gergovia, a force consisting of the 13th Knight, 13th Heavy Cavalry, 12th Gallic Swordsman, and 13th Gallic Swordsman Divsions marched against the Sumerian fools. The 13th Knight attacked, and easily killed, a group of 800 archers. Galloping past them, the 13th Heavy Cavalry hunted a band of 200 horsemen to extinction. The act was so inspiring that 200 more Celts joined the division. With morale on their side the 12th Gallic Swordsman obliterated a division of 400 swordsmen. After another small skirmish, the Sumerians were again driven out of Celtica at a cost of 200 Celtic lives.

Diplomatic Front: Gandhi proves his stupidity by accepting a trade in which I give Iron, and I receive Gunpowder, 62 tons of gold, and 4 tons per turn. First contact with the Ottomans, they are somewhat advanced being in the Middle Ages.

IBT (170 AD) -

Gandhi makes peace with Japan and declares war on me as a result. Way to go Gandhi, now I get that source of Iron back. Then I realize that Orgetorix is in the attack range of a War Elephant. But then they don't go after him. Ha-ha! You stupid, stupid AI.

190 AD- I move Orgetorix into Kyoto and form the 2nd Celtic Army. For lack of the Knight units to fill it immediately, I fill it with Heavy Cavalry. The 1st Army then kills an elite War Elephant that had been traveling south to attack Osaka when we were still allies.

IBT (190 AD)- My citizens in Gergovia report seeing Iroquois Musketmen on horses. These strange units are heading towards the Aztecs, so no worries for me yet.

210 AD- The Brand New Indian Front: I lose an elite Heavy Cavalry to a veteran War Elephant, they are then promoted. The 11th Heavy Cavalry then kills the elite War Elephant in revenge. The 1st Army then attacks a veteran War Elephant and loses 1800 men but kills it and one of the units inside the army is promoted to elite.

First contact with Spain from a scouting Gallic Sword, they are in the Ancient Age.

250 AD- I make peace with Japan because my Japanese citizens were revolting and I didn&#8217;t want to lose an army from a city defection.

Battle of Madras: The 12th Knight is killed, and an Indian regular spearman is redlined. The 10th Knight then kills a regular spearman and loses 1 HP, but is promoted to Elite. The 9th Knight loses 400 men but kills a regular spear. With several victories in a row the 8th Knight kills a 2/5 health War Elephant, causing the redlined spearman to be the #1 defender of the city. The 11th Knight easily kills the redlined spear and Madras is captured.

To secure the city the 11th Heavy Cavalry kills a War Elephant outside of the city, is redlined and reinforced by the 2nd Infantry Division. The 2nd Infantry is one of the 2 current Musketmen units in the Celtic Army and is on loan to Vercingetorix from the Home Guard (the units that defend Entremont).

IBT (250 AD) &#8211; Sumerian Front: A Sumerian swordsman that I didn&#8217;t have the units to kill redlines a pukeman defending Burdigala.

Indian Front: A War Elephant attacks the 2nd Infantry but then retreats. The 2nd Infantry suffers no casualties.

Diplomatic Front: The advanced Iroquois and the pathetically backwards Spanish team up on Aztecs. Wow. That'll give 'em a REAL hard time.

270 BC- The Printing Press is discovered, and I begin work on Astronomy.

Indian Front: The 6th Knight Division kills the War Elephant that had attacked the 2nd Infantry.

Battle of Delhi: The 4th Knight Division operating at 80% strength is killed by a regular War Elephant in Delhi, resulting in the War Elephant being promoted. The 2nd army loses 1200 men but kills the War Elephant Division that dared kill an Elite Knight. The 2nd Army then kills a regular spearman, and loses an additional 400 men. Fortunately, one of the units in the army is promoted to elite. The 2nd Army then kills the final regular spearman while losing 200 men. With that victory, Delhi is captured along with 1 Worker and 3 Great Wonders (Sistine Chapel, Colossus, Great Wall).

Sumerian Front: The 13th Heavy Cavalry kills a veteran swordsman but loses 1/3 of the men in the division.

With his former capital of Delhi being overrun by the Celtic Armies, Gandhi realized that he needed to make peace before he was destroyed. He was greatly relieved when Celtic diplomats arrived at his gates. They made one offer to him, the alternative was death. Gandhi accepted this deal:

Any Celtic forces have the right to pass through Indian territory without provocation.
The Indian scientists must turn over information on Astronomy and Chemistry.
And the Indian diplomats must give the Celts communications with a people known as the Mongols.

Thus ended the Medieval Warring Period in Celtic History.

Attachments

• Gandhi declaration 1.JPG
    Gandhi declaration 1.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Osaka Captured.JPG
    Osaka Captured.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,278
  • Second Great Leader.JPG
    Second Great Leader.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Peace Japan 1.JPG
    Peace Japan 1.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,250
  • First Contact Spain.JPG
    First Contact Spain.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,231
  • Madras Captured.JPG
    Madras Captured.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Gandhi peace 1.JPG
    Gandhi peace 1.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Delhi Captured.JPG
    Delhi Captured.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,243
And now, a histograph and other various data...

Attachments

• 270 Power.JPG
    270 Power.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 270 Demographics.JPG
    270 Demographics.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,187
  • 270 VS.JPG
    270 VS.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,178
Just a note:

I just passed the first story that I read on this site for views. That story ended up dying out.

Remember a while back how I promised a Civil War? Well, the map is complete and I have yet to play it as the extesion of the game. Expect the basics of the map to be posted soon.

edit: During one of the test runs I generated 6 MGLs in 6 Turns!

This map took me a week to make and finish off all of the MANY bugs that I ran into. But I finally finished it.

Factions (Civilizations):
Loyalists-
Leader: Brennus
Cities: Entremont, Alesia, Lugdunum
Unique Units:
Celtic Military Cavalry (8/6/4)-
These are divisions that were trained by the same people who train the Celtic Military. They are extremely fast and powerful yet are few in number. By the end of the war the Loyalists will have had access to only 14 of these. These powerful divisions can only be generated by the Military Headquarters wonder.
Royal Guard (6/6/1)- Requires Saltpeter
The infantry of the Loyalist Army, these are super-musketmen who can fire volleys of bullets into their enemies every 15 seconds. This creates a deadly chaos among their enemies.
Royal Cavalry (6/4/3)- Require Horses and Saltpeter
The nobles that choose to fight along their citizen counterparts fight on horseback. They are well trained in the art of attacking and do so often.
Advantages:
-All starting units are elite
-Starts game with army
-My leadership
Objective: Dominate the Map
Result of Victory: Government becomes a Monarchy

Republicans-
Leader: Darmenius
Cities: Richborough, Heliopolis, Augustodurum
Unique Unit:
Heavy Infantry (4/3/1)-
Infantry trained to defend the Celtic Republic, these are well trained forces that don&#8217;t back down from a fight.
Advantages:
-War Weariness Removed
-All starting units are veteran
Result of Victory: Government becomes a Republic

Feudalists-
Leader: Arthur
Cities: Thebes, Agedincum
Unique Unit:
Man-at-Arms (5/3/1)-
A heavy infantry unit that is trained to accompany their masters who fight as knights, these units can be trained in addition to being generated by the Knight&#8217;s Templar wonder every 5 turns.
Advantages:
-War Weariness Removed
Result of Victory: Government becomes a Feudalism

Traditionalists-
Leader: Ragnar
Cities: Camulodunum, Memphis, Eboracum
Unique Unit:
Gallic Axeman (5/3/1)-
The newer version of the Gallic Swordsman. These divisions can crush and hack their opponents with their battle-axes. In addition to regular training, the Traditional Values wonder produces one every 5 turns.
Advantages:
Objective: Recapture the Celtic Homeland
Result of Victory: Government remains Despotism

Militarists-
Leader:
Cities: Tokyo, Cataractonium
Unique Units:
Mercenary (3/5/1)-
Paid soldiers that the Militarists have hired to defend their territory from foreign invaders.
Skirmisher (5/1/2)-
Fast moving infantry that participate in &#8220;suicide missions&#8221; that involve crippling the enemy&#8217;s ability to wage war.
Advantages:
-All starting units are elite
-Starts with an army
Objective: Conquer the Map
Result of Victory: The game becomes an AWR (Always War Regent) game.

Japanese Secessionists-
Leader: Tokugawa
Cities: Kyoto, Osaka, Lapurdum
Unique Unit:
Japanese Swordsman (5/2/1)-

Advantages:
None
Objective: Conquer another Civ
Result of Victory: The All remaining Japanese Secessionist cities are gifted to Japan

Indian Secessionists-
Leader: Gandhi
Cities: Delhi, Madras, Verulaminium
Unique Unit:
War Elephant (4/3/2)-

Advantages:
None
Result of Victory: All remaining Indian Secessionist cities are gifted to India

Arabian Secessionists-
Leader: Hiathawa
Cities: Gergovia, Burdigala
Unique Unit:
Arabian Cavalry (4/2/3)-

Advantages:
None
Result of Victory: All Arabian remaining Secessionist cities are gifted to the Iroquois.

Wonders:
Military Headquarters-
Effect: Generates a Celtic Military Cavalry every 5 turns, Adds 1 unit to army size
Economic Headquarters-
Effect: The same as Smith&#8217;s Trading Company
Traditional Values-
Effect: Generates a Gallic Axeman every 5 turns
Knights Templar-
Effect: Generates a Man-at-Arms every 5 turns
Mausoleum of Mausollos-
Effect: Doubles happiness bonus of Temples
The Great Wall-
Effect: Gives a free wall to every town on the continent
The Colossus-
Effect: +1 trade of sea tiles for the city
Sistine Chapel-
Effect: Doubles happiness bonus of Cathedrals
Statue of Zeus-
Effect: Generates a Royal Cavalry every 5 turns

Naval Units:
Trireme (2/2/3)-
The old Celtic Navy warships that are relatively weak compared to their counterparts.
Caravel (1/3/4)-
The transports that are used for massive naval invasions.
Light Frigate (3/3/4)-
The newest of the Celtic Warships, these massive boats can deal out punishment like no other.

Interesting Idea! - For the civil war.
So you have used the scenario editor to create this factional map and then will play this scenario out to determine your new govt. .....
How long will you go on this (how many turns), and of what does dominance consist? Will you research techs in the game play too? Also did you erase all of the other land masses so that the AI don't spend resources rushing settlers off to all the unclaimed land?

I'll be watching to see how this develops. :goodjob:

Just a tip, Link all this over to the Creation & Customization forum so not to threadjack yourself. :goodjob:

So you have used the scenario editor to create this factional map and then will play this scenario out to determine your new govt.
Correct

How long will you go on this (how many turns)?
40 turns, or until victory is achieved.

...and of what does dominance consist?
Dominance consists of the same land area that I control right now and 66% Population.

Will you research techs in the game play too?
Unfortunately no. Since I plan on one more anarchy (Civil War) map, how to add and change units and technologies is something I have to learn. Any suggestions?

Also did you erase all of the other land masses so that the AI don't spend resources rushing settlers off to all the unclaimed land?
No, I made it so that you can't build settlers or build colonies. To avoid using resources that my government doesn't have, I deleted all the resources that were close to my borders.

Just a tip, Link all this over to the Creation & Customization forum so not to threadjack yourself. :goodjob:
I plan on posting the map after the Civil War story is complete.

Chapter V: The Celtic Civil War
Part 1: Cause and Effect​

January 28, 270 AD- With the news of the capture of Delhi still raging, Brennus sat alone in his personal study preparing a speech that would further rock the Celtic empire. The king believed that it was time to change the structure of government. Despotism had served well as a stepping stone to conquest, but corruption was rampant near the borders. A monarchy, Brennus believed, would be a much more efficient form of leadership. “Cherius,” Brennus called to one of his servants, “Please tell my court to assemble immediately.”

“Yes, my lord.” Cherius responded.

Three hours later Brennus walked into his throne room flanked by his personal guard. He sat upon his throne and began to speak. “My people,” he said, “for over 4000 years our people have been fighting for control of our continent. Just weeks ago this goal was accomplished. Only a few thousand foreign soldiers and citizens remain, and they are bound by a treaty to no longer be aggressive. But now our people face a new threat, corruption. Because of the way our government is organized, food, money, and labor are wasted.”

At this point, General Ragnar cried, “I disagree. Our government has been organized this way for 4000 years. Why should we change it now? The answer is simple, we shouldn’t. The traditional values of our ancestors must be upheld.”

“If our traditional ways are preventing us from completing our mission, then why shouldn’t we change?” Brennus replied, “After all, didn’t our ancestors break with tradition by founding this great city instead of wandering?”

Then the governor of Thebes, Lord Arthur, stood and said, “I agree that our government should be changed. However, it should be that you give dominant power to the governors of the cities who can then grant power to nobles to control the finer details. All the power remains with you, so you won’t lose much.”

“You have the right basic concept,” said Darmenius, a philosopher, “but the people would not be happy under the iron fist of the tyrannical military governors in Japan. Instead, the people should vote our leaders into office. Those leaders would serve in a senate, or council, under your direction King Brennus.”

While these important government officials bickered over government, Taurini, a captain of the 2nd Infantry Division who was visiting Entremont, saw his perhaps only chance to be heard and said, “Some of my fellow captains and I think that our conquests are not moving fast enough. We suggest that our nation declares war on every known civilization in the world.” The throne room was silent for a moment as everyone stared at the young captain.

“Are you insane?” asked Arminius, the king’s military advisor. “Our main army is still in India. If we were to declare war, we would lose Gergovia and Burdigala at the very least.”

“But we could retake them with our main force when they arrive at the front lines,” argued Taurini, “after all; we have more troops than them.”

“Silence, all of you. Declaring war on the Iroquois is not at the top of our agenda at this time. As for our government, I have decided upon a Monarchy. In this new government I will have the final say on everything.” After this announcement, many advisors and military commanders sat down. However, some remained standing. “Do you have something you wish to say?” asked Brennus.

“We have each promised our people the government that we mentioned here would be the nation’s government. Since you will not adopt them through peaceful means, we will implement them by force.” With that said, they all left to their chariots and caravans.

February 4, 270 AD- One week after the Throne Room Incident (as it was being called), reports were flooding into the capital of organized riots throughout the empire. In addition to the factions that were so obviously made known at the meeting the week before, three other factions had emerged. Citizens in many border towns were trying to defect to foreign empires. The three foreign revolts were: the Arabians who wanted to be Iroquois, the Japanese who wanted to be under their motherland’s control again, and the Indians who had just been conquered and were seizing the opportunity to revolt.

Arminius was greatly distressed by the way the odds were stacked against the King and those loyal to him. He went to King Brennus and said, “My lord. Let me lead an army against these upstarts so that we may once again rule a united Africa.”

King Brennus considered the pros and cons of this. On the one hand the advantage of having a skilled military tactician would be tremendous. But if Arminius was to fail, Brennus would lose his military advisor, a source of leadership, and a friend. Finally, Brennus agreed. “Here are your orders,” he said.

Arminius looked down at the orders.
Spoiler :
You are to take command of the following divisions in the Loyalist Army:
  • 2nd Knight Division
  • 3rd Knight Division
  • 4th Knight Division
  • 5th Knight Division
  • 6th Knight Division
  • 7th Knight Division
  • 8th Knight Division
  • 9th Knight Division
  • 10th Knight Division
  • 5th Military Cavalry Division
  • 6th Military Cavalry Division
  • 7th Infantry Division
  • 8th Infantry Division
You will take personal command of the following divisions:
  • 1st Military Cavalry Division
  • 2nd Military Cavalry Division
  • 3rd Military Cavalry Division
  • 4th Military Cavalry Division
Your objectives:
  • Take Richborough immediately
  • Eventually take Heliopolis
After completing those tasks you are to await farther orders. Good luck, General Arminius.

After reading the orders he thanked Brennus and left to go meet his men and discuss their strategy for the upcoming Civil War.

There's one picture that goes with that update (if you want to call it that):

Attachments

• Anarchy 1.JPG
    Anarchy 1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,106
There are another couple battle groups involved in the war:
The Northern Front:
Spoiler :
  • 11th Knight Division
  • 12th Knight Division
  • 13th Knight Division
  • 17th Knight Division
  • 18th Knight Division
  • 17th Infantry Division

The Eastern Front:
Spoiler :
  • 10th Infantry Division
  • 11th Infantry Division
  • 12th Infantry Division
  • 13th Infantry Division
  • 14th Infantry Division
  • 15th Infantry Division
  • 16th Infantry Division
  • 14th Knight Division
  • 15th Knight Division
  • 16th Knight Division

The Southern Front:
Spoiler :
  • 1st Royal Cavalry Division
  • 2nd Royal Cavalry Division
  • 3rd Royal Cavalry Division
  • 18th Infantry Division
  • 19th Infantry Division

Just something to post before I begin:

My Loyalist Military:
Spoiler :
17 Knight Divisions
3 Royal Cavalry Divisions
6 Military Cavalry Divisions
19 Infantry Divisions
1 Artillery Division
1 Labor Division

The other factions military stats will be up in a couple of hours.

Annnd the militaries:
Republican Military:
Spoiler :
3 Knights
7 Heavy Infantry
1 Musketman
1 Worker
6 Light Frigates

Feudalist Military:
Spoiler :
6 Men-at-Arms
2 Musketmen
1 Worker
3 Light Frigates
2 Triremes

Traditionalist Military:
Spoiler :
3 Musketmen
1 Gallic Axeman
1 Worker
1 Light Frigate
2 Triremes

Militarist Military:
Spoiler :
4 Knights
8 Mercenaries
1 Longbowman
1 Worker
2 Light Frigates

Arabian Secessionist Military:
Spoiler :
6 Arabian Cavalry
2 Musketmen
1 Worker
1 Light Frigate
2 Triremes

Indian Secessionist Military:
Spoiler :
8 War Elephants
2 Musketmen
1 Worker
4 Light Frigates

Japanese Secessionist Military:
Spoiler :
6 Japanese Swordsmen
1 Worker
3 Triremes

Those militaries don't include the bonus troops from the difficulty level.

Top Bottom