ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

Orders in. Hopefully I remembered everything this time.

Arcana is starting to awaken - see the assault on the Blackthreads' fortress. Priests of Kilmorph tore down the walls!

I've sent mine and hopefully soon I might get a story up here.

Orders sent. Also;
Managing
Spoiler :
6 Thezmia, 1132
Mechza wandered around his office, ideally fiddling with various half- and un-finished projects. The Talk-Over-Distance-Device (the Talking Finch never behaved) ; the Yeti-Skinning-Machine (hampered by the lack of yeti within a 1000 km of Kraz-ke-Makan); the Shaving Machine (though, Deshry “Cheeks” Khaltie would never need to shave again in his life) and the Tea-Engine (he was up to mk. 7, with no real success so far. Some of his aides said it was because they weren’t sure what tea was, and were certain they didn’t have any anyways. Mechza, however, had tried many different plants, including a mix of poppy seeds and hemp leaves, which just made him see colours and stare at his hands before getting hungry and falling asleep.)

Sighing, Mechza sat at his desk. His generals had made plans to deal with the Undead Hippus, but he left those military things alone. His one attempt to plan a strategy had failed, due to their lack of fire-catapults, mechanical-dimension soldiers and desert environment had ruled out his Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Mechanical Sharks (or LASEMS). So, he was left ruling (a boring job) and planning a new form of currency. The old Patrian Coinage system was fine, but the economy was growing, while the amount of Patrian Coins weren’t. Also, there were rumors that Patrians had contacted several of the eastern races to demand subservience. And, of course, the Krazians were Luchuirp, not Patrian, so there they should use Luchuirp coins, not Patrian.

Mechza staired off into space for a minute, then picked-up his quill. He didn’t where it came from, but it was a good today as it had been when he found it in the old kaer almost 4 years ago. Absent mindedly he sketched for a while, then looking at the image, crupled the paper and there it away, were it slowly unfolded. A beast of steel and gears, shape of a dragon...

someone's looking forward to UUs.

good story darksaber1.

Last order sets are due tonight. I won't have access to internet on thursday and a bit of friday but i will be working on the update offline so if you don't have orders in by today, you won't be able to submit them late because i won't be able to receive them.

EDIT: I think i am just missing the tabba ghut clan orders...

I'm off to vacation. I'll still check the forum a bit for the next week, but if you need to diplo, be patient (and begin early).

Immac, if orders (for next turn) are due before Wed. afternoon, I'll at least get some barebones ones in.

Good luck to all in the update!

Law making in Palitnate.
Spoiler :
Isidor smiled as a lightning passed by his window. The sound of thunder reverberated throughout the city hall. The candles which provided the only illumination to the room save for occasional lightning bolts flickered as a movement approached Isidor.

“What is it Lisa?” Isidor asked.

“I…just had a question, sir.” Lisa replied.

Isidor gave her a quizzical look. It was not usual for Lisa to have a question. “What is it?”

“I have seen you journey into the council chambers countless times to discuss new policies and laws…but I have never quite understood what happens inside it. How does the process of making new policies and laws work?”

Isidor sighed and put down the glass of wine upon the table. He suddenly leaned across the table. “Ms. Lisa… let me tell you something.”

Lightning flashed.

“Y-yes?” Lisa asked.

“Law and policy making…” Isidor continued. “Is a bit like…bit like making that food that was popular before the scourge. What was it called…sausage?”

“Sa-sausage making?”

Yet another lightning. Somebody should have made a complaint to Tali by now.

“Yes. What they did was that they took out the guts from a pig and then stuffed it with meat and gods know what into it. Then they skewered it and cooked it over a fire, poured some sauce onto it and ate it as if it was some delicacy. Law making is similar to that. Well maybe except for stuffing it with meat, skewering it, cooking it, and eating it.” Isidor rubbed his chin. “Actually it’s nothing like making a sausage.”

It was now Lisa’s turn to give Isidor a quizzical look. “Then what is law making like?”

Isidor stood still. Yet another lightning flashed by. “You know Ms Lisa,” Isidor answered. “That’s a pretty darn good question.”

………..

Isidor reflected upon this as he walked to the council chambers. He had to go out through the secret door; damn it with Silvanus and his court of followers occupying the entire hallway. If he had to use the secret door again, he would…do what exactly? You had to admit that Silvanus was a prodigy. He may be an exaggerated prodigy but he was a prodigy nonetheless. He just also happened to be a prodigy that Palitnate needed.

The Council. Isidor had enough with all of them. They were all bunch of useless bastards that demanded pay every once in a while. They were useful before, no mistake about that, but they all claimed that they ‘retired.’ The hell with it! Isidor was just as old, if not older than, as most of them and he still worked. In fact, he could not remember the last time he slept. Did he even sleep at all in the last 3 months? He wasn’t really sure anymore. Only thing that mattered to him now was that…

“Hey Isidor!”

By Ceridwan’s…

“Hey Isidor *hic*” the man said. “What’s *hic* up?”

“Rashtur, first of all, you are supposed to be in the council chambers…”

“Leave me *hic* be!” Rashtur yelled. “I am retired! I am a very old man that deserves nothing more than a painful death followed by eternal suffering in depth of Mammon’s hell. No more meetings *hic* , says I! Let’s welcome death *hic* with open gate and open arms. If you are not *hic* with me *hic* completely, than leave me to remin..rema…re…”

“Reminiscence.” Finished Isidor. “You’re…”

“Yes that’s it!” Interjected Rashtur. “Reminiscence. Leave me to reminiscent about my past. I remember my school days…”

“Well…” Isidor said. “I’ll leave you th…”

“Thou shalt not *hic* leave!” yelled Rashtur. “*hic* I remember it now. *hic*. It’s as if the curtain placed *hic* over my head was *hic* removed. Gently, flowy, wavy, lacy *hic* curtains. Velvet in color and silky to the touch. They really had good quality curtains back in Patria *hic*.”

Isidor rolled his eyes. ‘Why did I even both…’

“I remember that one art class with you, Isidor…”

‘Oh no.’

“It was paper origami class *hic*.” Mumbled Rashtur. “You couldn’t do it no matter how much you tried. Your friends were all trying to comfort you but you burst into tears…”

“NO!” Yelled Isidor. “I will never. I shall never forget the shame of that day.”

Rashtur laughed. Isidor immediately walked off, there was no reasoning with Rashtur anymore when he was this intoxicated. Why do these things always happen? He wondered. He was now more determined than ever to end the council’s tomfoolery once and f or all.

He would make them work, oh yes he would make them. He wasn’t quite sure how he would do it but he was going to do it.

So, Update likely today or Tomorrow?

Probably sunday. I had workshops this week and have been using my free time to go kayaking since we have an uncharacteristicly hot late spring. But sunday should be possible. Sorry to make ye all wait.

There's going to be one major battle. it involves the achatin.

Yeah, we've had a rather nastily hot spring over here too. I wish I could go kayaking but I have two 5 page papers and a journal. Hooray for finals week. :rolleyes:

Average temperature: 9-20
Actual Temperature: 18-35
No. Fun.

woo-hoo, I'm going to get curb-stomped by the Patrians!

Don't worry, we will be back for your corp.... I mean... We will be there for you.

Where I am on the East Coast its all either been hot and sunny or heavy raining thunderstorms

Lurker Pop-in:

Yeah, here on the east coast, it's been Hot and Muggy and humid, with intense rain storms... or cold and humid and damp, with no intermediate temperatures.

A little bit of background material about the origins of the Uld'ari faith.

A God in Chains

The faith of the Uld'ar, and the role of the ''Earthenchurch'' in Ul'dari politics have often puzzled foreigners and visitors to the city. This is perhaps because Il-Javaskar, the ''God'' of the Uld'ari, to them represents a concept which seems difficult for outsiders to understand. The Earthenchurch preaches the perfect unity of body, mind and soul, a form of innate balance within the individual, and within society as a whole.

The church is centred around the lower quarters of The Kaer. Yet further below the Low Quarters is a warren of rudimentary stone tunnels which appear to be natural and pre-date the presence of the Kaer itself. During the early Age of Darkness, they say Muldar Edoris felt a strange compulsion to explore these tunnels, as if drawn there by some supernatural force. A young warrior at the time, he asked for permission to lead an expedition into the tunnels, but the military dictatorship which ruled in the early days forbid such actions. They feared that exploring the tunnels below could lead horrors to the Kaer proper. Instead it gave the orders for the tunnels to be guarded at all times, and to eventually be sealed.

That evening, the young Edoris sneaked down into the Low Quarters. Three guardsmen quickly accosted him and demanded an explanation for his presence in the area. As if possessed by an unearthly spirit, Edoris drew his sword and cut them down with expert swordsmanship uncharacteristic of his own clumsy hand. Hearing a shout in the distance, he fled the scene and ducked into a narrow tunnel. The guardsmen, superstitious and fearful of the tunnels, chose not to follow and waited there for two days to arrest Edoris on his return. He did not return, and on the third he was presumed lost. The post was abandoned.

For several days Edoris was gone, but on the ninth he at last emerged from the ''Warren''. He returned to his bunk in the barracks, where he was arrested and taken before General Jurosmak Mar for trial. Jurosmak had ruled the Kaer with an iron fist ever since the five tribes of Kerosyn had united under its mountainous roof, and ordered the death penalty. Under the ancient tradition of Kerosyn, the authority of the Chieftain is ultimate, and Jurosmak Mar was the Chief of Chieftains. However, the authority of the tribal leader was null if they were defeated in a duel, a fight to the death, and Edoris announced that he would contest his verdict.

General Jurosmak Mar had come to power for being the strongest of his tribe, and then fighting the other four tribal leaders for dominance. His legendary strength had united the people of Kerosyn for the first time, and had utterly emasculated the four competing tribes. Edoris, on the other hand, had always been the runt of his family. He was around 6 inches shorter then most orc warriors and lacked their muscular physique. The challenge was preposterous, but predictably Jurosmak chose to humour him, hungry for blood.

Again, as if possessed, Edoris drew his sword and after a ferocious battle forced Jurosmak to his knees. The aging dictator pleaded for mercy, but none was provided. Edoris beheaded him in one swift movement and put an end to his harsh reign. This was the beginning of a cataclysmic shift in the alignment of Uld'ari society and its government.

As ''General'', although he preferred the title of ''Father'', he spread the word of Il-Javaskar and claimed to be his prophet. His supernatural defeat of Jurosmak, and later minor miracles were enough to confirm this, and the faith spread quickly. But just what is Il-Javaskar?

Some say he is a God, but this isn't quite true. Some say he is a spirit, but that's not true either. In fact, he is an Angel, an Archangel. In the Godswar he had served Aeron under the name of ''Odio'', meaning ''strength''. However, towards the end of the war he was imprisoned by Kilmorph deep below the surface of the earth where he had remained trapped ever since. The God of Hate, his master, was ashamed at the weakness of his commander and promptly disowned him, stripping him of his title and his name. And so, for thousands of years, the angel remained imprisoned, forgotten and alone. The first years were the worst, a lonely, bitter turmoil and he cried and screamed out for help, for forgiveness from Kilmorph or mercy from Aeron. However, little did he know but the Godswar was over, and the ''Compact'', the agreement which ended it, forbid Godly action on Erebus. Even if the Gods had wanted to release him, they were powerless to do so.

Sirona, aptly the Goddess of both forgiveness and mercy, cried for his pain. She too was unable to free him, but she sent forth an angel by the name of Banevola to console him. Banevola spent several years in Odio's prison. At first he was hostile, glad of something to lash out against, but eventually her gentle words and caring nature calmed him. Over time, she taught him the error of his ways. His fury had made him twisted and hateful, signs of Aeron's lingering presence within him. The God that had betrayed him. She taught him that Aeron's vanity, frustration and self-obsession were misguided and that the angel, which she named Il-Javaskar, should find his own path from within himself. He should cut his ties with Aeron, and become a God on Earth. Eventually, Banevola had to take her leave of him, and the angel who once went by the name of Odio spent the next several thousand years in soul-searching meditation, looking in.

From deep below, in his mind's eye, he watched the Patrian Empire expand and decline, but most especially he watched the orc tribes of Kerosyn. He watched them develop and do battle, and eventually retreat into the Kaer of Uld'ar as the impending invasion of Ceridwen's forces approached. This was his chance, with followers of his own his power would grow, and one day, he could free himself from his prison and emerge on Erebus itself. Amazingly, the Kaer of Uld'ar had been constructed almost directly above his prison. No doubt the work of his friend, Banevola.

From deep below, he saw the tyranny of Jurosmak grow and recognised the evil of Aeron within him. He had defeated and slain the chiefs of the other four tribes of Kerosyn, and bound them to his own. The Mar tribe. The angel was furious that Aeron still worked against him, still hated him. Was he truly so vengeful and merciless? His presence within the General was no doubt his attempt to bind the people of Kerosyn to his own sphere and to foil Il-Javaskar's own plans of obtaining freedom. Aeron surely knew that if he could secure the hearts and souls of the people of Uld'ar, and fend of his influence throughout the Scourge, he may never see such an opportunity again.

Immediately he set to work and chose his prophet-to-be, Muldar Edoris. He was a young soldier in the service of Jurosmak at the time, but his heart wasn't truly in it. He was smarter then most orcs, and more passive. He would be perfect.

Deep below the Kaer was a system of caves and tunnels through which Banevola had gained access to his prison, and to them he drew Edoris. Jurosmak naturally tried to prevent him, but he gave Edoris the strength and wisdom to overcome the challenges he faced. The man travelled fearfully through the cave system, and eventually reached the angel's prison.

Il-Javaskar appeared before Edoris, and Edoris was in awe. Some even say he fell in love. The brutality of orc society had never suited Edoris, but here was a man, a God even, who seemed to personify and make sense of his own repressed principles and ideology. The angel told him of his past and of his future plans, the evils of Aeron and his presence within Jurosmak. Finally, he made him his prophet, and gave him instruction to return to the Kaer.

Edoris returned a changed man, and determined to carry out the demands of Il-Javaskar. He did battle with Jurosmak, and in a symbolic battle of wills between Aeron and Il-Javaskar, overcame his enemy. Shamed, Aeron withdrew his influence and orc society within Uld'ar began a monumental series of changes which would one day make them amongst the most powerful nations of Barsaive.

And so, as Uld'ar grows and expands in the name of their God, Il-Javaskar grows ever more powerful.

And one day, his wait will be over.

More previews:

the kraz see some action.

EDIT: awesome story Ekolite. nice to have some insight into your mysterious faith.

Top Bottom