Imperium Offtopicum V

Very good.

We also offer the rest of the world a free trade agreement.

@ His Holiness the Pope- If you recall, throughout the now past on Middle Ages, Europe has been all Christian, and the rest have been called heathens. You see, Europe is none of Japan's Business, all we care to worry about is the East.

Therefore, we will leave you alone in Europe. If you so choose, you can execute the heathens, lock them up, deport them, whatever. You see, in the East we don't do that, Religion for most is similar to philosophy. We ask that you sign a free trade pact with us and an indefinite promise of peace to show that though we may be different, we accept you for what you are, you accept us for what we are.

EDIT: @ Mathalamus and Civplayah- Civplayah is wrong. Only pacts that have an affect (DPs, alliances, exc.) Are limited. Free Trade Pacts don't do anything.

England- Your government is not all that different from ours! Why don't we sign a DP to strengthen our relationship and mutually protect our interests.

Remember, back when, the population of Earth was under one billion IIRC. However, I picked a figure I thought would be fair. I'd like a GMs word. I'll up it of course, once I expand on the mainland.

Keep in mind that in this time period, the current standing armies and navies weren't a definite sign of your strength. Much of the world, fuedal nations a lot, made armies when they were at war.

Population of Japan was probably closer to 10ish million. Population of the Earth was around 600ish million IIRC.

The Duchy of Burgundy salutes its ancient allies in England and asks them for a mutual recognition of our boundaries and claims.

@ His Holiness the Pope- If you recall, throughout the now past on Middle Ages, Europe has been all Christian, and the rest have been called heathens. You see, Europe is none of Japan's Business, all we care to worry about is the East.

Therefore, we will leave you alone in Europe. If you so choose, you can execute the heathens, lock them up, deport them, whatever. You see, in the East we don't do that, Religion for most is similar to philosophy. We ask that you sign a free trade pact with us and an indefinite promise of peace to show that though we may be different, we accept you for what you are, you accept us for what we are.

We already are dealing with our heretics. A heretic nation ruled by a heretic has no right to tell us what to do.

We will not accept your free trade pact, and a promise of peace.

Keep in mind that in this time period, the current standing armies and navies weren't a definite sign of your strength. Much of the world, fuedal nations a lot, made armies when they were at war.

Population of Japan was probably closer to 10ish million. Population of the Earth was around 600ish million IIRC.

Well, I said I didn't understand the era.

We keep a standing army of 100,000 Samauri (Due to the population being higher than I thought it was.) However, other troops are armed for wartime and wartime only, leading normal lives during peace. The maximum raisable army is 400,000.

EDIT: Very well, as the Pope is obviously an unreasonable nation, we will hereby EMBARGO HIM (I assume my income goes down as well.) Note, this is not because of your refusal but because you have clearly insulted the Shogunate. We will lift the embargo IF you ask for us to, as this would be a signification you are willing to deal with us. Also, note we did not ever tell you how to deal with your "Heretics", we only asked that you leave Eastern "Heresy" for ourselves to deal with, or not to deal with.

The Duchy of Burgundy salutes its ancient allies in England and asks them for a mutual recognition of our boundaries and claims.

England is happy to do so. May the historic friendship between our two nations continue for a thousand-thousand years.

@Domination, the Medieval period was defined by feudalism which was a system of government in which peasants paid a form of rent to feudal lords which either manifested itself as military service in times of war, or providing sustenance for the armies of the feudal lords. Feudal lords ruled fiefs (or fiefdoms) which were often confederated into greater kingdoms, these lords would perform a similar duty to the King, who would call upon the feudal lords' armies in war.

The Great Empire of the Nile​

Color: Purple

Claims:
Spoiler :

(Do forgive my n00bishness with paint. I had to go on my brother's PC to do that. :crazyeye: )
EDIT: Also, that one brownish territory near our borders is also ours. I just colored it wrong.

Flag:
Spoiler :

Government: Republic

Religion: Islam

EDIT: Capital: Cairo

Military tech 1

Civilian tech 1

Army 1

Navy 1

10 gold/ turn

England is happy to do so. May the historic friendship between our two nations continue for a thousand-thousand years.

In case you missed it, we offered you a DP. Our governments are very similar, religion aside (In the East Religion is considered unimportant) and our DP will help protect both of our interests on our respective continents.

EDIT: Even though we can't really do much about it, we do recognize Burgundy's borders.

We recognize Reiser and ask his government form be shared with us.
Now that I've read the instructions I can post a full bio. Yes, I know it was the Holy Roman Empire, but whatever. :)

die Monarchie in Deutschland
(The Monarchy of Germany)

Capital: Ich bin ein Berliner (Berlin)
Government: Simple Monarchy (don't know much about Middle Age gov'ts)
Religion: Official: Christianity, Majority: Christianity
Color: Dark Green
Income: something different than 10g 10g/turn
Military Tech: 1
Civilian Tech: 1
Armies: 1
Navies: 1​

To: Holy Roman Empire, Burgundy, England

We beg upon you, Christian nations to not allow dealing with the the heretics.

As with everyone else, we offer you a Free Trade Agreement (As with everyone but the intolerant pope.)

EDIT: (IC as it will sound like an insult, its not personal, but roleplaying) Oh Pope Cull, stop with your nonsense. Not only do I not have anything against Christians, but we do have 5,000 Christian Samauri and 3% of the population is Christian. And they live the same quality lives as other religions.

Not everyone is like you, and if you don't stop, I'll not only ask all non-Christian nations to stick with me, but also every Christian nation that isn't as nutty as yours!

As with all other nations, we allow the Papal states to do whatever they like with "Heretics" in their country, however, we refuse to do the same in Japan, you can deal with it, or start a suicidal war, I'll let you pick.

KINGDOM OF OCCITANIA
Flag:

Capital: Toulouse
Government: Feudal Monarchy
Religion: Official: Christianity, Majority: Christianity
Color: Mint
Economy: Wine, shipbuilding, cloth, farming and fishing
Style: Pretty peaceful, trading
Military: Standard army, standard navy
Income: 10g/turn
Military Tech: 1
Civilian Tech: 1
Armies: 1
Navies: 1
Claims:

In case you missed it, we offered you a DP. Our governments are very similar, religion aside (In the East Religion is considered unimportant) and our DP will help protect both of our interests on our respective continents.

EDIT: Even though we can't really do much about it, we do recognize Burgundy's borders.

On second consideration, England realized just who was governing this nation, and cannot accept any agreement at this time.

Will we need to send orders for this turn beyond our starting claims? Someone tell meh! :confused:

Oliver the giraffe accepted all free trade agreements on behalf of Mali.

We would also like to say that we're Muslim and proud!

England accepts this DP on the condition that the Papal States and Burgundy state their opinion on the matter, and notes that from this point on it is the only sovereign agreement it can accept this (turn).

Will we need to send orders for this turn beyond our starting claims? Someone tell meh! :confused:

You don't need to send any other orders.

The papacy will certainly oppose, and if they had their way you guys would declare war on us just for having free religion!

As I've said, I do not care how people administrate their own nations, at least, not enough to do anything about it. However, I do care about people calling me not only a heretic but someone who is not even deserving of an opinion on the Pope's ruling policy. He is nonsense. I am curious as to the Dutchy's opinion though.

Oliver the giraffe accepted all free trade agreements on behalf of Mali.

We would also like to say that we're Muslim and proud!

While Japan only has a 1% Muslim populace, this is simply because the other 99% have chosen not to be Muslims. Those that are Muslims are treated the same as other religions.

I hope your nation does the same for Buddhists/Shinto, however, we will not interfere and we offer a Free Trade Agreement.

The papacy will certainly oppose, and if they had their way you guys would declare war on us just for having free religion!

As I've said, I do not care how people administrate their own nations, at least, not enough to do anything about it. However, I do care about people calling me not only a heretic but someone who is not even deserving of an opinion on the Pope's ruling policy. He is nonsense. I am curious as to the Dutchy's opinion though.

While Japan only has a 1% Muslim populace, this is simply because the other 99% have chosen not to be Muslims. Those that are Muslims are treated the same as other religions.

I hope your nation does the same for Buddhists/Shinto, however, we will not interfere and we offer a Free Trade Agreement.

@Domination, please check my edited post, and the VM I sent you. Consider England outside of any DP with your nation at this point in time. We hope the Papacy will not be too disappointed with England's momentary (lasting seconds only, we assure you) lapse in judgement and faith.

I am not opposing, the Holy Father is, heretic. I am not nonsense, I speak the Father's words and thoughts.

On the order thing, check with a GM that isn't me first. I'm confused about that a little as well.

EDIT: England's lapse of judgment is noted, but will not be punished. Welcome back to the fold, brother.

Our Sphere of Influence is Western Russia from the Baltic to the Black Sea. Poland to the Urals.

Top Bottom