Imperium Offtopicum V

The first circumnavigation of the globe was in the 18th century, not the 15th. That's two-hundred years later.

Joe-

Do the American nations have contact with Europe? I.E. Can I talk/trade with Europe?

For simplicity's sake, yes.

As for the rest of you, I probably neglected to mention (or you just missed my post), right now it's pre-game. There are no signing of pacts, diplomatic actions, etc. until after the first update. I will not recognize any agreements before the first update. What you guys are all doing now is and can be considered spam, which is a bannable offense. Just be glad I'm letting it slide.

It seems a fair amount of you also forgot to read the rules, there are NO Trade Agreements. And you are limited to signing ONE diplomatic action per turn. Once again, if you break these rules, neither I or civplayah will be afraid to exercise our GM rights (Dommy, I'm looking at you).

EDIT: Also, as stated in the rules, please try and keep most diplomacy to PM's, it helps by NOT clogging up the thread, which has already started happening.

The first circumnavigation of the globe was in the 18th century, not the 15th. That's two-hundred years later.
It's not circumnavigation, it's about from Europe to Japan, which didn't happen until the Age of Exploration which starts around 50 years later with Christopher Columbis's discoveries.

This looks interesting. I guess I'll try it out

Nation: Island of Morea
Capital: Mistra
Government: Despotate
Military:
Map Color: Teal
Religion: Orthodox Christian

This looks interesting. I guess I'll try it out

Nation: Island of Morea
Capital: Mistra
Government: Despotate
Military:
Map Color: Teal
Religion: Orthodox Christian

interesting. i can assume that you will be friendly to Byzantium right?

@ The Pope- Your lack of reason has gone above and beyond. You are an irrational leader who is an insult to Italy. I am warning you, keep yourself scarce, and stay the heck out of Asia.

Also, if you declare war on ANYONE "Just because they are heathens" without reasonable cause, we will fight you, casus beli or no. We're already in embargo. Don't push it.

@Mathalamus- So long as violence isn't used, peaceful attempt to convert people to Christianity is completely allowed! However, if you want free access to our borders, our citizens will have to be given the same privledge.

@All reasonable Christian Nations (So far everybody but the Pope) Face it. The Pope is nuts. I understand your desire to stand with people of your own faith, and will not hold it against you. I have no issue with Christianity. However, if you ever decide the Pope is out of line, you can always side with us. We are really more universalist than Eastern Religious anyway, we accept everyone religiously. Our primary concerns are politics, not religion, however, as the Pope has made it about religion, we accept ANYONE who wishes to work with us and at the minimum send citizens here if they have "Religious issues."

@All Non-Christian Nations- PM me if you want to negotiate. We need to stand against the Pope's extremism.

EDIT: My people's Religious Beliefs as of 1453

Shinto- 40%

Buddhist- 30%

Hindu- 20%

Christian- 3%

Islam- 1%

The rest are either something else or have no belief.

However, we do tolerate all.

Truly, heathen, you have no bounds. You continue to rain insults upon us, while trying to make deals with our brothers. Begone!

OOC: Chill. This is pre-Reformation Europe. Role-playing as well. If I randomly start OOCing you and calling crusades for OOC reasons/no CB, then you're comments are warranted. However, I'm not.

OOC: As Cull has noted, this is the fifteenth century, long before the Reformation. I doubt a non-Christian is going to get very far by asserting that Catholics should either rise up against or simply ignore the Pope.

OOC: As Cull has noted, this is the fifteenth century, long before the Reformation. I doubt a non-Christian is going to get very far by asserting that Catholics should either rise up against or simply ignore the Pope.

OOC: Huss and Wycliffe preached prior to 1453, so Luther was not *exactly* the first one to speak out against the Catholic church.

Please keep the Off-Topic stuff to a minimum guys...

also remember our motto, Historical Accuracy be Damned

Please keep the Off-Topic stuff to a minimum guys...

also remember our motto, Historical Accuracy be Damned

While I don't think the Reformation happening early would be a huge deal, be careful when you say that. You don't want people building machine guns in 1500 do you?

We've already had a huge discussion about this historical stuff back in the old thread, and I do not wish to clog up this thread with it.

Any further discussion will be considered spam.

Kingdom of Ireland - CivGeneral - Dark Green
Capital: Dublin
Government: Monarchy
Income: TBD
Income: 10 gold/turn
Civilian tech: 1
Military Tech 1
Army, Navy: 1, 1

Map update as of 10:08PM EDT 8/1/2010

Spoiler Here be dragons! :

Notice, any of my posts that contains ALL bolded text indicates my GM voice. This is to make it easier to separate my posts

Should this be considered an update, or just a view of the developing world map?

Hmm... I like that idea CivG.

From now on, my GM voice will be Bolded, Red Text.

Lord of Evles said:
Should this be considered an update, or just a view of the developing world map?

It's not the update. You will be able to tell what's an update because 1. It will be posted by me, and 2. It will specifically say "update #n" in the title.

The Green Federation is somehow moderatly Catholic, even though it´s in South America. Historical Accuracy be damned, indeed. :)

EDIT: Double X-Post, and this is just a map view.

Top Bottom