Imperium Offtopicum V

The Duchy of Burgundy accepts the defensive pact with the English Confederation. Burgundian expansion is in teal.

((I'm thinking we each start with C/M 1/1 and thus make 11 gold a turn.))

This is what I wrote on LoE's wall. Any further questions, please direct at Tailess via PM or visitor message.

To avoid spamming up the thread even more, see the update's tech and econ part. You are making 7 gold a turn, and military level 1 costs 25 gold. Therefore, 7 is the gold invested in the 25 gold cost tech. 7/25. Even if you disband your army/navy(have to check with the other mods on this), for this turn you still only make 7 gold/turn.

In the economic part of the update, it said we all get 7 gold/turn, as of now. I invest all of my seven gold into civilian tech. ( 7/25)

Claims:
Spoiler :

My diplomacy shall be to sign a DP pact with Mali.

I claim the last Nebraska providence, all of Kansas, and the non-panhandle part of Oklahoma. I raise an army in my capitol, and the rest of my money in military!

UPDATE #1
Why is my empire not shown?

Edit: I am changing my color to crimson as it conflicts with Aysee's China color.

Edit 2: Changed the language. Here is a map claim update
Spoiler :

Edit 3: Xi'an Country
Capital: Xi'an
Government: Monarchy, with a council to guide him.
Military: Conscripts. No official army, but every male has to train with a weapon every Saturday
Color: Crimson
Religion: Taoism is our largest religion, But we also have large Confucius and Buddhists populations. We have no state religion.

Edit 4: I would like to put my entire income into Civic

Attachments

• iotvmap.jpg
    iotvmap.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Ici45.png
    Ici45.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 60
Why the hell is my empire not shown?

No need to use the word 'hell'. It sounds kinda rude. I'm sure it was a mistake or something (plus you chose a color the exact same as the country above you.)

Also, Mali claims this turn -

Empire of Mali 2.png

Oliver invests all 11 gold into Civilian reasearch. Mali must be rich to afford the Sultan's rich lifestyle.

And we have a DP with the Nile.

OOC: My claimed territory is in dark blue.
I'd like my income to be split between the Civilian and Military techs. (Just Civilian if I can't do that.)
View attachment Greekmap2.bmp

The Despotate of Morea does NOT acknowledge any leader of the Orthodox faith. However, we assure Byzantium that we want peace with them, not war. Our aggressive expansion was just a precaution

In the economic part of the update, it said we all get 7 gold/turn, as of now. I invest all of my seven gold into civilian tech. ( 7/25)

Claims:
Spoiler :

My diplomacy shall be to sign a DP pact with Mali.

Oh, if it is 11 gold we have, I'll invest it all into civilian tech.
EIDT: nevermind

Thank you Mali :hatsoff:

OOC: My claimed territory is in dark blue.
I'd like my income to be split between the Civilian and Military techs. (Just Civilian if I can't do that.)
View attachment 259855

The Despotate of Morea does NOT acknowledge any leader of the Orthodox faith. However, we assure Byzantium that we want peace with them, not war. Our aggressive expansion was just a precaution

fine. we request that Rhodes and Cyprus be our territory though. since you just limited expansion into Europe. that's the third game in a row someone did this...

i take it you don't acknowledge the pope either?

We do not acknoledge them as our leader, but we do believe they lead the Catholic faith.

We're fine with you having Rhodes and Cyprus. We want Crete however. If you want any other island, we would be pleased if you warned us first.

EDiT: X-Post

The Green Empire puts all gold into the military. Also, something happened to my paint so I can´t post a map. Claim as much of the Brazilian coast as possible North of my current lands.

A Synopsis of the English Confederation
Arising from the failure of William of Normandy to claim the English Throne in 1066 and the subsequent dissolving of the Kingdom of England following a decade of ineffective leadership by Harold Godwinson, the English Confederation is divided into the Kingdoms of Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria and Kent. The capitol of the Confederation is the city of London, which is not claimed by any of the Kingdoms thereof and is treated as a neutral meeting place for the election of the Lord-Protector, and the resolving of disputes between the Kingdoms. London is acknowledged by all the Kingdoms as such as center of government and non-aligned territory, and the meeting place of the Council of the Four Kingdoms, or simply the Council of the Four.

Each Kingdom is represented by its monarch, and every ten years one of the monarchs is elected to the status of Lord or Lady-Protector, who speaks for the entirety of the Confederation. Despite the role of the House of Wessex in bringing tumbling down the Kingdom of England, the greater majority of Lord-Protectors in the history of the Confederation have come from it, including the most recent head of state, Aethelred the Warborne, or Aethelred of Wessex.

The Kingdoms themselves maintain their own armies, but are required to pool a portion of these armies into the Army of the Confederacy which serves the Confederation itself instead of the Kingdoms that are made up of it. Opposition is understandably staunch to including absorbed territory in Cornwall into the Confederation as separate Kingdoms, not only because of the Celtic heritage of these regions, but because adding to the Council would tip the tenuous balance of the Kingdoms. As that is, however, the squabble over what territories belong to what Kingdom is almost if not as heated as any debate over the addition of Kingdoms to the Confederation would be.

On the subject of the status of Britons in the Confederation, the Britannic lower class of feudal farm hands remains the order of the day. Several Celtic families of the nobility exist, but by the terms of the Confederation's Charter, families of non-Anglo-Saxon descent are forbidden from seeking the crown of any of the Kingdoms, and thus prevented from gaining for a Celt the status of Lord-Protector. After all, what would be the use of fighting against the Normans for England's freedom to turn it over to a Briton?

Roman Catholocism in the voice of the Pope is acknowledged as the official religion of the Confederation, based in Northumbria's capitol of Canterbury, which makes Northumbria the chief cultural and spiritual force in the Confederation, while Wessex and Mercia represent the military force thereof, being the largest Kingdoms.

We do not acknoledge them as our leader, but we do believe they lead the Catholic faith.

We're fine with you having Rhodes and Cyprus. We want Crete however. If you want any other island, we would be pleased if you warned us first.

we didn't want Crete anyway. thank you for negotiating with us. :)

ill follow lord of elves example and post just what happened to Byzantium.

His Holiness,

Morea would like to receive your approval on our planned expansion into what may be interpreted as your sphere of influence. We would be grateful if you'd let us expand into the islands of Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica. We are willing to engage in any level of negotiation.

Spending:
Since I'm a little confused, no spending this turn.
7g/turn
Civilian Tech: Level 1, 0/25
Military Tech: Level 1, 0/25

Diplomacy:
To: His Holiness, The Pope

We wish to sign a Guarantee of Independence for your nation, as the rebellious Orthodox and the Muslims are flourishing in the south-east.

Relationship with Pope: Faithful
(to reflect the change that is coming with the Reformation)

Religion:
Official: Roman Catholic
Majority: Roman Catholic

War:
Nothing except disbanding of the army and navy, for fighting other than in the name of God is for sinful nations.

Claims attached. We also changed our green to a darker green so that we don't conflict on colors with Burgundy. Also, if people could shorten the map to the region of their nation, it would save a LOT of space for more attachments.

Attachments

• IOTVMap.png
    IOTVMap.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 52
Been lurking for a few IOTs, time to join one

The Tribal Kingdom of South Africa

Spoiler Flag :

Capital: Cape Town
Language: Zulu
Leader: Chieftan Khanyisile
Style: Expansionist
Color: Hot Pink
Religion: Islam with tolerance of others
Treaties:
  • Islamic Alliance
  • DP with The Great Empire of the Nile
  • DP with Empire of Mali

Spoiler Claims :

Income: 23 gold/turn
Number of Territories: 22
Civilian tech: 2 (25/50)
Military Tech 1 (3/25)
Army, Navy: 0, 0

Attachments

• south-african-flag.gif
    south-african-flag.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 240
  • iotvmap.png
    iotvmap.png
    430 KB · Views: 208
Summary of the Byzantine Empire

the Seige of Constantinople by the forces of the Ottomans were in the fourth week. Byzantine forces were weakened but relentless in defending their motherland. just when all hope was lost, the Ottoman turks vanished into thin air. there was general confusion as to what happen but it became clear that the Byzantine Government also vanished without a trace. the merchants also vanished without a trace, causing momentary panic.

before any real damage occurred, a young man, known as 'Matthew Barabas' took control fo the Byzantine throne. the Emperor took an unusual step in allowing the people to vote to legitimize the action. it was passed by a landslide and Barabas appointed replacement Governors for the nation.

since the Turkish people vanished, but not the Equipment, the Byzantine army captured 70 ottoman ships and enough equipment for (in Byzantine quality) 20,000 people. the total military size is:

the Byzantine land of morea in modern day sparta broke off anyways and formed their own Government. Byzantium chose to let them go, and treated them as an independent nation.

the Byzantine Empire has expanded to be thousands of times bigger than what they previously held. the period was hailed as a Miracle of Byzantium.

army: 24,000 people, using mostly Turkish equipment.
Navy: 96 galleys. most captured gunpowder, few Greek fire types.

( sorry if it seems too odd, but i had this in my head for days)

I'm sorry, but me claiming to have super spies was considered power gaming in the last IOT, and having 26000 people vanish into thin air isn't...

i was trying to explain what happened. clearly the Government vanished but nothing else did. i tried my best to make it up. sorry, but having equipment for only 26 ships and 4000 people really stretches the army.

Top Bottom