Legions

Congrats on the first and successful mod.
Question, stacked? Does that mean what I think it means? You've brought stackable units to a game that does not stack units? I was worried about that CiV feature I'd read about (don't own yet), but worried no more. Can the AI stack too?
Thanks and again, well done Kael.

I guess its awesome for peeps who want Civ4 combat again, i however do not :)

Yeap, thats the beauty of modding. We can do things that appeal to different people. I love one unit per tile, I think it was a brilliant design decision. But a friend requested a mod with 1upt disabled so I made it.

The nice thing about modularity is that it works together with other mods. I always play Queen of Iceni, but sometimes I play with Legions enabled, and sometimes I dont. Just depends on my preference.

But I don't expect it to be everyones preference, pick what you like.

:thumbsdown:

Removal of 1UPT limit is bad.

1. Ruins all tactics of combat
2. Returns dumb SODs
3. Leads to memory leak and possible crashes.

no offense to the author, understand he did what other guys wanted...

I repeat an above question: does the AI stack too? and cleverly?

Yes the AI stacks, and it is the AI so "cleverly" may be expecting to much.

:thumbsdown:

Removal of 1UPT limit is bad.

1. Ruins all tactics of combat
2. Returns dumb SODs
3. Leads to memory leak and possible crashes.

no offense to the author, understand he did what other guys wanted...

No stress, its just a mod, not an attempt to get Firaxis to remove 1upt or a claim that Firaxis was wrong to create 1upt (they weren't 1upt is awesome). It's just something fun to play with.

Memory leaks? Can you post the source for this?

There is no source for this, this is an XML only mod.

There is no source for this, this is an XML only mod.
Really? This is really just an XML mod?

...holy crap. :eek2:

Well, that gives me hope for my own modding ambitions. :lol:

And may I just say, I'll probably never use this mod since I love 1 unit per tile (or hex, I should say). It should, however, make a nice base for anyone else who has a grand vision of a mod that relies on stacking units. For that, and because people have a recourse for reversing 1upt on day two and thus no longer need to complain about it, I am glad this mod exists.

Stacking units again, hmm. So can two or more Worker work on the same tile with this and degrade the build time?

I personally feel like stacking ruins the point of Civ5, but to each their own. That said, I really like the promotions. Is there any possible way you could release a version without the stacking/lower city HP, and just the promotion modifications? I've never modded Civ, so I have no idea how complicated it would be.

I personally feel like stacking ruins the point of Civ5, but to each their own. That said, I really like the promotions. Is there any possible way you could release a version without the stacking/lower city HP, and just the promotion modifications? I've never modded Civ, so I have no idea how complicated it would be.

I thought about that. I didn't feel like the promotions on their own were enough to justify a mod (though I do love hos in civ5 you can run multiple mods together so it makes creating smaller, more focused, mods a better idea). But I do like having more promotion options, especially at low levels, so I may be looking into a larger mod that rebuilds the entire promotion tree and would include these.

I wasn't considering getting civ 5 (since it lack things like religions.), but if more mods like this start coming out, I'll definitely have more interest. :)

They said it wold be the most mod friendly CIV yett so I wold not be supriced if we did get something like that :D

EDIT:
@Kael
Oh and yea nice job, I will probably never use this mod but I think its a good thing to have if for example you ever gett tired/anoyed in the 1upt thingy.

Nice job m8! :)

So there is actually content in the mod browser now? When I checked last night there was nothing.

good job guys!

You may have been looking on the Installed tab. The interface isn't very intuitive, but if you click on the Online tab you can see all the available mods.

Just had to ask, how easy/hard wold you estimate it is to expand the number of civs in a game will be?

What do you mean? Do you mean adding a new civ to the game (Queen of the Iceni adds the Celtic civ to the game)? Or do you mean placing more civs on the map (so that instead of starting with 10 civs on a large map you start with 15)?

What do you mean? Do you mean adding a new civ to the game (Queen of the Iceni adds the Celtic civ to the game)? Or do you mean placing more civs on the map (so that instead of starting with 10 civs on a large map you start with 15)?

Yea like the 50 civs mod in CIV IV, more like for the futur as there isent that many civs yett :D

havent got the game yett so I have no idea how it works.

Yea like the 50 civs mod in CIV IV, more like for the futur as there isent that many civs yett :D

havent got the game yett so I have no idea how it works.

It's not that hard. Queen of the Iceni adds a new Civ. And since you can run multiple mods together in Civ5 you dont need a mod with 50 civs, you can run the 50 mods that add your favorite civs.

And since you can run multiple mods together in Civ5 you dont need a mod with 50 civs, you can run the 50 mods that add your favorite civs.

I think Erik is speaking about the issue where the maximum number of civs in any one game (18) was compiled into the DLL.

Top Bottom