IOT: Ab Antiquo - Sign-Up/Pre-Game Thread

Alright, I've updated the front pages with the current list of players. The game will start this weekend. Until then, new people can still join, and please do. :)

Two changes to the game. Firstly, I've got rid of the National Focus feature for this game; it's a minor feature and I've decided to cut it for balance reasons. Secondly, due to the serious lack of players joining in India, I am cutting off that part of the map, which is everything east of and including the line Sind-Sattygydia-Gandhara-Kustana.

I am so in! :king:

Secondly, due to the serious lack of players joining in India, I am cutting off that part of the map, which is everything east of and including the line Sind-Sattygydia-Gandhara-Kustana.

:sad: I was totally going to play as the Mauryan empire... I was going to be near-constantly having violent coups so that my state religion could be changed between Hinduism and Buddhism...

Ah, well, in that case, I shall be...

The Holy Hittite See.

Centred around the city of Virotustas in their Cappadocian heartland, the Hittites live by the three virtues of Preparation, Preparation and Prostitution.

Religion
The Hittites worship many a God, with a God for almost every occasion. Forgot to buckle the belt on your kilt on a Tuesday before going to market? Then you'd better pray to Shursil that it doesn't fall down. Once you get to the market, this becomes Hashuppuluma's domain. The chief Gods are Virote, the God of directly-looking-into-the-sun-with-a-telescope-at-midday-on-Saturday and Taor, the Goddess of being-married-to-the-chief-God-Virote (so, as you can probably guess, many attractive young maidens while their days away worshiping her!)

Government
The Hittite government is a Theocratic Monarchy, with the head of state being elected, as with the modern Holy See, by the high priests upon the death of the former head of state, with any male in the land technically being illegible to be elected. Likewise, His Holiness the Arch-High Priest, as he is known, appoints and de-points the high priests. It is surely just a mere coincidence that since time immemorial, the Arch-High Priests have all come from the same paternal bloodline, and the high priests are generally related to the Arch-High Priest...

Arch-High Priests do, as doctrine dictates, take on the name of their chief God, Virote. Such legendary kings as Virote XXI and Virote Conshusha are remembered for their great skills as leaders, while others, such as Virote Xenos and Virote XXXIX are more well remembered for their incompetence, cowardice, and in Virote XXXIX's case, treachery.

Languages
All official correspondence must be undertaken in Nešili, upon punishment of a fine of the equivalent of two donkeys and a year's supply of manure for a 1 acre plot. Other languages spoken in Hatti are Proto-Nešili, Neo-Nešili, Neo-Proto-Nešili and English.

That'll do for this post :)

illyria God-Kingdom

Capital = illyria
Leader = The God-King
Government = Divine Monarchy
Official Language = illyrian

NOTE: I have no idea if there was a real illyrian kingdom so i apologise if i annoyed a history buff :)

PREFERRED NATION COLOUR: DARK GREEN

We can figure something out. Didn't realise everyone was so close. There isn't a diplomacy section that i can see so i assume any agreements are just based on trust.

I apologise if i'm not supposed to take this into my own hands, don't take it as the official thing or proper colours it was just so everyone could see their neighbours

Spoiler :

The pale purple of Rome works for me. This looks like it'll be tight for some people, notably the Africans :D

Religion
The Hittites worship many a God, with a God for almost every occasion. Forgot to buckle the belt on your kilt on a Tuesday before going to market? Then you'd better pray to Shursil that it doesn't fall down. Once you get to the market, this becomes Hashuppuluma's domain. The chief Gods are Virote, the God of directly-looking-into-the-sun-with-a-telescope-at-midday-on-Saturday and Taor, the Goddess of being-married-to-the-chief-God-Virote (so, as you can probably guess, many attractive young maidens while their days away worshiping her!)
Any male pagan deity worthy of being called male would have the attractive young maidens worshipping him, not his consort. Just saying.

Yeah, but if the only way to get with said deity was to worship his consort...

...Anyway, who are you to question these peoples' belief system? I see a holy war coming along! :p

Well, you filthy pagans are already two provinces away, let's hope that my civilised fleets can help my infantry destroy your barbarian hordes.

You also forget - I'm currently landlocked!

And you say you're the civilized ones and I'm the barbarians? Pah! You haven't even invented writing yet!

@Darth Caesar: Latium is already in Arakhorian hands.

@Virote_Considon: then how am I writing then?

Top Bottom