Really furious!

3000-2400 BC Turn Report, Part II of IV

Turn 29: 2840 BC
start working on the barb camp to the east

a good start:

barb camp discovered to the northwest

Turn 30: 2800 BC
barb camp to the northwest spawns a warrior, in the open, so I kill it right away

This is the camp to the east:

our odds are good, so we finish off the camp...

...discovering the great barrior reef, but gaining no recruits

And the south camp:

odds are good:

this time we gain a new recruit! (Also note, it looks like that other barb tangled with that scout)

Turn 31: 2760 BC
the barb moves closer but does not attack,

forcing me to waste a turn killing him

worker finishes, move to make a mine, as planned

cannot attack the camp to the northwest yet,

as the odds are not in my favor

I move to the forest to heal, I see the edge of another city state

Turn 32: 2720 BC
the warrior to the east moves onto the hill before healing, and I spy a very damaged barbarian warrior to the east, perhaps that is near an AI city

Before healing, I move west to meet the city state (Copenhagen/maritime),

also meeting England (who is trespassing) in the process

who has this for trade:

Turn 33: 2680 BC
Berlin grows to size 4

The warrior that found Budapest finds another camp across the river fork

Most of the other warriors are now healing (one at berlin)

continued in part III

3000-2400 BC Turn Report, Part III of IV

Turn 34: 2640 BC
Our worker completes, 23 turns to finish pyramid

This is our city with the defualts:

The tiles its working:

If I manually tweak our tiles,

I can get it down to 17 turns,

but stagnate us (it would have been 18 turns to grow anyway).

I decide to go ahead, stagnating for now, to finish pyramids faster. I will farm the plains tile with the new worker, once its done, the next person should switch work to that tile, losing 2 gold but no longer stagnating

Our fresh recruit discovers a camp just northeast of Berlin

Here is the camp further to the north, at the river confluence

I decide not to attack across the river, not caring for the odds, and take a couple turns to move into position (I have to cross two rivers to get to that side)

That wounded barbarian wanders below us in the east,

so I decide to take some free exp

(interturn)
barbarian attacks us in open ground, we lose 4 health, he lost 8.

Turn 35: 2600 BC
I decide to finish that warrior off, risking retailiation from the camp in the next interturn

worker starts a farm on the plains river (6 turns)

(interturn)
Napoleon finds us -

(his trade options)

with a crossbow!

I suspect his scout double upgraded at ruins. One thing I think we missed out on with the early focus on barbarian camps, I think we got fewer ruins than normal. Perhaps we should have skipped some camps to explore more?

Turn 36: 2560 BC
We start on the camp across the river to the north, now that we are in position

I heal in place with our warrior, I want to be ready to attack if Napoleon shoots the camp

(interturn)
England offers to trade open borders. In the interest of exploration, I accept.

Turn 37: 2520 BC
Warrior near Copenhegen finishes healing, moves back to attack the camp next turn

A new brute was spawned at the north camp across the river,

but I attack to clear the camp anyway, hoping the river will be enough protection,

and we get a new recruit!

I take the shock promotion with our wounded warrior, for a little extra insurance

France moved his crossbow, but did not attack, so I continue to heal in place (I cannot finish them in one turn, and I do not want him getting it)

continued in part IV

3000-2400 BC Turn Report, Part IV of IV

Turn 38: 2480 BC
The french crossbowman continues to move, I am almost certain he is an upgraded scout, still on scouting mission. A pity the AI does not seem to recognize the promotion and reassign him a new mission

Mine finished, pyramids down to 12 turns!

2 turns until calendar,

so I spend one turn on a farm, then cancel the action, next turn I will cross the river, and the following turn he can start work on the river incense

I do not like the odds by Copenhagen,

so I take the Drill promotion,

improving the odds only slightly, the battle odds go a bit against us, and we each take 4 damage

(interturn)
China offers open borders,

again I take it, for the same reason. We did not discuss what to do with open borders. (Another option is to sell our open borders for 50g without taking theirs, but I thought we would want it for exploration)

Turn 39: 2440 BC
The camp to the north spawns another warrior,

I decide to take a turn healing (as the barbarians do not heal, this will improve my odds)

I also take the Drill II promotion

An Iroquois city is just to our northeast, in the forest,

they seem to be the closest civ, but hard to reach, being in the forest, need to explore their borders.

The barbarian warrior moves closer to us, so rather than heal in place, I move across the river

(interturn)
Oda offers a pact of secrecy against Elizabeth.

I think we want the AIs fighting each other, so I accept, but really not sure about this one. I already have open borders with Elizabeth, I am not sure if this was a mistake.

Egypt finds us.

(his trade)

The Iroquois found another city, it's borders pop into existance.

Turn 40: 2400 BC
Calendar researched,

the next player can decide what is next. I would think either writing or animal husbandry (to get trapping), but bronze working is another choice

This is our overall unit situation:

6 Warriors total now, we are close to the unit limit for one city, we should either attack the Iroquois or build a settler, my vote would be attack, even his new city will increase our unit limit, and it might be more lightly defended (or it might not). Make sure you puppet it, do not annex (you can always annex later, you can never puppet later).

Here is an overview of the explored lands, the north and west:

and the east:

The camp to nw will be clear in a bit:

The near camp should fall this turn, with two warriors to attack with:

Here we have our wounded unit in the central forest, with an uninjured unit to his east, and the Iroquois lands

And here is the far east, note the barbarian camp that respawned to the southwest of our warrior. If we are gathering forces, we might want to move him back to clear that, it may have a barbarian archer recruit, which we could sorely use.

We have a lot of options, but my vote would be to start gathering forces toward the Iroquois.

-Iustus

Attachments

• furious 2400 bc_converted.Civ5Save
    628.3 KB · Views: 119
Looks like there is a camp respawn to the south of berlin as well, I missed the message while I was playing.

I think I went a little overboard with the pictures this round, it has been a while since I did a turn report. I tend to be a visual person and get the story better when there are pictures to go along with it, I hope others enjoy that as well.

(Even if the pictures are tiny, there is a 30 image limit per post, which is why my report is split up)

Quick note before part 2: Ais provide a lot of worker if conquered so the mids won't be the boost you had expected. (since it boosts contruction speed of the worker not their efficiency iirc)

Yeah, 2 turns of farm were done before starting the quarry to keep our little boy busy. I thought I reported it but maybe I just forgot :)

edit: part 2 out of 4!!! awesome report already! :lol: ok I finish the reading...

OK, a short comment as I won't open the save tonight (late here :p). Very nice report! I wonder about the pact of secrecy with the japanese though. As I understand it, it makes relations increase if you don't do anything with the third party, in which case it deteriorates relations. I am not sure if this includes past deals (here our OBs). I guess we will find out. More comments on the rest tomorrow. BUt whoah, such a nice report man :goodjob:

edit: Roster

Iustus -> just played!
Ungy -> up!
Rusten -> on deck!
Emperor Peter, Estarioll, Raskolnikov -> counting pics!

@Iustus: Loading the save causes a runtime error, same as this week end for your first converted save. :)

Wow, I feel like we have to record video after your report. It's so detailed and great - it's like I'm already playing. :)

Actually, video reports sound quite interesting... What do you think? I know that SGs are all about traditions, and reading is fun. But what will be more fun - reading or watching? :mischief:

Oh, and also a suggestion - we have a lot of barbs exploring here and there. Maybe we should rename them like Barb1, Barb2 and then just announce who we moved and where. Seems that we'll be having a lot of infantry and it's not that easy to understand what barb we are talking about even now.

And some ideas about next tech - I suppose we should go for Iron. First, to locate it and build/conquer a city near it. Second, to be able to upgrade our massive brutes into strong army later. If we opt for domination with no military production, we must have better and more tech-advanced troops than AI.

So I'd propose Bronze Working and Iron, but it's up to you to decide, Ungy. :crazyeye:

Actually, video reports sound quite interesting... What do you think? I know that SGs are all about traditions, and reading is fun. But what will be more fun - reading or watching? :mischief:

Feel free to make one for your turn report, though I won't impose any format. Some might not have the equipement to do the video and some will be too lazy (like me :mischief:) to do one. But definatly go for it if you feel like it :goodjob:

Oh, and also a suggestion - we have a lot of barbs exploring here and there. Maybe we should rename them like Barb1, Barb2 and then just announce who we moved and where. Seems that we'll be having a lot of infantry and it's not that easy to understand what barb we are talking about even now.

Same. Do as you like. Though no renaming of units back and forth (ie a unit changing name every round isn't good). Though find better than "barb1", "barb2"... a bit boring if you ask me :p

What is important imo is to notify other players from the important things gameplay wise. You do it as you want :D.

edit since you edited too!

If we opt for domination with no military production, we must have better and more tech-advanced troops than AI.

That's "as", not "if" ;) But agreed.

So I'd propose Bronze Working and Iron, but it's up to you to decide, Ungy. :crazyeye:

More once I get to open the save. But just to be precise, most of the decisions are made by team consensus of course. The turn player has not a wild card on every moves. ;)

Raskolnikov

Ok, here we go, try two. I have to say this is really frustrating :(

Attachments

• furious 2400bc again_converted.Civ5Save
    628.3 KB · Views: 95
It's working fine thanks. Maybe it's worth reporting the unconsistency to Gyathaar. It is maybe just a quick fix needed.
I'll post comments after work.

for Gyaathar, these are the unconverted saves. All I did to make the second one was load the first save, then save again, then convert that. (Each time you save, you seem to get something different, programming at its finest)

Attachments

• furious 2400 bc.Civ5Save
    627.4 KB · Views: 67
  • furious 2400bc again.Civ5Save
    627.4 KB · Views: 106
for Gyaathar, these are the unconverted saves. All I did to make the second one was load the first save, then save again, then convert that. (Each time you save, you seem to get something different, programming at its finest)

I will have a look later.. strange effect.. since I dont have deluxe myself i didnt have that many saves to work with in the first place..

OK here's some thoughts:

I attack the camp near Berlin to see if we get another brute (we do:)).

I'm not so wild about the 'mids. We should capture a bunch of workers anyway. I'm thinking we should switch to stonehenge.

I don't have experience with it but I think we're about as well set up for a rush as we could be. Our NW warrior is I think too far to heal and get in action but we can get the other 6 in action in around 8 turns or so I think.

If we switch to stonehenge and get it we can get the discipline promo in 14 turns.

I'd be for writing --lib is OK here I think as we don't have much to build.

Sell incense as soon as it's available and ally with Budapest.

So need input:

1. rush or no rush

2. switch to stonehenge?

3. tech writing?

I will have a look later.. strange effect.. since I dont have deluxe myself i didnt have that many saves to work with in the first place..
Hmm.. seems like my program must have some kind of bug.. it stripped 8MB of data away from the save that it should not have...

Will identify the bug and upload a new version (will make it strip the growing version string data in the save too that might be a problem in succession games where the save tends to be loaded many times)

Top Bottom