New unit: Phoenician Bireme

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

This unit was one of the first real warships used by humans. The phoenician bireme.

This unit has some differences some people might find useful. It can be used atleast in two ways (in attack-wise):
1# The default attack is the one that has a fortify (lowering the sails and taking down the mast): it rams first, then shoots a volley (or several volleys) of arrows.
2# The alternative version is more Civ3-like - it just shoots a volley of arrows like the regular civ3 galley.

The files: Phoenician Bireme

Animations for the default bireme:

Changes of the animations in the alternative bireme:

A "civilopedia image" as an attachment in this post

Attachments

• BiremeXLarge.gif
    BiremeXLarge.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 5,229
awesome!, perhaps you could do a Minoan ship next- th eMinoans after all truelly were the first people with a navy in the entire world (a picture f aminoan **** to follow shortley)

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres a Minoan ship- though that said, any time I would prefer that the Roman quinqireme be done first (along with a leonardo unit or two... ;))

Too bad all that nice detail has to be shrunken to that size. Nice touches with the animations (and very kind of you to provide two versions) I especially like the arrow volley after the ramming attack. :)

:wallbash: This is so good I have to find out how to fit it in my mod.

Okay, the ONLY problem I can find with this WONDERFULL unit is that when it sinks due to loss in trechourous waters or another non-combat death, the sail just vanishes. Ah-well. Not a big issue and there is nothing you can do to correct it.

Friggin AWESOME, though. I love it.

Good point, Goldflash (the sinking in treatcherous waters).

I guess you just have to make the oceans&seas impassable to wheeled, and make this a wheeled unit then :)

BTW, The only type of non-combat death (in addition to the treatcherous waters-thingy) is disband. And who on earth would be so dumb to disband a ship in open sea? Or disband at all? (it's such a nice ship and all :mischief: :p ;) )

Beautiful unit. :goodjob: Ancient naval warfare gets better and better.

Top Bottom