New Unit: Bomb Thrower "Improved" (25th aug, 2023)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
This unit is game tested!

A Bomb thrower as it might've existed in the salpeter era. Part fantasy part reality.

Some of you might know that the very first unit I ever uploaded to this website was a bomb thrower. I always felt like I had to improve on it, and now that I have some better skills I finally did.

Previews:

BombPrev2.gif

Runs at better speeds ingame!
(run - default - fidget - default - fortify - attackB - attackA - victory - fortify - attackA - death)

BombPrev1.gif

I could not for the life of me make a 3d explosion so in the end I gave up and used kinboats smoke style to create an explosion. I downloaded one I thought looked nice off the internet and put it in there on kinboats smoke prop with some homemade alpha textures.

I included some sounds which Im quite happy with. The only thing is that since the attack animation is quite slow, if this unit dies on an "uneven" health total, the attack sound will play as it loses his last hitpoint and so will his death sound. The death sound obviously also incudes an explosion sound so it explodes twice, so to say. Other than that, Im very happy with how it turned out.

I created a fidget too where he accidentally lights the bomb, thought it would be funny.

Enjoy!

Download HERE

This unit is game tested!

A Bomb thrower as it might've existed in the salpeter era. Part fantasy part reality.

Some of you might know that the very first unit I ever uploaded to this website was a bomb thrower. I always felt like I had to improve on it, and now that I have some better skills I finally did.

Previews:

View attachment 670716
Runs at better speeds ingame!
(run - default - fidget - default - fortify - attackB - attackA - victory - fortify - attackA - death)

View attachment 670717

I could not for the life of me make a 3d explosion so in the end I gave up and used kinboats smoke style to create an explosion. I downloaded one I thought looked nice off the internet and put it in there on kinboats smoke prop with some homemade alpha textures.

I included some sounds which Im quite happy with. The only thing is that since the attack animation is quite slow, if this unit dies on an "uneven" health total, the attack sound will play as it loses his last hitpoint and so will his death sound. The death sound obviously also incudes an explosion sound so it explodes twice, so to say. Other than that, Im very happy with how it turned out.

I created a fidget too where he accidentally lights the bomb, thought it would be funny.

Enjoy!

Download HERE
Wow. nice and very usefull unit !

Top Bottom