Viking Longboat

Kal-el

Deity
Here is the Viking Longboat. It is a conversion from the AoK unit with a bit of the Civ3 Galley thrown in for the oars and arrows effect. Unfortunately there is noe death animation for the AoK longboat and I am not able to put one together from the parts. So here is the run, attack and default animations and if someone wants to put together a death animation from these and that would be great. The ini file is currently set to play the galley death.

Attachments

• longboat_.zip
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,468
here's a preview

Attachments

• longboatattack.gif
    longboatattack.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 4,148
Wow, I'm so good I'm getting credit for units I didn't even make :) It does look really cool Kinbo... I mean Kal-el.

I dont think the death flic is important. great job kal-el, did you use Gmax?!?!?!??! Is that possible? I tried converting the aok units but no luck. Btw does this mean more aok units to come? :goodjob:

Zulu,

I haven't seen the death flic yet. I wish someone would make it.

PCH,

No, I used an image extractor to grab the bmps from AoK and then I used Photoshop to transpose the images over the galley. There was no death animation in any of my AoK files so I couldn't do a simple conversion.

JimmyH is the man to see about other AoK units. I needed this one for my mod and he was unable to do it using his utility so I did it myself. But I am not eager to go through that process again. Sorry.

You know, it wouldn't be hard to do. Just use my old mate cut 'n paste to slap the viking sail and dragon's head onto the existing galley death flc, or onto that sailess Persian Galley I made.

However, as you know, I am far too busy with something begining with 'M' and ending with '...donians' at the moment :crazyeye:!

JimmyH is the man to see about other AoK units.
Yeah I know but he said he was, 'lying low' :eek: LoL, he's been hiding ever since they got Sonny ;)
Again great job! I got excited when I saw an AoK ship, something that JimmyH said wasnt possible with his utility...
Messed up the ini? Hmmmmm Mine wasnt messed up!???! maybe I Fixed it without knowing, Was it the Sfx? I notice alot of people leave out the ..\\ for instance if I made a legionary and wanted it to have swordsman sfx I would just do

..\Swordman\SwordmanAttackA.amb

I have a feeling you know this but just in case someone does a search ;) Btw wrong sound files will crash the game

I`m working on a 1066 - The conquest of England - scenario, and I would really love to use the longboat. To get the longboat finished I`ve started to complete the unit. I haven`t done so much so far, but I give you a little preview of the death animation. Does it look okay so far? It`s a while to completion though....

Originally posted by PCHighway
Yeah I know but he said he was, 'lying low' :eek: LoL, he's been hiding ever since they got Sonny ;) QUOTE]

what happened to Sonny?

Looks good Athelstane, I see you got the South animation done.
But like I said Earlier the Death animation isnt to important, most boats look alike when they sink. . . But this adds more to the originality of the unit.
Btw Zulu, Thats a reference to the movie\book "The God father"

Originally posted by PCHighway
But like I said Earlier the Death animation isnt to important, most boats look alike when they sink. . . But this adds more to the originality of the unit.

Well, I gave it a try. But I couldn`t make it work earlier. I downloaded it again, and this time it worked. I must`ve gotten the first version......:) Now it works, and you were right.

Originally posted by PCHighway But take a look at the link to see how a real vikingship are like.

Yeah, and???? I think Kal-El has done a fabulous job. It really looks good, and it looks like a real vikingship.

I will use the unit as it is, in my scenario, and have started working on the housecarl.

like the sound of that scenario Athelstane!

Top Bottom