New unit 1/3/11: US Cavalry 1863

TopGun

258 kills

From the TopGun stables to your game screens: My first cavalry unit, the United States Cavalry from 1863.

Credits go to Wyrmshadow for the model and the animations. Thanks man!

Ares provided some sounds to go with this unit. You can find them here.

Happy New Year to y'all at CFC! :)

Download it here.

Enjoy!

There is something very odd about the run animation. The last frame seems to be doubled.

Nice 1st cavalry unit.
If this will help...I removed the 1st Frames from all Flcs because they were duplicates due to Civ3flcEdit.
I kept the Flc speeds the same but you might want to change them.

Attachments

• Removed 1st Frames.zip
    666.2 KB · Views: 88
Thanks Vuldacon for fixing that darn 1st frame issue... :blush:

@Ares: What's wrong with the _32 pcx? I copied it into my units_32 file and it looks OK. A little small due to the perspective, but OK. Please let me know what you noticed.

No Problwm TopGun my Friend... it is the program. Use Flicter to prevent that with new units.
I know both programs and both have their uses... still, I prefer Flicster over all.

The only thing Flicster does not do is offsets as Civ3Flicedit does but that is really no problem.

Wonderful unit TopGun! I thought you might enjoy seeing it in-game....

OldWest2 - Cav Visiting Reno.jpg
Visiting Reno

OldWest2 - Cav at Fort Boise.jpg
Guarding Ft. Boise

@Ares: What's wrong with the _32 pcx? I copied it into my units_32 file and it looks OK. A little small due to the perspective, but OK. Please let me know what you noticed.

It was in RGB mode, so the colors were messed up when putting it into the units-32 file. Just a minor problem, I fixed it myself. The unit itself is very good, I'm already using it in my game. Thank you! :)

Btw, if you need any sounds for it, I could send you those I'm using.

Thanks for pointing out the RGB error in the _32 file. And yes, I would love to add your sounds to the unit!

Wonderful unit TopGun! I thought you might enjoy seeing it in-game....

Yes, that is always cool, because I did not start a new game since I made the unit.

Hopefully this wont be considered as a bump ...
Thank you for this unit.
Following on from Balthasars request...
If Wrymshadow would allow you to use his units as a base would it be possible to perhaps convert say his Polish Lancer to be US Cavalry Flagbearers .
The US Cavalry often wore Kepis instead of brimmed hats
Two versions would be great ,one with a US Flag and the other with a "unit pennant"

Top Bottom