• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hiawatha-Emperor - Ghandi is out of control...

Habsburg83

Chieftain
This is the first time I am posting in this forum but I was looking for some strategic advice:

(I have attached the saved game):

Some facts and figures:

I have chosen a random leader and ended up with Hiawatha. I found the fountain of youth early in the game and close to my capital - this gave me some happy-room to expand early in the game. Then (as usual) Washington declared - so I had to take him out. Then Ramsess declared but I wasn't powerful enough to kill him. I defended decently and haven't lost any city to him. Then Rome declared on me so I had to kill them (that worked). Then (all of the sudden) another civ showed up - Ghandi. Not powerful at all back then, way out there on the map so I didn't care. I was first in Literacy, first in soldiers and GNP so I thought - well I will go the apollo-route to win the game. But then the skinny indian got totally crazy. He took out Germany first, then Egypt and kept suggesting to kill off Darius (who is really waaaaaay out there). he wanted to be friends so I said yes (since everyone else hated me for killing Rome). Then I realized that I slipped back in literacy to the second position (difference was just 2 techs but still) and Ghandi was allied with ALL (!) city states... He is also nbr 1 on the scoreboard now. So I thought well - my army is not so weak so I can keep up and defend if he attacks. He didn't seem to have replacable parts but a wicked nbr of artilleries. So, given that he finished Patronage has himeji castle AND the Kremlin, the only option that I had was to kill off some of his allies. I killed now one easily (Southeast) but that pissed him off. He finished the Manhattan Project 2 turns ago but I am 16 turns away from the bomb but I have Nuclear fision already. - BUT(!!!) although my empire is pretty big I have NO(!!!!) Uranium and no city state has uranium I believe... What to do? If I keep killing off city states that crazy dude is going to bomb me away... :)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• Hiawatha_0266 AD-1780.Civ5Save
    788.4 KB · Views: 62
I can't load your save game.

You're playing with a DLC I don't have, or a mod I don't have?

Edit: I play late-game a lot. Regardless, Gandhi is one of the few leaders I consistently dislike for how he interacts with the players - which is terribly unfair to the real Gandhi.

Edit: I play late-game a lot. Regardless, Gandhi is one of the few leaders I consistently dislike for how he interacts with the players - which is terribly unfair to the real Gandhi.

Ye he is a freaking passivist that will atack everybody aainst people who wage wars or have a other point of view and he will back his oppinion up with nucliair weopons...

And the hole world hates him and then he comes to me do you want a decleration of friendship what?

Gandhi - enforcing world peace through superior firepower. :D

"Genghis Khan has become a nuissance - one that can be dealt with only through nuking the sh1t out of the Mongolian people. Will you assist me in this endeavour, friend? Will you? Or else!"

If you go at war with Gandhi I would suggest you to get Cover promotions for your front-line units, they'll help a lot when fighting against artillery.

Honestly I blame you for being so unattentive :D
You could easily have stolen some city states that ghandi bribed
Himeji is one of the best wonders, you could probably have spent a great engineer on that
By killing civs do you mean destroying them completely? That makes everyone hate and DOW you, bad move :)

Hm, I have all DLC's I suppose: Inca, Spain, Denmark, Babylon and the Polynesians plus this Map-DLC which turned out to be a bad investment. The only mod tha tI have enabled is the infoaddict but I have installed a couple of other mods which are not enabled though. Maybe that's why?

Gandhi - enforcing world peace through superior firepower. :D

"Genghis Khan has become a nuissance - one that can be dealt with only through nuking the sh1t out of the Mongolian people. Will you assist me in this endeavour, friend? Will you? Or else!"

:lol: Even better: He basically pushed me into destroying Rome completely but is now calling me an uncivilized brute :) In contrast to him of course - the killer of 3 civs now -- bye bye darius...

Honestly I blame you for being so unattentive :D
You could easily have stolen some city states that ghandi bribed
Himeji is one of the best wonders, you could probably have spent a great engineer on that
By killing civs do you mean destroying them completely? That makes everyone hate and DOW you, bad move :)

Yes I know but there was no other option. Otherwise Ghandi would have stepped in and I would have to worry about another front.

Btw: I tried a couple of times to liberate occupied civs (not city states - liberating city states is really great). Supposedly they should be friendly throughout the entire game. But they keep denouncing me and "tell the world about my sins..." such as liberating them :)

Its a diplo bug. Don't liberate civs unless you're going for diplo victory. One way to stop Gandhi from diplo victory is to buy lots of CS in one turn & then declare war on Gandhi. Also you might consider buying Uranium from another player like Gandhi & then create nukes from that uranium.

Top Bottom