Zack Mafia III -- The Blood Box

Zack

99% hot gas
Game Information

:deal:

• Adhere to the forum rules, unless you wish to die a very painful death.
  • Updates, and the game in general, will be silly and lighthearted.
  • Day is 48 hours, unless everyone has voted OR there is a large disparity in the amount of votes for lynch candidates by the halfway point (24 hours).
  • Shockingly, Zack Mafia III is vanilla with a twist, part of which will be revealed once the game starts.
  • During the Day Phase, you may vote for who you believe to be guilty.
  • Votes must be bolded.
  • If you wish to change your vote, you may simply bold another player's name. No unvotes or strikeouts required. And absolutely, positively, NO bunvotes.
  • Whoever has the most votes at the end of the Day phase will be killed, and the game will advance to Night.
  • During the Night phase, the mafia will send me the name of the player they wish to kill. You may talk during the Night phase. Try not to get too spammy.
  • If you are dead, you are no longer able to vote, or reveal any of your previous night actions, or claim anything you did while alive that isn't present in the thread. You may indicate who you believe is mafia/town/whatever, however. But unless you use their in-thread behavior as a reason, or give no reason, you are not allowed to explain why.
  • Private communication of any kind is NOT allowed with other players, unless you are posting in a GM-sanctioned QuickTopic.
  • Do not quote any message I send you, including your Role PM, if you receive one; you must use your own words.
  • No Lynch is allowed, and Abstain is allowed. Inactivity will result in replacement or WOG.
  • Alignment is revealed upon death.
  • No spam or editing posts, save for grammatical fixes.

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE!!!!

Spoiler :
:sheep: Be active! :sheep:

THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT RULE!

Spoiler :
:sheep: Have fun! :sheep:

I don't need a specific number of players, and I can go all the way up to 20, but a few reserves would be nice.

Sign-Ups

[16]

Skwink
Verarde
choxorn
landlubber
Kennigit
Turquoiside
GamezRule
Red_Spy
BSmith1068
General Olaf
DaveShack
classical_hero
BigTin
Mergle
askthepizzaguy
Takhisis

Reserves

Jarrema​

Link to Zack Mafia I.
Link to Zack Mafia II.

Expect a twist(s) and/or craziness in this game as well, but try to play the game as you normally would.

COMMENCE SIGN-UPS! :whipped:

:coffee:

The "story" up to this point:

Spoiler :
Part 1

The villagers of the Community had always lived peacefully - or at least, for as long as anyone could remember. War was an unusual concept to the Community. What would be the purpose, anyways? The Community has managed to get by splendidly without resorting to war. Everyone in the Community contributed, did their part to ensure life went on. Some hunted, some farmed, some healed; there were countless jobs that needed to be done, and they were always completed.

Until now.

A foreign people have come to the Community, and the results have been anything but good.

All involved parties are represented here on the Council. Each side has their goals, their motives. Yours is clear - all threats to the wellbeing of the Community must be terminated. Immediately.

You must hurry. Time is running out.

Part 2

The Council members sat uncomfortably, each concerned for his backside. All knew that there were foreign invaders sitting on the Council, disguised as representatives of the Community villagers. Some were happy with that fact. Most were not.

JR48fan was growing more and more impatient. "We can please start meeting? Me can't wait to reveal those filthy foreigners."

Zack - the Council President - called for silence. "Time to start the meeting, fellas. Keep this in mind during discussion:

• Adhere to the forum rules.
  • During the Day Phase, you may vote for who you believe to be guilty.
  • Votes must be in the following format - Bolded, with the name of who you are voting. Vote: Zack
  • If you wish to change your vote, you must use one of the following formats -
    • Unvote: Zack
    • Zack
  • Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day phase will be killed, and the game will advance to night.
  • During the night phase, you will wait to see the results of night actions. If you have a night action, send me a private message indicating which action you wish to take. You may talk during the night phase.

"Oh, and remember this too:

• Private communication is forbidden. You may only talk about the game in-thread.
  • Do not quote any message I send you, you must use your own words. This means you can never quote your role PM and copy it here in this thread, or reveal it privately.
  • Vote: No Lynch is allowed, and Vote: Abstain vote is allowed, but you must vote or abstain every phase. If you miss two phases in a row, I will WOG or replace you.
  • Alignment is not revealed upon death.
  • No spam or editing posts.

Part 3

Only three were left. Well, four if you count the Council President, Zack. Three of them retreated nervously to their homes that night, fearing for their lives. One retreated home eagerly, excited for the night activities to begin.

choxorn left his house and went over to remake20's house, hoping that he could protect his friend from death that night. Although he waited patiently by remake's bedside, wary of any intruders that may come, none came to remake20's house that night. Both choxorn and remake20 were safe.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

JR48fan had a rough time getting to sleep, and he kept tossing and turning all night. He was exhausted, yet sleep would not come; his sheets were a tangled mess. JR48fan bolted upright when he heard footsteps in the hallway outside his room. His heart was threatening to burst out of his chest, and he knew he should run away, but his limbs were frozen - not from the cold, but from fear. A guttural shriek came from his throat as the door to his bedroom burst open, and a tall figure in jet black robes walked through. He strode straight over to JR48fan's bed and, leaning over, whispered into his ear: "Good night, JR48fan. Sweet dreams." With those words, the intruder ripped a knife free from his boot and plunged it quickly and deeply into JR48fan's exposed, shirtless chest. JR48fan's screams rose sharply in pitch and volume, then were cut off almost instantly. Blood spewed forth from his chest like a fountain as the figure twisted the long, bloody knife in his torso. Satisfied, the intruder tore his weapon free from JR48fan's body and walked calmly out of his house and back to his own, cleaning his knife on his robes along the way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning, remake20, choxorn, and Zack all arrived at the meeting room early in the morning. All three were fatigued for various reasons. Zack was looking over some papers in his hand, quietly sipping wine from a cup he held in his free hand. Setting the papers down on the table, but keeping the glass of wine held in his fingers, Zack kicked his feet up on the long table. He turned his head and looked at choxorn and remake20, who were sitting at the other end of the table whispering among themselves. Zack set his glass down on the table, stood up, and started to walk over towards the two frightened villagers. "Well," he began, "Have the foreigners been eliminated?" After seeing the hesitant nods of both choxorn and remake20, Zack nodded his head. "Good, good. It seems that after all of this time, we managed to eliminate the threat to the town's welfare and our peaceful Community.

"Well, at least one of the threats." Zack whipped a knife out and threw it across the room. It embedded itself deeply into remake20's chest, and remake gasped, then slumped limply to the ground. Zack then turned to choxorn, who was already scared half to death. Zack dashed at him and placed his hands on choxorn's neck, squeezing the life out of choxorn. As choxorn's breath stopped to flow and the poor fellow fell to the ground, Zack was pleased. He had accomplished his task. All of the Councilors were dead. Yawning, he decided he would officially set up his new dictatorial regime tomorrow morning - he needed to get some sleep first.

Murdering so many people made one quite tired.

Part 4

The Council members sat uncomfortably, each concerned for his backside. What was the point of this Council, again? The dictator in charge, Zack, never let it do anything of significance. It seemed like the only thing the Council was good for was corruption, betrayal, and murder.

Zack - the aforementioned dictator - did not need to call for silence, as there was already no noise in the room. "Time to start the meeting, gentlemen. Keep this in mind during discussion, lest you should be castrated:

• Two of you are my minions. Twelve of you are not.
  • During the Day Phase, you may vote for who you believe to be one of my minions.
  • Votes must be bolded.
  • Private communication OF ANY KIND is forbidden. If you have something to say, tell us all. We don't keep secrets in here. Well, except for me.
  • Do not directly quote anything I tell you in private; you must use your own words.
  • No Lynch is not allowed, but Abstain is.
  • When a Councilor dies, you will learn whether or not they were one of my minions.
  • What has been said, has been said, and cannot be changed!"

"Have fun!"

Part 5

Zack was lynched.

Part 6

The next morning, BSmith1068 and GamezRule looked at each other, realizing that neither had attacked the other during the night.

"Guess we eliminated the bad guys then, huh?"

Prologue coming.

In

And Zack, I WILL be active in one of your games. :p

You have my sword, bow, axe, and slingshot.

PROLOGUE

The grass was green. The sky was blue. Life in the Community was back to normal, and normal was welcome. The days of Zack, and all of the trouble he had caused, were past. Everything was right with the world again.

Or so everyone thought.

The days of Zack were not, in fact, over. At least, not yet.

-------------------------------

A dark figure stood over Zack's grave, carefully reading the inscription:

Don't rest in peace, you bastard.

The dark figure smiled at the inscription on the gravestone. Zack's unpeaceful rest would be a short one. The dark figure moved forward slightly, so that his feet were almost touching Zack's grave. The figure raised his arms in the air, and started moving his hands in wide, complex, twisting motions. He continued moving his hands in this manner for a few minutes, then dramatically brought his hands to a stop, both poised high in the air, fingers pointing down towards Zack's grave. The dark figure then opened his mouth to speak the dark incantations that would bring Zack back to life.

"By the power vested in me from his Noodliness -- hallowed be his name -- I command you to rise, Zack!"

Nothing happened. The figure tried repeating the incantation. Still nothing.

"Hocus pocus! Alakazam! Poof! Open sesame!"

The figure scratched his head. Had he forgotten the words of the secret ritual of necromancy? Oh, right. The word came to him now.

":bump:"

A hand shot up through the grave. Then another. Then Zack's head, gasping, rose out of the soil. When he saw the figure, Zack's face lit up.

"Charles! It's been far too long, my good man!"

Several of the older, more experienced members of the Community had made their way over here by now, interrupting the happy reunion between two emotional friends. One Council member threw his hands up in the air, then put his hands on his hips, shaking his head. His compatriots followed suitand all had something unpleasant to say about the occurrence (which are too unpleasant for me to repeat here).

After letting loose a livid and loquacious string of obscenities, the Community members walked away, shaking their heads, leaving the dark figure and Zack alone.

After a few minutes, Zack -- fully out of the grave now, and standing up -- looked over at the figure.

"So, uh, thanks for bringing back to life, man."

The figure shrugged. "No problem." He then turned to his bag, rummaging through its shady contents. After a few moments, he produced a plain red box.

"What is that?" Zack asked.

The figure smiled. "You'll find out."

With that, he winked at Zack, snapped his fingers, then vanished into thin air. Zack scratched his head, shrugged, then made his way into town, box tucked under his arm.

He had some business to take care of...

I give my informed consent to join this game.

and by informed, I mean I'll read it later :) (don't worry, will 100% play regardless)

inininininininininininininininininin

In!!!

Why do the words 'Zack Mafia' not have an 'n' in them?

In. These look like fun! !!

Top Bottom