Paris is Burning (6 player FFA)

Onan

Dad
So, after the last game continued to have load/crash problems, we scrapped it.

Luckily, we got another 6-man going right away.

Settings: Small pangaea, 10 CS, strat balance, ruins and barbs on.

Onan - Iroquois (random)
Kyp - Aztecs
zalta - China
Tabarnak - Persia
Alistair - France (random)
Awesome - Rome

This game's been pretty interesting from the start. Within the first five turns or so, zalta and I were negotiating city placements to ensure two cities would fit between our capitals (only 6-7 tiles between?). A bit later, a French city was founded with 6 tiles between it and my cap on the other side, though on the other side of some mountains. I'm not sure if their war started before that, but Persia went to war with France early, due to their founding tribe settling in an iron mine. ;)

It looked like the French were a race doomed to slavery, as Paris fell quickly to the Persian hordes. However requests for support were answered before it was too late...perhaps only just. The Iroquois sent their mohawk warriors to turn the tide, capturing Ectabana with French support. The Allies pushed on against France's oppressors, taking the war to Pasargadae. The French managed to capture this city, with heavy indian losses. At this point we withdrew from the war, offering peace, which was rejected. Before we saved, (around turn 80?), Pasargadae was retaken by the Persians, and Paris was retaken by the French.

Meanwhile, China, the Aztecs, and Rome have grown strong in peace. China built the Great Library. Did I see that Rome built the Hanging Gardens? I don't know what other wonders might have been built, I was too busy trying to move everything and conduct diplomacy every turn.

Speaking of which, Persian envoys informed us our tactics were in error, that we should have killed and enslaved the French towns near us. Our people could not support such actions, however. They would have rioted in the streets at such injustice. With some semblance of balance and order restored to the Great Mother, our people now return to their peaceful ways.

:)

What days can you guys play next?

Anytime is good for me really. Just let me know when and I should be available. Give me 3 days notice though at least.

-AwesoMe

Hey, nice quick response time, I like that. :)

Remember guys, bookmark the thread to an email you check daily so we can coordinate things quickly.

Anytime is good for me really. Just let me know when and I should be available. Give me 3 days notice though at least.

-AwesoMe

AwesoMe, because the game is played starting at the same time each session (8pm in New Zealand), and because we don't tend to have set days, what's best is if you list which days this week you're able to play. Once everyone has posted, we compare notes and see which day(s) will work. Some people's schedules are variable, so this system seems to work well.

I can play Wednesday through Monday (only Tuesdays that I can't do).

I am in. No fixed schedule for the following week, so should be ok to play any day

I am unavailable on Saturday and Sunday, NZ time (Friday and Saturday midnight in NA). The rest should be okay.

Top post edited with details of the game.

I am in. No fixed schedule for the following week, so should be ok to play any day

Hi EEE. My apologies, we started this about three hours ago. After the other game crapped out, we found a couple players and got things started. Sorry, I didn't notice if you were online.... next time!

Yeah, my data block will resume on 23rd, so I was Playing offline. Too sad. Would you consider running two games at the same time, lol

Friday should be fine for me.

The Aztecs sit on the eastern coast, sharing a land area with the Mighty Romans. So far peace has held, out of mutual agreement, that if we went to war, we would fall further behind the Chinese in tech. However, Azteca has maintained a large defensive army of around 7 Jag swords. In the meantime, Rome is Genghising the city states nearby. But that doesnt bother us much, as we tend to stick to ourselves mostly. The only major diplomatic event so far was the agreement to city locations with Rome.

Aztec currently has the largest population in the world. The sacrifices are keeping the people gods content. And the Whales are feeding the nation.

Persians got mad(seriously for a couple of min, then calmed down...it's only a game after all ;))! How can this happen? Yes, Pasargadae has been retaken...but all this blood for returning at the same point?

France and I are seriously injured..my main army was far north when Iroquois(+gifts for France) sluggered me, 1 turn later and i would have held off my victim and the backstabber.

Great game so far, i made a lot of scenarios in my head before going to bed, giving me headaches...:lol:

I'm ready to play Friday at same hour.

So by the way, is there any way to move my capital back to Paris? It feels wrong having it stuck in my mountain crap-town of Orleans.

So by the way, is there any way to move my capital back to Paris? It feels wrong having it stuck in my mountain crap-town of Orleans.

Hmm i tought it was moved automatically. Can you build the Palace? Must take a very long time if you can(like courthouses).

I can play friday but i need to know the day and time in eastern standard time U.S.A.

-AwesoMe

P.S. The mighty Roman Empire is ready to settle in peace for the duration of the game. A once pitiful weak nation due to its agreement with Aztecs it grew to heights unmet with its massive army timed perfectly with the Hanging Gardens due to the jealosy it may create. But peace not war is on the mind of the Romans. More importantly the Chinese and there 4-5% lead in technology. While the rest war to no avail.

EST it's 2AM Friday--as in late Thursday night. For Alistair let's call it 12:01 AM Friday, since it's midnight Thursday for him, I think.

Friday looks like a go then!

And Tab, 'backstab' implies we had some kind of agreement. We'd not even been long in contact before we decided to lend our support to our neighbor.

If France had fallen, the Iroquois nations know they would have been next.

Glad you calmed down pretty quick.

Maybe I haven't emphasized it enough, but these are 'to the bitter end' games. Just like in 'the league' or NQ games, quitting is a recipe for messing up the game for everyone else. A Never Say Die attitude is highly respected. :D

Definitely an interesting world setup. China and I suppose the Iroquois sit at the crossroads, with two empires on either side. Land looks relatively tight, too, especially after the last game...which has made things interesting from the start.

Looking forward to whatever else develops!

Great game so far, i made a lot of scenarios in my head before going to bed, giving me headaches...:lol:

Me too, I couldn't stop thinking about it, to the point where I decided to read, which then kept me up for at least another hour.... :crazyeye:

Maybe I haven't emphasized it enough, but these are 'to the bitter end' games. Just like in 'the league' or NQ games, quitting is a recipe for messing up the game for everyone else. A Never Say Die attitude is highly respected. :D

Well i would not have quit the game properly made, jut ''abandon it'' by letting France or you to ''easily'' capture my other cities or simply doing camikaze moves against you.

But i refrained very fast from this idea. This can create an even more unbalanced game for the rest of you. I will continue like i always did, don't worry.

I made 2 little mistakes(1 city too close from 2 borders, army getting too far away) that would not occur any problem in a regula FFA game(with few or no diplo) that cost me the game(because i don't see how i can recover, like probably France).

I learned a lot for sure.

So...are we going to play in less than 8 hours?

I can host the game like last time. It runned fine i think.

Top Bottom